HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for those beautiful pictures, Circusgirl!!
We will finally be at the Grand in 1 month - their lobby at Christmas is simply spectacular - my all time favorite!
OK, breathing space over, back to my frantic Christmas prepping.;):goodvibes
Merry Christmas everyone!:santa:

Good morning, and merry Christmas Eve! :santa:

Circusgirl, your photos are amazing, and certainly brought a smile to my face...:goodvibes

Wow Circusgirl!!! I feel like the the scene at the end of Polar Express.... I've just received the first gift of Christmas!!!

I was also there in November and you captured the magic beautifully:)

Merry Christmas to all!

Been so crazy busy (like everyone else, I'm sure) and haven't had time to catch up on the thread or even the boards for that matter.

Circusgirl: Thanks for sharing your pictures...they came out great.

Once Christmas is over, I'll be back in "planning mode" :rotfl2:

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Good Morning fellow GF fans...:surfweb:

Wanted to pop in and wish you all a very ~MERRY CHRISTMAS~

And what a way to start the day..Circusgirl Beautiful pics! :goodvibes Thanks for sharing them! Also wanted to say how especially nice of you to reach out to a fellow GF fan in a time of need!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

On a note about the monorail maintenance...we recieved a general letter yesterday from the GM of the GF..it confirmed the dates and times of the monorail operating schedule..which is what we read here...that it would be down weekdays from 11:30 am to 7pm beginnning January 21st for the MK resort and express monorails ... It also said that there will be bus service available to the TTC to access the Epcot monorail....I am sure that many people arriving during the maintenance have or will be getting this letter soon... I was happy tho have the info confirmed..and for the additional transportation info as well...

Trisha I see from your ticker that you are in the single digits!! :yay:

PrincessMocha Hope that you are having a wonderful trip!! Simply GRAND!! :goodvibes

I skimmed and see there are resort changer gals making summer celebration plans!! :dance3: and lots of GF trips coming up...:thumbsup2 Safe travels to all...

MickeyNut, k&a&c'smom, grannyminnie, MommyGina, bethclayton, CandyOrlando and the rest of my fellow GF fans...wishing you all the blessing of JOY this holiday season...

Thanks about DS.:hug: He is here at home now and seems to be doing very well.:thumbsup2 Can't wait for DD and DS2/fiance to get here, but I have a couple days to get everything ready.

How did your baking go, or are you still in the thick of it?! I have more cookies to bake, but will wait until Christmas Eve, when the other kids will start to arrive. DH, DS1 and I have been eating far too many of those I froze last month, lol.

Glad your DS is recovering well :flower3:. I hope you have a fun-filled holiday with everybody home :santa:.

I finally got my baking done, but didn't do as much as I've done in past years. I love to bake, but the older I get, the slower I go and the less I want to do :laughing:. LOL on eating most of what you already baked and froze.....but that's what the holidays are all about :goodvibes.

Since I'm going to be traveling for work over the next couple of days (we are divesting of a subsidiary) I wanted to make sure I wished all of my GF friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best regards,

Tom

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well :santa:. Safe travels as you travel over the next few days.

I still haven't 100% perfected posting pics :lmao: I am trying to keep an open mind that despite the construction the Poly will be fab! I'd love to do a GF stay...7 months is a long time for a resort changer to think:laughing: Kook is at WL now, so that is always on the radar :duck: I just can't get the Grand off my mind :worship:

I can post pics, but since I don't do it very often, I always have to have one of my DSs refresh my memory on how to do it :rolleyes1 :laughing:.

I totally understand about the Poly. We are considering a short trip at the end of May/beginning of June and while I told myself the Poly was out due to the pool closure, I can't help but think of how much we just love everything about that resort :love:......but the pool is one of the many things we love, so it would be hard to stay there with that closed....especially since it would probably be a resort only trip with no parks.

To all of the wonderful people on the GF thread

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

And a happy New Year!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours :santa:.

I had a wonderful first stay at the Grand in November, and very much appreciate all the information, advice and enthusiasm to be found here! I want to share some pictures of the Christmas Grand to celebrate with all of you.

Glad you had a nice trip to the Grand. Thanks for sharing all of your awesome pics.....I love the Grand during the holidays :goodvibes.

The Tree -

I was there when they did the magical overnight transformation of the resort for Christmas, and I stayed up until 3 am watching it happen. There were hardier souls than me who were there until 6 am, which is when the installers of magic were finally finishing up. It was a fun new experience.

That would be so neat to watch ::yes::. I would be one to stay up and watch too.....that's not something you see everyday.

We will finally be at the Grand in 1 month - their lobby at Christmas is simply spectacular - my all time favorite!

It won't be long before you're checking into the GF :dance3:.

Good morning, and merry Christmas Eve! :santa:

Right back 'atcha :goodvibes. I hope you were able to get some baking done.

I'm not sure I'll make it back here tomorrow, so I want to wish all of my GF friends a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :santa: :santa: :santa:

Been so crazy busy (like everyone else, I'm sure) and haven't had time to catch up on the thread or even the boards for that matter.

Circusgirl: Thanks for sharing your pictures...they came out great.

Once Christmas is over, I'll be back in "planning mode" :rotfl2:

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours :santa:.

MickeyNut, k&a&c'smom, grannyminnie, MommyGina, bethclayton, CandyOrlando and the rest of my fellow GF fans...wishing you all the blessing of JOY this holiday season...

Hi Blue :wave2:....you posted as I was writing my novel :rotfl::rotfl:.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic holiday and a Happy New Year :santa:.

Merry Christmas!
I skimmed and see there are resort changer gals making summer celebration plans!!
:thumbsup2 :wave:

I totally understand about the Poly. We are considering a short trip at the end of May/beginning of June and while I told myself the Poly was out due to the pool closure, I can't help but think of how much we just love everything about that resort :love:......but the pool is one of the many things we love, so it would be hard to stay there with that closed....especially since it would probably be a resort only trip with no parks.
My TA put it is great perspective (my poor poor TA :lmao:) I get the big Poly rooms and CL, but I can enjoy my favorite amenities at GF the pools:beach: For a little less I can have non-CL at GF, but IPO so far is doing a pretty good job making me feel like a VIP :goodvibes It's tough too as DH doesn't love GF like I do...so in a way this will keep everyone happy :flower3:

circusgirl:worship:

I have been following this thread for months and want to thank everyone for the information and wonderful pictures.

Merry Christmas, two days until we are on the plane and first stay at GFV:cool1:

circusgirl, i posted my earlier post too soon, before you were finished posting those pics. they are all amazing! i keep going back to look at them. they are like an early christmas present. :cloud9:

i just wanted to say merry christmas to all of my wonderful GF friends! i hope you all have a wonderful day (or two days, for those of us who make a big deal out of christmas eve, too, like we do at my house). i am thankful for all of you. :goodvibes

Inspired by our recent stay and "Twas The Night Before Christmas," we offer the following:

Twas the day before Christmas and all through the Grand
All the guests had assembled from many a land

To gaze at the tree and the gingerbread house
It was pure Disney magic in the land of the mouse

Fine wreaths and garland were hung from the walls
Which helped us forget those packed shopping malls

As Santa approached on his gift-laden sleigh
Some guests had relaxed at the GF's Cafe

There were others who sat in plush lobby chairs
While a young bride and groom posed near the stairs

But for all who attended, it was a such a Grand sight
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
:santa:

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all my GF friends.:santa: I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, full of family and joy.

Circusgirl, what beautiful photos, thank you for posting!:lovestruc I've posted links of your posts on the first page, in the Main Building & Lobby post, so everyone can see them.

I still haven't 100% perfected posting pics :lmao: I am trying to keep an open mind that despite the construction the Poly will be fab! I'd love to do a GF stay...7 months is a long time for a resort changer to think:laughing: Kook is at WL now, so that is always on the radar :duck: I just can't get the Grand off my mind :worship:

You know I've thought abou being crowded (as the 7 of us are invading from the Poly). A lot may depend on if both pools are affected...which wouldn't be wise in August, but there is going to be a lot of work going on:confused:

ETA:Perhaps I may have emailed my TA about a switch :rolleyes1 I would lose my Lagoon View CL at the Poly...but I get to celebrate my birthday at the Grand..I am sure 2 GV rooms will suit me just fine :goodvibes

LOL about emailing your TA - just what I would expect.:laughing: Who knows about the pools, may not be all that crowded. It's always so hard to judge. I'm sure you are going to have a great time at the Poly, the grounds there are gorgeous!

Glad your DS is recovering well :flower3:. I hope you have a fun-filled holiday with everybody home :santa:.

I finally got my baking done, but didn't do as much as I've done in past years. I love to bake, but the older I get, the slower I go and the less I want to do :laughing:. LOL on eating most of what you already baked and froze.....but that's what the holidays are all about :goodvibes.

LOL - you said a mouthful, I go slower and get less done now, too.;)

Merry Christmas and A Happy, healthy New Year Everyone!!!!
Couldn't make it to the Grand this year, but we just booked a trip for next year in a grand Villa so excited our new home away from home!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your enthusiasm for my photos! I loved that they felt like a Christmas present. :goodvibes

Here are a few more of the lobby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter