Help! 1st trip in years, what has changed?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
I've been doing some research here, but have several questions. What has been removed/closed to make room for Harry Potter? What exactly will the Harry Potter area have in it, and when will it open?

Our trip is planned for 11 mos from now and I'm wondering what we should expect. What about the Macy's Parade and Grinchmas that took place this year? Anyone know if these events will take place early next December? I don't recall hearing about them before. Were they new this year?

We plan to stay onsite for 2 nights, either Thurs, Fri or Fri, Sat nights, and I'm wondering which would be best. (crowds vs special events on weekends?)

Thanks for any and all help and input I can get on this. I'm hoping to make our reservations soon. There will be 6 adults, and 5 children, ages 2 - 11. We will be going to US/IOA after 5 days at Disney. (Our 1st winter/Christmas trip.)

Thanks again!

I've been doing some research here, but have several questions. What has been removed/closed to make room for Harry Potter? What exactly will the Harry Potter area have in it, and when will it open?

Our trip is planned for 11 mos from now and I'm wondering what we should expect. What about the Macy's Parade and Grinchmas that took place this year? Anyone know if these events will take place early next December? I don't recall hearing about them before. Were they new this year?

We plan to stay onsite for 2 nights, either Thurs, Fri or Fri, Sat nights, and I'm wondering which would be best. (crowds vs special events on weekends?)

Thanks for any and all help and input I can get on this. I'm hoping to make our reservations soon. There will be 6 adults, and 5 children, ages 2 - 11. We will be going to US/IOA after 5 days at Disney. (Our 1st winter/Christmas trip.)

Thanks again!

Hi,I can answer some not all.Macy and Grinchmas is a yearly thing thats not going anywere..The Harry Potter question is a little harder.They are keeping a tight lip on this.It will not be open till 2010.Your choice of staying on-site is wise cause of the front of the line perk you get.So it will not matter if you do a weekday stay or weekend,only the pricing of the resorts are cheaper during the weekdays!!

Hope this helps,if I can think of anything else i'll add.There is alot of posters on this forum that will help you..:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter