HEA Viewing options

not standing behind one of them??? I don't really get this question. There's shrubs, trees, people, light posts, new lights that shine on the tree posts, a statue of walt... You stand where you can and try to not have something in your way.. it's a maze of obstructions in the hub and if you go far enough forward so there isn't any, then you have the castle blocking your view of the fireworks.

Yup.
BTW, my latest version of the fireworks map (in Post #31 above) upwardly revises the "green" areas to include more of the central hub.

Yup.
BTW, my latest version of the fireworks map (in Post #31 above) upwardly revises the "green" areas to include more of the central hub.

that's pretty close, I actually need to get out and take a look at the sides of the castle which I plan to do the next few nights (not tonight though).. The plaza viewing locations I find 50/50 just because of how small some animations are. I would say the area where your offset and can see the door of the castle well is the better spots in them to be.. I noticed in the disunplugs excellent video they were missing a lot of characters because they only appeared in the door which was blocked by the partner statue..

walking around the other day it appears they did some tree pruning which might have opened them up for a larger area.

Just dont want to pay money to have someone in the plaza area block the view - with that said, we may just get to the other spot by Casey's early and relax. Any recommendations on how early to get there to be more in the front? :)

We got to the garden around 8:00 PM on Wednesday May 24th and got a spot for three along the back railing. There was already around 40ish people sitting on blankets, ponchos etc. holding their spots, so if you want first choice or closer to the front I would get there before 8:00 PM.

We found the back rail to be a really good spot. Everyone moved closer to the front so we had a lot of space in front of us and didn't have anyone directly blocking our view. Plus, if you do need a little extra height you can sit on the rail (safely, of course :-))

We got to the garden around 8:00 PM on Wednesday May 24th and got a spot for three along the back railing. There was already around 40ish people sitting on blankets, ponchos etc. holding their spots, so if you want first choice or closer to the front I would get there before 8:00 PM.

We found the back rail to be a really good spot. Everyone moved closer to the front so we had a lot of space in front of us and didn't have anyone directly blocking our view. Plus, if you do need a little extra height you can sit on the rail (safely, of course :-))

Was this for 9:00 HEA?

I saw someone posted a problem when they were in the reserved area someone tall stood in front of them and was also by loud disruptive people - with the terrace that won't be an issue with the plaza view it may be. I would take my chances and try and find a spot than spend money on a dessert party and have the same aggravation or block you and have no control over that?

I think this was probably me you are referring to, but I was not in a reserved area - I was just on the other side of the hub grass in the free for all section. That is why I'm debating about dropping the money on the reserved area to try to avoid that chaos. :)

I'm debating about dropping the money on the reserved area to try to avoid that chaos. :)
I would not expect:
A. What happened to you to be a regular occurrence.
B. That buying the premium dessert party would necessarily avoid such a thing.

I think this was probably me you are referring to, but I was not in a reserved area - I was just on the other side of the hub grass in the free for all section. That is why I'm debating about dropping the money on the reserved area to try to avoid that chaos. :)

But you would still possibly have that chaos as the reserved section is identical to the free section.

I would not expect:
A. What happened to you to be a regular occurrence.
B. That buying the premium dessert party would necessarily avoid such a thing.

And therein lies the dilemma. Fingers crossed that I used up all those chaos points on my last trip and I'll get some pixie dust for the trip with the extended family that really counts. I go often enough that I know I'll see HEA again, but it will likely be some years before my nieces get to go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter