• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help- going in 2 days and decided to go to Sea World- have LOTS of questions

dwfanatic

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deepseagreen>Proud momm
I originally posted this on the Sea World board, but I don't think it is as visited as this on. I am hoping to get some advice.

Help!! Leaving in 2 days and decided to go to SW- LOTS of ???
OK... Being a diehard dsney fan, it's hard to admit we are going to the OTHER park... LOL. I have many questions.

1) Is it too hot this late in August to enjoy the outdoor shows? DS doesn't do well sitting in the sun for long.

2) DS loves aquariums, but does not do coasters, so we aare going to see mainly animals and shows. Help me put my mind at ease and let me know he'll enjoy SW.

3) I am an AVID planner of things, and I have never been to SW FL, only SW CA, so I don't want to waste time trying to navigate park. Can I get some touring tips...IE which way to best navigate park, what attractions to see first, etc..

4) We are renting a car, and I would like directions from ASSp to SW.

5) Any other comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks you all so much!

August is hot and steamy - we went to SeaWorld in July and it was hot but bearable. The important thing is to take it slow. There are only 3 rides at SeaWorld - Journey to Atlantis is a water ride - similar to Splash Mountain. The Kraken is a roller coaster. Wild Artic is a motion simulator - there is also a part that does not involve the motion simulator. As far as things to do - there's plenty - there are "hands on" activities such as feeding stingray, dolphin and seals. A lot of the activities are indoors so there are plenty of places to get out of the heat. The areas for the shows (Shamu and skiing) are covered - so you are out of the sun. Be prepared for a bit of a let down - it is not Disney.

My DD loved SW. Most of the shows have covered areas, so you aren't just sitting out in the sun during the performance, and waiting time. There are also air conditioned areas that you can visit--Artic-polar bears, etc. Also try to hit the Animal acts--it is also a/c and amazing what they can teach mostly stray animals from a shelter.We rode Journey--after a 45 minutes wait, but DD was not prepared for it, so it bothered her. She was 6 at the time, and I had no idea what it was (I had not discovered these boards yet). We've ridden something very similar since, and she loved it. Our family enjoys the shows alot. Most theaters seat large numbers, so it is fairly easy to get seated. We spent 2 days at SW (the first was a 1/2 day), so we didn't use any time saving ploys--although I have heard people sit near the exit, and exit each show just before it ends so that they can run to the next show. I don;t consider it a let-down from disney, because it is so different from anything Disney has to offer. Directions from ASSP: One way is to take 193 to I-4 north, exit at the Central Florida Parkway. It is well marked. The other way is to take I Drive--prepare for a much longer trip this way--lots of stop and go. Have fun.

Just wanted to add get there early for the Clyde and Seamore Show for the pre-show entertainment. The pirate mime is hysterical. Whatever you do -- don't walk in late or you will be the target!

Thanks to all for your input... anyone else???

Yes,
Buy your tickets online (they have etickets now) and the second day is free. Not a bad deal.
They will not say that on the tickets, but, I did call Sea World and they said when you enter the park go to the left, have your picture taken and you will receive your two day pass.
Hope this helps. I loved printing the tickets right here at home.

I love SeaWorld!!!!And I don't consider it a letdown or whatever from WDW, because it's really very different. And I think their employees do a fairly good job of customer service.IMHO, SeaWorld is the closest thing to the Disney style down there.You can keep Universal!!!!

I don't believe there are a lot of rides...I think it's mostly shows(as someone before me pointed out)You can do it in a day, and I have always enjoyed it.

There is also a Sea World Chat tonight.

My DH and I love Sea World! We just returned 2 weeks ago from an incredible trip. If you are able, I would recommend signing up for a Behind the Scenes Tour.

There are 3 tours and they cost $7.95 each: Polar Tour (penguins, polar bears & belugas), rescue tour (manatees & sea turtles), and predator tour (whales & sharks). These tours are approx. 1 hour each and in our opinion, they are fantastic! I had intended to write a trip report about them, but I have had several family situations to deal with since arriving home, so here is a condensed version: you get to touch a shark (baby), a magellanic penguin, see a rescued baby manatee up-close, behind the scenes at Terrors of the Deep, tour through nursery and rescue facility (we saw 2 turtles that Sea World had just rescued earlier that day!), and get up close and personal with Shamu! You can book these tours at information desk as soon as you enter the park. Each group is guided by a member of the education dept. and only contains a max. of 15-20 people. If you book 2 or all 3 for the same day, you get a dollar discount ($6.95) per person. The desk gives you a guide map with the time and location of your tour circled.

We also recommend eating at Bimini Bay restaurant. The food is good, and view is also nice - great restaurant! Make sure you see the Cirque show, as well as Shamu's Big Chill - both shows fill up fast, but are they awesome!

Have a wonderful time! Sea World is great because there is something for everyone - shows, animal interaction, tours, rides and shopping. Good luck!
Tiger:jester:

My son doesn't care for roller coasters or water rides and he loved Sea World! There's a lot of shows and exhibits and our day just flew by. It was hot but there's a lot of shade so we rarely felt uncomfortable.

Since we our DD has entered the world, we do Sea World. She is 2.5 now and loves to look at the animals. She loves the manatees. They are both of our favorites.

The nice thing about Sea Wold is that it is not a rushed day. You can really explore and take your time when you want to. We normally get to the shows a little early so that we get a seat in the shade. many of the viewing areas are somewhat air conditioned, so you can go into those attractions when the heat strts to get to you.

Since reading the posts here, I think I may take a tour. I am also a pguin fan. I am teaching the little one to recognize the different types. She knows Rock Hopper and Chinstrap (the are easy to tell apart from the others.

We are "Disney People", but there is something about Sea World that is special. I love thrill rides, but I would take Sea World over a visit to Universal anyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter