Have You Used a Roll Away Beds in Lowe's Royal Pacific or Portofino?

mlggator22

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are now thinking of upgrading to Lowe's Royal Pacific or Portofino. We have 5 adults in the room and will need a roll away bed. Has anyone on here used a roll away at any of these resorts? How well do the roll aways fit? This will help us make the decision between these two hotels or staying at Cabana Bay and buying express passes (comes out as just a little bit more to go this route).

About 7 years ago, I used one at PFB in a queen bay view room. There was plenty of room for it and it was a decent mattress for a rollaway. Assuming they have refreshed the mattresses as needed it's way better than an air mattress. I am sure someone will have more recent experience. I am actually checking into PFB later today and requested a rollaway, but will not be able to report back because I no longer need it. They are currently $35 per night.

I used a rollaway bed at Hard Rock in their standard room .
The rollaway is very heavy and is designed to move easily as if it is one of those Dollie’s that you would use on a UHaul moving truck.
I pushed it in the corner and had plenty of room for the small table next for cellphone and beverage …the bed is comfortable but is waterproof ,kinda crinkly noise at first but then it was fine.
(I love the Cabana Family Suites too.

Thanks for posting the $35 nightlyfee for rollaway .
Do they add an extra fee for more than 4 guests in room too?

The standard room at RPR is very small. There is probably room to fit a roll away next to the wall by the window but it would be inches, if even that, from the other bed. I think 5 adults in that room would be very, very tight.
I personally did not like it for our family of four and our kids are <10.

I was wondering why everyone keeps saying it's only $35 for a rollaway because it costs more than that to book a group of 5- I feel like it's fair to bring up that if you put more than two adults in a room while you're searching for a room, they charge you $40 per additional adult in the room cost, in addition to the cost of that $35 roll away.

I feel like it's fair to bring up that if you put more than two adults in a room while you're searching for a room, they charge you $40 per additional adult in the room cost, in addition to the cost of that $35 roll away.

It`s actually $45 per extra adult over the first two adults in the rooms at RP/HR/PB, $25 at Sapphire, $20 for Aventura & CBay.

The info is in the stickies and on the websites, so it`s not hidden in anyway.

Some folks do miss this though, which is why macraven and I decided to put this info in red lettering in a larger font size in the stickies. But, some still miss it.

It`s actually $45 per extra adult over the first two adults in the rooms at RP/HR/PB, $25 at Sapphire, $20 for Aventura & CBay.

The info is in the stickies and on the websites, so it`s not hidden in anyway.

Some folks do miss this though, which is why macraven and I decided to put this info in red lettering in a larger font size in the stickies. But, some still miss it.
I thought the website told me it was $40 but I had noticed it comes out to $45 by the time they had the taxes.

I thought the website told me it was $40 but I had noticed it comes out to $45 by the time they had the taxes.

Extra Person Charge

• An additional charge of $45 per extra adult applies for more than 2 adult guests per room.
From the website.

The info is there though.

Extra Person Charge

• An additional charge of $45 per extra adult applies for more than 2 adult guests per room.
From the website.

The info is there though.
Ok.
I'm. Not doubting it's there, I saw it right away. Someone up thread asked if there was a fee and I was responding.

Ok.
I'm. Not doubting it's there, I saw it right away. Someone up thread asked if there was a fee and I was responding.

No worries, just glad anyone reading has the correct information that has been added to the stickies from the website.

Have a great day :teeth:

We’re at royal pacific now in a standard room. I know they have roll always because we saw them in a storage room down the hall but there’s no way I could see it fitting in the room we’re in. Beds are comfy, hotel is nice but the rooms are small. Worth it for express passes but we’ve laughed all week about how tight the rooms are and it’s two adults and two teenage boys.

Thanks for the info everyone. I think we are going to book one night at Portofino to get the express pass. They have bigger rooms which sounds like it can support the roll away. Then we are going to move to Cabana Bay for the 2nd night. Hubby is going to go over first thing in the morning to check us in to Cabana Bay and then meet us in the park and we will leave all our stuff in the car.
It's going to be a pain, but $900+ a night is the most I have EVER spent on a room by far. I don't think we can justify two nights as much as I would want to just stay put.

Need More Help!!!

Okay, Here is where we stand on this now, and I am still so confused on which way to go. We are looking at Lowe's Portofino or Cabana Bay. I know, big difference.

Option 1 - Stay at Cabana Bay and purchase express passes (this actually comes to the same price as staying 2 nights at Portofino). Pros - Might fit 5 adults better, close to water park for Day 2 activities)
Option 2 - Stay at Portofino night 1 and switch early morning to Cabana Bay for night 2. (We have a car and can store luggage in car). Pros - Saves us $600. Cons - makes hard to go back to a room if we want a break from mid-day sun and pain to have to switch.
Option 3 - Stay at Portofino both nights - Same price as option 1 when express pass purchase added in. Pros - nice hotel that we love, cons - tight for 5 people and need a rollaway.

What should I do?! I am so torn and go back and forth over and over again on which option to go with. I would love more advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter