Heck with the recession....I am so getting the new iPhone!

Anyone hear of any enhancements announced today for the iTouch? Read thru the keynote speech and nothing jumped out at me.....

This is what I told DH that I wanted for graduating from college. Our contract ends the 15th of this month w/Sprint, and I am going to get the 3GS 32gig. We are going to share minutes so hoping to have a monthly bill around $130.

I'm seriously considering going to at&t and either asking them for the new phone or a refund...I mean, I bought the 3G 2 weeks ago...that's so not fair!!!

I intend to call AT&T tomorrow as well. I bought this for my dh only 10 days ago and they said he had 30 days to try it out and see if he liked it. He does, but he'd like it a whole lot more for half the cost!

This is what I told DH that I wanted for graduating from college. Our contract ends the 15th of this month w/Sprint, and I am going to get the 3GS 32gig. We are going to share minutes so hoping to have a monthly bill around $130.

$130 a month would be tough with two phones. If you share 550 minutes you're at $70 right there (60 for the first phone and 10 to add the second line), plus $30 each for the two data plans (required) gets you to $130 already. If you text at all you'll want to add that feature for $5 for 200 texts. If you're heavy texters than it can run up to $20 a month to add that. And then figure another $15 or so for taxes.

So I'd figure on $150 a month minimum, and that only gets you 550 minutes combined (with unlimited data). Maybe you meant that you're just getting one phone and sharing it? If that's the case then you'll have no problem staying under $130.

When I checked into adding the 2nd iPhone to my account they said first I'd have to move up to a family plan (cheapest is $70 I think for 700 or so min). Then add the $30 data fee for each line and a text pack for each.

When I checked into adding the 2nd iPhone to my account they said first I'd have to move up to a family plan (cheapest is $70 I think for 700 or so min). Then add the $30 data fee for each line and a text pack for each.

The cheapest Family Plan per the website is $59.99 for 550 mins, and we only pay $30 for Unlimited Messaging for all 4 phones on our plan. So if you had 2 iPhones with 550 minutes ($59.99), plus 2 Data Plans ($60), and Messaging ($30), you'd pay around $149.99+tax. :thumbsup2

We have a family plan with four people on it (me, DH, MIL, and FIL). DH and I both have iPhone 3G's. We share 700 minutes($69.99 + $9.99x2=$89.97), DH and I both have the Unlimited Data Plan for iPhone ($30 each=$60), and we have Messaging Unlimited for Familes ($30). After taxes, our bill is right at $200.

The cheapest Family Plan per the website is $59.99 for 550 mins, and we only pay $30 for Unlimited Messaging for all 4 phones on our plan. So if you had 2 iPhones with 550 minutes ($59.99), plus 2 Data Plans ($60), and Messaging ($30), you'd pay around $149.99+tax. :thumbsup2

We have a family plan with four people on it (me, DH, MIL, and FIL). DH and I both have iPhone 3G's. We share 700 minutes($69.99 + $9.99x2=$89.97), DH and I both have the Unlimited Data Plan for iPhone ($30 each=$60), and we have Messaging Unlimited for Familes ($30). After taxes, our bill is right at $200.

I just checked again and the cheapest family plan for my zip code is $70 for 700 min. There is no option under family plans for any less minutes here.

as soon as our contract is up I think i will be getting the new phone (which isnt till oct) my other option im looking at is the sprint Palm pre.. but looking at everything the iphone does i think i know where the winnder is LMAO

I'd love to have the iphone, but we tried ATT a few years ago and the service was aweful! Dropped calls like crazy, and the phone didn't work in my house! Maybe it has improved....butI don't know if I want to take that chance.

We have had t-mobile who has OK service here, cant get calls inside certains stores or at my kids schools. T-mobile wants to put a cell tower in the center of our town to fix the problem, but we are fighting it because of the proximity to homes & school.

Verizon seems to be the best in my area, my t-mobile contract is up in Feb, so we may switch then.

The price plans are staying the same as with first 3G release?

I still have the first generation as well. There is no 3G service in my area, so I hope my old one holds on as long as possible with the plan that is cheaper.

I have the iPhone and pay $88 a month for the cheapest phone plan (450 min, free nights/weekends $40, data plan $30 and 200 texts $5, plus all the taxes $13).

The plans are pricey.....mostly because you have to get the $30 data plan. That went up from when we first signed up.

For the two of us on a family plan....

For 2100 minutes plus data for both and it will be $120 and then $30 each for data....and then *another* $20 a month if you want unlimited texting. I only use 200 or less texts so it will only be $5 a month for me.

So now I pay $168 a month, but it will go up over $200 a month with taxes....so, pricey.

Thanks for all the pricing info! I thought it was a little pricey for my taste. I'll stick with my plain phone and my iTouch for now!! Thanks for the scoop and have fun with those cool phones! You know I'll be jealous!

I'm in the situation where I get a corporate discount with AT&T. I also get one with Verizon but since AT&T has the iPhone, well...that corporate discount makes the data plan much easier to swallow. :thumbsup2

I went back to the Corporate store where I bought the iphone for my dh 11 days ago and they credited my account $100 since I bought the phone for $199. Just FYI for the others that bought less than 30 days before the price dropped.

So I guess I'm not following the upgrade info...

First, is there anywhere to find out if I'm eligible for upgrade besides calling?

Second, do I have to change the plan? I'd buy the phone but would like to keep the plan I'm on exactly as it is.

Third, someone asked for a link to be posted, and I'd like to respectfully request it again. :)

Jenny

I would so love to get an iPhone! But we get a corporate discount of 26% through my former employer, and that's really hard to give up. We checked, and DH's company does offer an AT&T discount, but it's only around 15%.

I am, however, going to get an iTouch. My purse was stolen this weekend and my older MP3 player was in there, so I'm going to replace it with an iTouch. I'm learning that there are two different kinds out there - first generation and second generation. Anyone know the difference in the two (other than price)?

Third, someone asked for a link to be posted, and I'd like to respectfully request it again. :)

Jenny

I think this might be it: http://www.apple.com/iphone/

There's a link kind of below the picture of the phone that says "Watch guided tour".

I could be wrong, so if I am hopefully someone else can provide the correct link.

Has anyone gotten the new iphone yet? And do you recommend it?

Thanks!

Yes....we got ours on the day that they were launched. We had the original 8 Gg phones and so now we're up to the 32 Gb....which is a nice jump in memory. Much, much faster loading apps and also surfing the net. Love the voice control as well....and the battery life is much improved.

The camera is better and the video camera is very cool with the ability to edit the clip right on the phone. I use the headphones for my "head-set" and like that there's a volume control on that so I don't need to fish in my pocket to turn the volume up and down on the phone.

Loved the first iPhone, love this one even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter