Help me run the numbers! FD/room-only

jse107

Mouseketeer
We're going from 11/28-12/5. Yay! :cool1:

Currently we're booked for two WL standard rooms. In one room there will be two adults (my ILs). In the other room there will be two adults (DH and me) and two kids (5 and 2).

Which is a better deal for us? Is one better for the ILs and one better for us?

We have the Disney Visa and are currently booked for FD.

Help me out!

Call Disney and ask them to run the room-only against your current reservation. They can "mirror" the reservation, where you still have the same park tickets & dining plan added. It may or may not be cheaper for your IL's. Basically, if it is more than an $80 discount on the room, it would be cheaper for your IL's to do the room only. If it is more than $91 off it would be better for you to do the room only. (Those numbers are the costs for the dining package per day with 2 adults and with 2 adults + 1 child... your youngest doesn't count ;) ).

Crunched the numbers for you! (just your family, not the IL's) The difference between the 2 is only $57! I did the free DDP and then did the room only discount and then added the tix and DDp on after! The RO came out to $57 in your favour! You could go that route and then get tix cheaper from Undercover Tourist!

If you really want to stay at the WL I would keep what you have now. I tried calling to see if I could switch from Beach Club to WL for Nov. 29th to Dec. 6th and there was nothing available for the AP rate or the general public code.

Call. I looked online and couldn't find room only at WL for your stay. I did see FD with a standard view for your dates. I would guess the room only rate was better so those rooms are taken. I found your dates for two adults with free dining for $2463 (8 day base tickets). For your room the only difference would be a child's ticket for your 5yr old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter