Help why is GFV studio have so much availability Labor Day through fall now

Oh wow!!!!
So it’s like Poly bathroom?
It’s basically a refurbished regular GF hotel room. Not like the studios at other DVC locations. They look quite nice, but more comparable to a hotel room than a traditional DVC studio in terms of room amenities.

The new resort studios have one shower. The original DVC studios at VGF are like Poly and have two bathrooms.
Wow. So the old studios have two bathrooms but also have less square footage than the new resort studios? I wonder if the new resorts studios feel more spacious overall than the old ones as a result.

Wow. So the old studios have two bathrooms but also have less square footage than the new resort studios? I wonder if the new resorts studios feel more spacious overall than the old ones as a result.

Yes, the area with the two beds is larger. There are trade offs between the two so it really will be individual choice which is a better option for your family and guests.

2 showers NOT 2 toilets. Just to be clear. It's not 2 full bathrooms. Sorry huge pet peeve of mine.
What’s a huge pet peeve of yours? 🤷

Even if there are not 2 toilets the space of the entire bathroom area in the deluxe studio is larger than the resort studio bathroom. Hence more space in living area.

Last edited:

Even if there are not 2 toilets the space of the entire bathroom area in the deluxe studio is larger than the resort studio bathroom. Hence more space in living area.
It sounds like the pet peeve is when people say it has 2 bathrooms.

Saying there are 2 bathrooms when there are not because there is only 1 toilet. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people but it irks me to no end.

It sounds like the pet peeve is when people say it has 2 bathrooms.
I know. I was just repeating there was two bathrooms from what someone else said earlier in this thread. My point was there was more space created because of the 2 or 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 bathrooms in the deluxe studio over the single standard bath in the Resort studio. Pet peeve wasn’t relevant to my more space statement. Should have been directed to person who originally said two bathrooms. No biggie either way.

Saying there are 2 bathrooms when there are not because there is only 1 toilet. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people but it irks me to no end.
It annoys me to no end when you see a real estate listing that says "X full bathroom(s)" when it's really .75 bath because they replaced the tub shower with just a shower.

It annoys me to no end when you see a real estate listing that says "X full bathroom(s)" when it's really .75 bath because they replaced the tub shower with just a shower.
yeah I notice that too. We have 1.75 baths: one full, one with just a shower (not big enough for a bath/shower combo even).

Wow that’s wierd !
Not even a small fridge… SMH
I am with @tjkraz in that I have used the microwave and toaster only handful of times in 15+ stays, but not having a mini-fridge? Hmmm... I guess the plus side is that you don't have to listen to the inevitable rattling compressor noise kicking on and off in the middle of the night!

That said, I booked one of these studios last week for our upcoming stay in September. I have stayed at every WDW resort except the Grand and the Riviera, so I was pretty excited to see when it showed up. We had been booked at Saratoga for the umpteenth time waiting for the waitlist at BWV to clear. Now, I feel like I am in a win-win situation of staying at a new place on Magic Kingdom's doorstep or staying at my home resort next to EPCOT during food and wine. 🥳

I am with @tjkraz in that I have used the microwave and toaster only handful of times in 15+ stays, but not having a mini-fridge? Hmmm... I guess the plus side is that you don't have to listen to the inevitable rattling compressor noise kicking on and off in the middle of the night!
The Resort Studios have a "Beverage Cooler" which has the appearance of a mini fridge. Supposedly beverage coolers will not go any lower than 39 degrees. According to the FDA, refrigerated foods should be stored at 40 or below. There is a window for safety, but it's narrow. If you're only storing bottled water and soda, it's fine. If you want cold cuts and a small jar of mayo, well...

Arguably the bigger loss is the freezer compartment. Convenience foods like frozen waffles and Uncrustables sandwiches won't keep in a beverage cooler.

The Resort Studios have a "Beverage Cooler" which has the appearance of a mini fridge. Supposedly beverage coolers will not go any lower than 39 degrees. According to the FDA, refrigerated foods should be stored at 40 or below. There is a window for safety, but it's narrow. If you're only storing bottled water and soda, it's fine. If you want cold cuts and a small jar of mayo, well...

Arguably the bigger loss is the freezer compartment. Convenience foods like frozen waffles and Uncrustables sandwiches won't keep in a beverage cooler.
I didn't realize this. This is actually ridiculous. There should be a mini-fridge, what reasoning could there be for having a useless beverage cooler?

I'm trying the resort studio in August. I have never stayed at GF before so it's time.

I don't know why the Beverage Cooler, but they had them on the cruise ships and if you place a cup of ice inside, they work much better. Personally I never use the frozen foods, so I don't miss the freezer. Those rooms apparently don't have a microwave either, so they are assuming you won't be microwaving frozen foods in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter