• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heard Pop Cent is Bad is that true?

Scrappy Tink

Mouseketeer
Hi I have heard and read from past threads that pop century is the worst out of the all stars now alot of the threads are from past years so I am not sure what to believe our AAA agent said no body has ever complained to him and he sends everyone there b/c it is the newest of the all stars. So just wondering . DS might want to stay at ASmusic since he plays piano and loves music. Just wondering if anyone has any recent comments on POP cent.
Thanks

We loved our stay at Pop, and we were going to stay there this summer until I decided to change our ressie to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have read more positives about Pop than negatives. Head over to the resorts board to find more information on Pop!

We loved the Pop! We stayed there for thr first time last year, and we will be staying there again in 27 days. You do not share busses with the other resorts, so it's a quick trip to the parks and back. It is the newest of the value resorts. We do not spend a lot of time in our room so it works out perfect for us. Great food court! Great gift shop! Nice heated pools! Great staff!! It's not the Grand Floridian but it's worth the price!!!

I think you will get some solid information on Pop here on resorts Board.:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

We stayed at POP and loved it our first year there, we thought the theming was outstanding, the kids loved it. The transportation was great too. We loved the food court as well. It is the best of the value resorts. It is spread out though so I would request the 50's or 70's section, if you were in 80's or especially 90's it would be quite a hike.
Lesley

We just got back on the 12th of February and had a fantastic time at Pop Century. We were in building 1, bottom floor. The room was clean, safe, and just fine for us. It was small, but I think they are the same size as all the other value resorts. There were only a few lines for the buses, but if you tried to go during peak times, like a half hour before park opening or right at closing, you WILL meet lines. No matter what resort you are staying at.

pop is great for the value. been there 3 x in the last year and a half. best building 50's lake view...can see epcot fireworks from there. also food court is good alot of variety. pools are great...has a kiddie wading pool for the young ones..... has all own busses dosent share with other values.

oct 07
sept 06
april 06

We loved the Pop! Great Pools, we loved the theme it was very clean. Pop is actually the most popular of the values from what I read on the disboards, but it depends on the type of theming you are more interested in. Linda :)

We stayed at both the Pop Century and All Star Sports in 2005. The pop century was my favorite of the two. It was cleaner, the food court seemed to provide more options and again ( seemed cleaner). The theme at Pop Century was more fun in my opinion ( the giant statues of Mr. Potatoe Head, Playdoh, Lady, Jungle book etc. )

Rooms were clean, pool was nice.......

I'd strongly recommend Pop century as the best value resort.

I love Pop, it's my favourite value resort.

Just remember to take reviews with a grain of salt: most (not all) people will gladly submit a review of their negative experiences, rather than their positive ones. It's like the saying that as [parents, teachers, bosses, etc], we often criticize but rarely praise.

You name a resort, restaurant, attraction, show, activity or presentation at WDW ... and you can find posts from people that hated it .. or loved it.. or just thought it was 'ok'.

True story!

For me.. I like Pop.. it's my favorite of the values edging out All Star Movies if for no other reason because of the bus sharing during non-peak periods in the day.

I also just enjoy the theming of Pop better.

That's me. Others might disagree.

Knox

We've stayed at Sports and Pop. Honestly, the only difference I could tell was in the theming and the fact that Pop was newer (Sports was a little banged up looking when we were there (elevators, etc), but it has since been refurbished). Take a glance at the maps and you can tell that they were designed almost exactly the same way as each other. Among the values, my advice would be to pick the resort whose theming appeals most to you, or the one in the best location for you, and go with it.

WE stayed there, 3/06 and loved it. Theming is great and has a variety can that can appeal to all ages

I'm another Pop fan here. Pop is in a different county than the All Stars so the resort tax is 12.5% instead of 13% at the All Stars. Pop also has Frozen Coke as part of the refillable mug.

I liked ASMovies when I stayed there and am staying at ASMusic this August. I think most of the negatives you hear about Pop are negatives about the values in general.

ASMusic was recently remodeled so that would be a good choice too.

Hi I have heard and read from past threads that pop century is the worst out of the all stars now alot of the threads are from past years so I am not sure what to believe our AAA agent said no body has ever complained to him and he sends everyone there b/c it is the newest of the all stars. So just wondering . DS might want to stay at ASmusic since he plays piano and loves music. Just wondering if anyone has any recent comments on POP cent.
Thanks

I just want to be sure that you understand that the POP is not part of the Allstar Resorts, since you say "pop century is the worst out of the allstars)
There are 3 Allstar Resorts, Sports, Music, and Movies. The Allstar Music was refurbished last year, the Allstar Sports is being refurbished now. The POP Century is its own resort.
I actually liked the Allstar Music over the POP Century. I just liked the themeing better. The Foodcourt at the POP was a bit better though, it seemed as though there were more choices.

Pop Century is the newest and doesn't share buses. I'd say it's the best of the value resorts.

OK-I'm gonna be a "NO" vote here for Pop Century. Prior to September, 2007, I would have been the first one to go there, but our vacation there was very "unmagical" - so much so that we won't be back. Yes, Pop is the newest of the values, but since the AllStar resorts have been refurbished they are fantastic looking & really alot better than POP which is beginning to show it's wear and tear.

Our trip in September was during free dining so the resort was absolutely packed to the rafters, but that shouldn't excuse the guests that were vacationing there from acting the way alot of them did. There were tons of unruley, unsupervised kids running up & down the halls of our building - after 10pm for over an hour (we were in the 60's), also guests who were too lazy to use their key card so they flipped their lock out so that the door continued to slam on that lock for over an hour late at night while we were trying to go to sleep - we paid for a preferred room, but our room was so far away from everything in the 60's building that it was a hike. Also, we had a view of absolutely nothing on the back side of the building. Not exactly what I paid the $$ for. The food court was mobbed everytime we went in there & you actually had to be a table "vulture" to get a seat to eat. We brought our food back to the room to eat. The bus situation was always quite a wait because of the size of the resort and the number of guests staying there. An email to Disney following our vacation brought a great phone call from a WDW CSR with reparation for the many incidents there.

That being said we decided to opt in January for a much quieter, nicer resort & stayed at ASMu. What a relief - what a fantastic resort!!! We only shared a bus 1x - they were certainly alot quicker to come for us than POP's busses were. The food court was great - no waiting & the shop had exactly what we needed. Check-in was a breeze & our "standard" room was 100% closer to the food court & pool than our preferred room had been @ POP. The constant activities for the kids staying there were amazing. Our room was one of the refurbished ones with the curtain between the sink area & the rest of the room and that made such a nice difference during our stay.

So now we're choosing ASMu over POP for a much more "magical" and quieter time! JMHO.......................:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter