Help!!! Opening Canon photos in Camera Raw?

I doubleclicked on it. It says extract files and there are no files to extract then. Nothing else comes up as a prompt.

You might have to run the extract and then navigate to where it extracted to then run the update. See if there are directions on their website. I am on an Android phone right now, so cannot look myself.

Can I ask why not just use the canon raw software DPP that came with the camera?

For me I find it reads the raw files out of the camera alot better than the adobe ACR
Plus its free.

You might have to run the extract and then navigate to where it extracted to then run the update. See if there are directions on their website. I am on an Android phone right now, so cannot look myself.

I think I mith have it loaded now. It is opening half of my raw files now.

Can I ask why not just use the canon raw software DPP that came with the camera?

For me I find it reads the raw files out of the camera alot better than the adobe ACR
Plus its free.

I don't want to learn a whole new program. I do everything in camera raw with my jpegs and then in photoshop. I looked at what came with the camera and it was a mess to figure out.

I don't want to learn a whole new program. I do everything in camera raw with my jpegs and then in photoshop. I looked at what came with the camera and it was a mess to figure out.

The thing with DPP I find, is it displays the photos just how you took them in the camera. I use picture styles and ACR cannot read that "recipe" correctly. Each time I used ACR I had to do alot of tweaking to get to the same pic I took.
In DPP I dont, thus my pp time is reduced.

In anycase it was just a suggestion :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter