Haven't read WISH in a few weeks! Embarassed....can't even come here!

panfan

DIS Veteran
I have been doing SO...............BAD! I can't even bring myself to read others' posts! I need to get myself back in control ! How is it possible to be so "into it" and feeling enthusiastic and in control one week and then let it all go to s**t the next ?? I need some encouragement and help!:confused:

Hi panfan!

Nice to see you posting with us again. Did you know there is a wonderfully supportive accountability thread? I admit I haven't been there in a few days but there are quite a few WISHers who have become reactivated by the encouraging posts on that thread.

Permanent weight loss is truly a journey - a lifelong one - it's something that we have to commit ourselves too and when we find that we have fallen off the wagon or jumped off as the case may be, we can't few it as a total defeat because the truth is we will never get to the finish line. Whatever way of eating and exercising that you have chosen, you have to view it as a lifelong project, not just something to use as a means to an end.

I know you can get back in the swing of things. I know you have it in you to reach your goal and then maintain your loss. We all experience bumps in the road of one sort or another. Don't forget, there is no shame in falling down, the defeat comes from not getting back up (no matter how many times it takes!).

So start posting again and start reading the encouraging threads again for motivation.

Welcome back and don't be embarrassed...have you noticed how long I've had the same clippie???? I've been on and off too...but thanks to my fellow wishers, I keep on working at it...Join up on the October exercise challenge and see how many minutes you can log. I didn't do well in August, as I was away the first two weeks, I would have made it in September, but I caught a bad head cold this past week and getting my butt into work every morning was enough...so I will try again in October since I'm trying to lose 10 pounds in the Thanksgiving challenge. Even those here who seem to stay on program all the time (not me) still struggle with motivation from time to time. It's much easier to do nothing than do something. Working at getting healthy is hard work and we already have alot of stuff going on in our lives already. But we need to find a few minutes each day to take care of ourselves...it is so important!

Wishing you the best!:sunny: :wave:

Originally posted by panfan
How is it possible to be so "into it" and feeling enthusiastic and in control one week and then let it all go to s**t the next ??

I can so relate. :o I started the Thanksgiving challenge with so much enthusiasm and then I let life get in the way. I tend to go off program when I am stressed. If I could just get myself to understand that when I eat right and exercise I feel less stressed. So many things in my life are out of my control right now, I need to focus my energy on the things I can control - including what I put in my mouth and how often I get off my butt. Good luck to both of us!!!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter