Help?!? Where to stay

kimysbug

DIS Veteran
Our plan was to go to WDW jan/feb 2015, when I graduate RN school, but on Friday we decided to book a trip for this summer July13-18.

We have stayed at
All star sports
POP
Caribbean beach
Port Orleans French quarter
Coronado springs
Board walk
Wilderness lodge x2
Grand Floridian x2
Polynesian x2

We want to stay at all resorts except vacation club, I don't want to see a kitchen or wash machine on my vacation. ;)

It's just DH and myself

Question, we booked animal kingdom lodge standard view , will we like it?
I love poly, love how close to mk

We like to get up early open parks, go back to room to nap, shower, go back and close park.

Is this too far to do?
Ps this is our 18th anniversary , we honeymooned at gf and renewed our vows 10th anniversary stayed at gf again.

Opinions please, don't hold back

I LOVE AKL, but I don't really consider it convenient for an afternoon break (unless you're at AK)...but if you don't mind the drive/ride, then by all means go and enjoy. It's really a stunning resort.

We love AKL, and never had a problem coming back for afternoon breaks. If you can afford a pool view I'd choose that rather then standard view. They have some really awful standard views near bus stop, so if you decide on standard view, I'd request Ostrich Trail.

Thank you
At wilderness lodge we get a standard view, and never had an issue

I was told the animals are only at the lodge certain times, that is why I didn't pay to have a view if them.

We are up and out early, and back late. We nap, but I'm guessing they are not there then.

I'm going to vote for the BC or YC instead if you want to take breaks. It's so easy to walk from EP or HS for a break and the pool is great.

Our plan was to go to WDW jan/feb 2015, when I graduate RN school, but on Friday we decided to book a trip for this summer July13-18.

We have stayed at
All star sports
POP
Caribbean beach
Port Orleans French quarter
Coronado springs
Board walk
Wilderness lodge x2
Grand Floridian x2
Polynesian x2

We want to stay at all resorts except vacation club, I don't want to see a kitchen or wash machine on my vacation. ;)

It's just DH and myself

Question, we booked animal kingdom lodge standard view , will we like it?
I love poly, love how close to mk

We like to get up early open parks, go back to room to nap, shower, go back and close park.

Is this too far to do?
Ps this is our 18th anniversary , we honeymooned at gf and renewed our vows 10th anniversary stayed at gf again.

Opinions please, don't hold back

AKL is a beautiful resort and is out away from everything so it's quiet, IMO. However, even though it's kind of isolated compared to all of the other resorts, we found the buses to be fine and I don't think you would have any problem going back for an afternoon break (just my opinion, of course). Good luck.

AKL is awesome we loved it there. But if you are planning on heading back to the resort mid Day I would rethink where to stay. Try BC/YC you have 2 parks so close and a awesome pool for July!

BC/YC :dance3:is my vote!

We like to end most nights at mk or were emh are.
Im still undecided

If that's the case, why not book a room at the Contemporary? Based on your list you haven't stayed there and you will really appreciate being able to walk back to the resort when the MK closes (especially on nights they do Wishes) instead of having to fight through the crowds to get to the bus/ferry/monorail.

If that's the case, why not book a room at the Contemporary? Based on your list you haven't stayed there and you will really appreciate being able to walk back to the resort when the MK closes (especially on nights they do Wishes) instead of having to fight through the crowds to get to the bus/ferry/monorail.

I was going to suggest the Contemporary as well. In addition to the walk to MK, you can monorail to MK and TTC/Epcot (and wait for it in air conditioned comfort), boat to MK, and everything's under one roof. But really I'm suggesting it because I think the updated rooms look fantastic and I'm dying to stay there again myself. :rotfl:

We really enjoyed our stay at AKL, and took breaks every day.
Granted, we've never stayed at a monorail resort, and I love AK almost equally to MK.

Have you considered Contemporary? I see you haven't stayed there yet. It's on the monorail and is in walking distance to Magic Kingdom!

Unfortunately the contemporary is all booked up that week :(

That was my first thought, it's a dream to stay there.

We decided to stay at AKL
Standard view, this a unexpected trip, and we want to try all resorts do might as well try this one now.

I booked a dinner at jinko

Even though the resort is a little further then the other resorts, once your on the bus, another 10 minutes is no big deal. We stayed there and loved it. Beautiful resort and very relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter