Heck with the recession....I am so getting the new iPhone!

dvcgirl

DIS Veteran
Oh man, just watched the 15 minute "video tour" of the new Apple iPhone 3GS....and I'm so getting it! I have the original phone and skipped the last version since it had a rough start and AT&T didn't have their act together with the 3G network yet.

But I'm getting this one! Finally it has voice control. A much better camera and a video camera too! Much faster. I won't pass this one up....

The prices for the new phone

iPhone 3GS 16 gig is $199

iPhone 3GS 32 gig is $299

The old iphone 3g is now $99....and that price is in effect immediately.

Release for the new phone is June 19th.

I've been saving in anticipation of this. So no guilt on my part when I plunk down my hard-saved cash for this beauty next month. :thumbsup2

Upgrade date for us is 11/29/09 - grrrrrrrrrr...

Upgrade date for us is 11/29/09 - grrrrrrrrrr...

Is that because you paid a subsidized price for your iPhone?

We paid $599 for our phones in July of 07'....then got some money back from Apple because they dropped the price right after that. But we shouldn't have any issues renewing as our phones weren't subsidized.

Is the phone out yet? Is it also through AT&T? My plan in up in July with Verizon but I really want an iPhone so my bday present is going to be the new phone. Where did you see the video? Can you post the link please?

TIA

So, how much would this puppy run me a month? That's the part that scares me. I'm on T-Mobile now, so I'd have to switch to AT&T. I have no clue how much iPhone service costs ('cuz I'd want unlimited internet, of course). Any clue what the bill might be?

So, how much would this puppy run me a month? That's the part that scares me. I'm on T-Mobile now, so I'd have to switch to AT&T. I have no clue how much iPhone service costs ('cuz I'd want unlimited internet, of course). Any clue what the bill might be?

That's the kicker for me too. A friend of mine got hers when the iPhone first came out and I think she pays something like $79/month for her plan. I pay about $40/yr for my prepaid phone right now, so that's quite a jump for me.

I've been waiting for the new iphone since our plan was up in Feb. and as long as dvcgirl is advocating....we're big fans of your posts and I love this post-thanks!!

I've been waiting for the new iphone since our plan was up in Feb. and as long as dvcgirl is advocating....we're big fans of your posts and I love this post-thanks!!

lol! Well, thanks for the kind words. But I should also say....anyone getting the iPhone needs to be able to *afford* the iPhone, and more importantly afford the rather expensive monthly voice and data plan. It really is a splurge and the monthly bill is high.

One way that I justify having it is that I use my iPhone as my business line, and so I cut out that extra expense. And I am able to write off the cost of the phone and the monthly bill as a result. So that makes it a little easier to swallow.

Okay, now I feel like I've said what I normally say around here....so I've done my part to keep people from overspending ;). We've been waiting for this one and so we're excited to get it! I never was one to be into technology and gadgets....that's my DH. But then he talked me into getting the iPhone a couple of summers ago and I can say that it really has made me so much more efficient. I just love the stupid thing!

I have the iPhone and pay $88 a month for the cheapest phone plan (450 min, free nights/weekends $40, data plan $30 and 200 texts $5, plus all the taxes $13).

The plans are pricey.....mostly because you have to get the $30 data plan. That went up from when we first signed up.

For the two of us on a family plan....

For 2100 minutes plus data for both and it will be $120 and then $30 each for data....and then *another* $20 a month if you want unlimited texting. I only use 200 or less texts so it will only be $5 a month for me.

So now I pay $168 a month, but it will go up over $200 a month with taxes....so, pricey.

It figures there's a new IPhone coming out...when I just bought mine 2 weeks ago. :mad:

My friend bought an iphone and paid cash for it. He then called at&t and told him he had a different type of phone (some other smart phone). His data plan, with unlimited usage, is $15 cheaper a month for the same plan, than if they knew he had an iphone. I don't understand how the phone companies can get away with that, to charge more for the same plan, just because it's an iphone.

I have the original iphone and thought I would try the blackberry and they gave me 30 days to test it out. I switched back to my iphone and got all of my money back for the blackberry.You could return the iphone you just got (because you're within the 30 days) and then get the new one in two weeks.

I am getting the $99 one soon. My DH has one already. I have to wait for my contract to end with Verizon in August. I cannot wait!

Oh man, just watched the 15 minute "video tour" of the new Apple iPhone 3GS....and I'm so getting it! I have the original phone and skipped the last version since it had a rough start and AT&T didn't have their act together with the 3G network yet.

But I'm getting this one! Finally it has voice control. A much better camera and a video camera too! Much faster. I won't pass this one up....

The prices for the new phone

iPhone 3GS 16 gig is $199

iPhone 3GS 32 gig is $299

The old iphone 3g is now $99....and that price is in effect immediately.

Release for the new phone is June 19th.

These prices only apply if you are not a current ipone att customer.

Actually those prices apply as long as you are signing a new contract and are up for an upgrade. I just got off the phone with apple and I have the original iphone and I'm eligible for the 199 and 299 prices. Also, if you work for a company that has discount codes you can use them for your plans. The hospital I work at saves me 24% a month off my bill :goodvibes but I wasn't able to use the discount with the original iphone. I can't wait to upgrade! I will actually save money on my monthly plan!

They dropped the price on the iPhone 3G to $99. Maybe you can get a refund for the difference?

I'm seriously considering going to at&t and either asking them for the new phone or a refund...I mean, I bought the 3G 2 weeks ago...that's so not fair!!!

Actually those prices apply as long as you are signing a new contract and are up for an upgrade. I just got off the phone with apple and I have the original iphone and I'm eligible for the 199 and 299 prices. Also, if you work for a company that has discount codes you can use them for your plans. The hospital I work at saves me 24% a month off my bill :goodvibes but I wasn't able to use the discount with the original iphone. I can't wait to upgrade! I will actually save money on my monthly plan!

Yes, that's right....as long as you're eligible for an upgrade the prices I quoted apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter