Help decide.. Sept, Early Dec, or Jan?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
We are DVC members and these months are the lowest point cost times for us to get the most use out of our points. As a teacher, I'm used to Christmas/ spring break crowd levels but we're having a baby and taking the year off so we can travel at any time of year. Can you give any insight on which month/ week you would book a trip out of these 3 options based on crowd levels, weather, special events, any specific weekends/ holidays to avoid etc?

September
  • Baby will be about 10 months old
  • Cheapest point time
  • I've heard very low crowds especially the first week of September but hot?
Early December 1-14
  • Baby will be about 12 months old
  • 2nd cheapest point time
  • Could do Christmas photos etc. and mild weather?
January
  • Baby will be about 13 months old
  • Cool weather

Early Dec is always my favorite (though I hear it has gotten busier since i last went). I'm doing Jan (all my thoughts were similar to yours). Sept would be last - I'm not a huge fan or the heat/humidity (but I've done it a few times).

We are DVC members and these months are the lowest point cost times for us to get the most use out of our points. As a teacher, I'm used to Christmas/ spring break crowd levels but we're having a baby and taking the year off so we can travel at any time of year. Can you give any insight on which month/ week you would book a trip out of these 3 options based on crowd levels, weather, special events, any specific weekends/ holidays to avoid etc?

September
  • Baby will be about 10 months old
  • Cheapest point time
  • I've heard very low crowds especially the first week of September but hot?
Early December 1-14
  • Baby will be about 12 months old
  • Could do Christmas photos etc. and mild weather?
January
  • Baby will be about 13 months old
  • Cool weather
September - hot, humid, hurricanes. It would be my last choice

January - shorter park hours make parks seem more crowded even though resorts are not. We went the first week in January a few years back and needed to wear our winter coats, hats and gloves.

December - the first two weeks are no longer "low crowds" but you've got the holiday decorations and lights. Great photo ops for you and your little one. Just plan to book as early as possible. It is THE most popular 2 weeks in DVC.

September is too hot for me. I like the Christmas decorations in December, but the crowds are huge. January has cooler weather and lighted crowds so it’s a win win

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter