Help! Is nothing available?

Anyone check park closing during that time? DH says the convention book the park and universal

I found this info about the convention, maybe it'll help someone.
http://www.gartner.com/technology/symposium/orlando/hotel.jsp

Thanks for sharing the link, it was very helpful. From the speakers, it looks like General Colin Powell will be at Disney during this time.

I can't find any resorts either, I was waiting for the discounts to be announced & then book it. It makes me really nervous, but it doesn't look like the values will be affected at all by the convention.

Booked the AoA nemo suite at rack rate. Hoping something else is released soon... :(

I'm not sure when registration for Gartner closes, but I would imagine they will have to release their unused blocks in a few weeks. There will probably be a lot of rooms available at that point.

I had never heard of the Gartner convention and was curious so I googled it. According to their website (google "gartner convention wdw") the Poly, GF, BWI, Swan, Dolphin, BC & YC are sold out. So it looks like there won't be any of these rooms released, at least by this convention. Sorry, OP.

On the bright side, they're still showing availability at WL, AK, CB, & POR. It says that after 9/17 the deposit is non-refundable and the balance is due, so maybe un-reserved rooms will be released then? Good luck.

Wow...has anyone ever been there during this particular convention? We are booked at POR (royal room) for 10/20-26....glad we already have our reservations! My inlaws have a room booked too for the week but are considering only staying a few days now. I was going to recommend them to check out the military rates for POR, but I am guessing with this convention, there won't be many discounted rooms available!
OP...hope something opens up for you!!

Wow...has anyone ever been there during this particular convention? We are booked at POR (royal room) for 10/20-26....glad we already have our reservations! My inlaws have a room booked too for the week but are considering only staying a few days now. I was going to recommend them to check out the military rates for POR, but I am guessing with this convention, there won't be many discounted rooms available!
OP...hope something opens up for you!!

I have been, DH is part of the conference every year. While resorts are booked up, parks aren't overly crowded. The majority of people are there for business, not vacation. We always tag along because we have APs, but there aren't many families there directly related to the convention.

That being said, October is no longer a slow period like it used to be. This will be our 4th October there & it's increased in crowds every year so far. But nothing crazy at all.

- or should I just hold off to see if AP rates come out soon with something?

With such limited availability, there is absolutely no motivation for them to offer AP rates at all for that time period.

If you want to stay on site, book what you can now & change it later if its an option.

Expedia has plenty of WDW Resorts available. I've seen this before that availability of WDW Resorts via the WDW website was lacking, but Expedia has plenty of inventory. We've used them a number of times with no problem...they even tell you about DME and when to sign up.

Of course someone will say they had a friend of a cousin's hairdresser's handyman bailbondsman book through Expedia, and when they got to the resort they didn't have a reservation. We've never experienced a situation like that. Just what Expedia promised.

Expedia has plenty of WDW Resorts available. I've seen this before that availability of WDW Resorts via the WDW website was lacking, but Expedia has plenty of inventory. We've used them a number of times with no problem...they even tell you about DME and when to sign up.

Of course someone will say they had a friend of a cousin's hairdresser's handyman bailbondsman book through Expedia, and when they got to the resort they didn't have a reservation. We've never experienced a situation like that. Just what Expedia promised.

I took your suggestion and checked OP's dates on Expedia. No availability at Swan, Dolphin, BC, BWI, YC, CR, POFQ, POR, CSR, OKW, WL, Poly, GF. Most of the villas show no availability, too. Gartner is a huge convention. Disney didn't appear to save a lot of rooms with an outside agency in this case.

There was a little availability at the All stars, FW, and Art of Animation.

I took your suggestion and checked OP's dates on Expedia. No availability at Swan, Dolphin, BC, BWI, YC, CR, POFQ, POR, CSR, OKW, WL, Poly, GF. Most of the villas show no availability, too. Gartner is a huge convention. Disney didn't appear to save a lot of rooms with an outside agency in this case.

There was a little availability at the All stars, FW, and Art of Animation.

My mistake....somehow didn't get the right dates put in...my apologies.

My mistake....somehow didn't get the right dates put in...my apologies.

Goodness, no worries. This is probably just one of those out of the ordinary situations where there is an enormous convention, and they've booked most everything. That's good news for Disney. :goodvibes

So happy!

Finally port Orleans opened up and we are able to stay there for the entire trip- its only cutting it a little close, but we are going! Hooray!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter