Help! I need a debt snowball excel file

wtpntigger2

DIS Veteran
Someone on here had an excel file for a debt snowball. I had to change some info on it and inadvertantly got rid of many of the formulas needed for the results page. Can anyone help me out with this same spreadsheet or one similar to it?

The one I have has three tabs: data entry page, results page, and instructions. On it it states that this spreadsheet was written by Lloyd Derebery.

I will make sure to save the original file first. And then save my info in a new file.

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

would also like to see the spreadsheet. Made a simple one of my own, but it doesn't have results or anything like that, it is more just a log of payments as I make them (min amt and any extra paid, due date, date sent, etc.) The one you're describing sounds MUCH cooler!

I tried searching this forum for you using "debt snowball excel file" & other versions of that, but there is SOOOOOO much info on this board, it came back with alot of results. Good & bad thing. I searched some of the threads, but it could take a while.

Do you remember roughly when you received the file?
Did you download it from a thread?
Did you have to PM someone here for it? (check you PM box)

Anything else you remember?

I use this one: Debt Snowball

Click on the Super Debt Snowball and follow the directions. It will calculate how long it will take to payoff the CC using the amount you say you can pay each month.

Boy, on the results page, they must have some of the months messed up but it is a good chart.

SplshMtn99 said:
I THINK I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When in doubt, GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Lloyd Derebery snowball excel file)

It appears Lloyd was (died Feb 2006) into finances like Dave Ramsey.
http://www.fairfieldfpu.com/html/

That's it , that's it!!! Thank you sooo much!!! :bounce:

I never thought to google it.

Now off to bookmark the page and save it correctly in excel.

T. Lynn said:
Boy, on the results page, they must have some of the months messed up but it is a good chart.

Why do u say this, i fille dit in last night out of curiosity and didnt notice anything, but then again, wasnt paying much attention to it, just curious as to why??

On the first page, I put in a 7 for the month of july (to start). On the top of the next page or worksheet, the snowball sheet, it showed October twice (instead of Oct, Nov) and then Jan twice.

When I used January as the starting month, it was fine. It's the way he has the fields automatically set up to add 30 or 31 days according to the months.

I wanted to start with July so I just fixed his formulas.

Thanks to the OP for asking the question and to everyone else who answered! I had been trying over the weeks/months to create my own - never once thought that there'd be a "freeware" version available - and it was really straining the limits of my mathematical abilities! My Finance profs would scold me for sure! So....thanks!

Ok I get it, i wil have to go double check. I thought it was ag ood sheet but i wuld lie to add some things for it not hat i now how..lol...like i want to pay this one cc off by jan. so it doesnt allow me to just put ingoing bonus to one cc, but it applies it like it wants..anyway im glad i found it and maybei wil just wait until jan to do it again that way the formulas look good, (cuzi sure as heck aint touching anything..lol) i can barely get by my own basic spreadsheets....thanks for letting us know of the month problem!!!

You can still print out the sheet and write in the correct month. It doesn't mess up the fomulas as it still shows 12 months, it just shows Oct. twice (skipping November) instead of Oct then November.

I guess it depends on what month you start with on the first page. I played around with it and put August. I think I only had to change 1 or 2 months on the next worksheet.

Glad my problem could help a few people.

I hadn't noticed the month problem, but it was probably because I didn't have it with my first one. Mine goes Jul, Aug, Aug, Oct, Oct, Dec, Dec, Jan 07, Mar 07 and then it's correct from there. Strange that we are getting different results for the months. Doesn't really matter to me though, I know what those months are supposed to be.

Thanks again SplshMtn99 for finding this!!

ETA: Checked out the formula for the months and fixed them. It probably should have been set up with plus 30 regardless of which month it was, if that was possible.

I fixed the second August to Sept-06 and the rest changed themselves. I just want to kiss the OP...thank you for asking about this. (I'm really not into kissing dead guys!!!) I plugged in my numbers, starting at the smallest debt to the largest (car payment). I choose not to include my student loan (super low interest rates) and my mortgage (still very new, great rate, not "bad" debt in my eyes...wanted to see an end in site for the spreadsheet). Including both car loans (one almost paid now) we will be done with the program in 2 years. I am amazed!!! I want to keep it up, add $$ whenever able to, explain it to DH, try my best to build an emergency fund, etc. This is difficult since DH has been on light duty for work related injuries 6 months last year and just started again last month. Thanks again! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter