Have you kept any of your 2017 resolutions?

Yup. I have lost 15 pounds so far. I am shocked. Low carb really sucks, but I am trying to make it work.

And we have paid off 3/4 of our HELOC. (Paid off $20K so far)

And I purged some friends who were toxic. I didn't see them as toxic, but after some people pointed things out to me, I was done! It is liberating.

So, yes, some progress. I have a lot of weight left to lose, and we still have $6,500 left to pay off, and I still need to "get over" some of the hurt these "friends" put me through, but it is moving in a very positive direction. I feel like this year is the start to some really positive changes for me.

(I was a SAHM until last Aug when I went back to work after 11 years, which is also a very positive thing for me.)

I have still kept a resolution that I made in 2016.

My husband and I both have quick tempers and our fights can get loud. Once we let it all out we're fine. Not the best plan, but it works for us.

Anyway, my resolution was to not fight (bicker over stupid stuff would be more accurate) when my daughter is home. So, if she's here I just bite my tongue or leave the room to make sure I stick with it. So far, so good.

I don't really make resolutions because there's a tendency to quit altogether if you stumble. I figure as long as I keep moving forward then I'm succeeding. I did start a photo project and have taken a photo every single day since Dec. 28th. A 365 was not my intention but that seems to be where it's heading.

My husband and I both have quick tempers and our fights can get loud. Once we let it all out we're fine. Not the best plan, but it works for us.

Anyway, my resolution was to not fight (bicker over stupid stuff would be more accurate) when my daughter is home. So, if she's here I just bite my tongue or leave the room to make sure I stick with it. So far, so good.

Good because losing your mind in front of your children should not be an option when you are an adult. It really is scarring.

Good because losing your mind in front of your children should not be an option when you are an adult. It really is scarring.

It never got to the point of losing our minds. It was also never insulting or anything like that..like I said bickering over stupid stuff would be more accurate. Either way, I decided I didn't want my daughter around it.

Yup. I have lost 15 pounds so far. I am shocked. Low carb really sucks, but I am trying to make it work.

And we have paid off 3/4 of our HELOC. (Paid off $20K so far)

And I purged some friends who were toxic. I didn't see them as toxic, but after some people pointed things out to me, I was done! It is liberating.

So, yes, some progress. I have a lot of weight left to lose, and we still have $6,500 left to pay off, and I still need to "get over" some of the hurt these "friends" put me through, but it is moving in a very positive direction. I feel like this year is the start to some really positive changes for me.

(I was a SAHM until last Aug when I went back to work after 11 years, which is also a very positive thing for me.)
Dawn, that is very inspiring! Wow!!!

I don't really make resolutions because there's a tendency to quit altogether if you stumble. I figure as long as I keep moving forward then I'm succeeding. I did start a photo project and have taken a photo every single day since Dec. 28th. A 365 was not my intention but that seems to be where it's heading.
Wen, are you keeping your photos grouped together for the year? What type of photography do you like best?

Kimblebee, that's a great resolution to be keeping. I've been working on this, too, because my Irish temper has been my downfall. Thanks for sharing this. An entire year plus of keeping it, you're role modelling in a wonderful way.

Kept them all since my resolution was to not make any resolutions
I hear you on that!
I wanted to do something different this year.

My only resolution was to try a new skill each month so far have started yoga, taken a knitting class and joined a horticulture group.

My goal was to be healthier and I've been about 50-50 with healthier eating and consistent with walking out my FitBit steps almost every day.

Kimblebee, that's a great resolution to be keeping. I've been working on this, too, because my Irish temper has been my downfall. Thanks for sharing this. An entire year plus of keeping it, you're role modelling in a wonderful way.

Thank you :)

Sometimes it's reaaaaaally tempting to snark back but I just remember how long I've been doing it and it keeps me from breaking it.

Thank you :)

Sometimes it's reaaaaaally tempting to snark back but I just remember how long I've been doing it and it keeps me from breaking it.
Yes!!!
When I can close my mouth and wait ten seconds before snapping, I feel so much better ! It's been a great change and it's also nice to know that you specifically did this for your kids. My kids are adults now but my daughter definitely noticed - "Mom, you're so much more patient now."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter