Have You Ever Seen A Ghost/Experienced Anything Paranormal

I wish! I'm fascinated by ghosts and the paranormal.

Several years ago my dh, sister, and BIL and I were staying in a very old B&B in Salem, MA. There was THE worst thunderstorm that night. We had a two room suite. The next morning over breakfast we were all chatting and both dh and my sister said they heard what sounded like a small scream or sharp intake of breath. Both thought it came from the other room..... It didn't. I'm unbelievably bummed I did not witness this.

Last edited:
The house I grew up in was haunted by our cat, Shadow. She was hit by a car when I was in grade school. Our family saw her quite a number of times. I know of 2 occasions where someone outside the family saw her. I've had other weird experiences, most of which I can excuse away as a dream or a trick of the light. And the older I get, the less I believe in the supernatural. But Shadow...well...she was just there. A part of the family. Before and after death.

I wish! I'm fascinated by ghosts and the paranormal.

Several years ago my dh, sister, and BIL and I were staying in a very old B&B in Salem, MA. There was THE worst thunderstorm that night. We had a two room suite. The next morning over breakfast we were all chatting and both dh and my sister said they heard what sounded like a small scream or sharp intake of breath. Both thought it came from the other room..... It didn't. I'm unbelievably bummed I did not witness this.

Was it The Salem Inn? I had a freaky experience in a suite there on a girls weekend.

Anyway, on a separate note. ...This story is my grandmother's. It is from when her mother (my great grandmother) was dying. My grandmother says her, her sisters and a few other people were sitting in the kitchen at my great grandmother's house. They all say it got really cold all of a sudden. My grandmother and one other woman (her friend I think) were facing the doorway. My grandmother said her father, who had been dead for years, walked by just as it got cold. The other woman who was facing the doorway saw him too. My grandmother said she was glad there was a whiteness who saw him or she would not have believed her own eyes. Everyone else felt the cold air though. My great grandmother (wife on the man they saw) died that night. This story is a legend in my family. Everyone who was there that night swears it happened. My grandmother still talks about it sometimes. My grandmother says it was comforting that her father came for her mother.

After my parents moved out of their house, they let my other half and I rent it from them. When we decided to move out, we took one last walk through to say goodbye in a way to the house where I'd grown up. I swear I saw what looked like blood coming down the wall in my old bedroom. The only reason I mention this (rather than deciding I'm crazy as a loon) is because my other half saw it as well. This was pre cellphone days, so I didn't have a camera handy to take a photo.

But it was almost like the house didn't want us to go...

Omg that is so scary sounding!! I'd have been glad I was leaving that bedroom!

Yes, but I am sure there really is a logical explanation for it.

I usually think this way - then we had a crazy experience that no one, including electrical engineers, have been able to explain.

We were in an old (for New Zealand - we are a very young country, so 100 years old is old here) cottage on our honeymoon (2004). We were watching a video. We had fast forwarded it to get through the trailers, paused it when going to the loo or getting drinks or snacks, all of this with the remote. Got to the end of the video and needed to stop and rewind it to the start. Well, the remote stopped working. So, we opened the back to shake the batteries up a little as you do because that sometimes works to get a bit of charge out.

NO batteries.

There had been no batteries in the remote which we had used to fast forward, pause and play multiple times.

How does that work?????

Was it The Salem Inn? I had a freaky experience in a suite there on a girls weekend.

Anyway, on a separate note. ...This story is my grandmother's. It is from when her mother (my great grandmother) was dying. My grandmother says her, her sisters and a few other people were sitting in the kitchen at my great grandmother's house. They all say it got really cold all of a sudden. My grandmother and one other woman (her friend I think) were facing the doorway. My grandmother said her father, who had been dead for years, walked by just as it got cold. The other woman who was facing the doorway saw him too. My grandmother said she was glad there was a whiteness who saw him or she would not have believed her own eyes. Everyone else felt the cold air though. My great grandmother (wife on the man they saw) died that night. This story is a legend in my family. Everyone who was there that night swears it happened. My grandmother still talks about it sometimes. My grandmother says it was comforting that her father came for her mother.

It was The Salem Inn

I'd like to think so. We stayed in a very old hotel in Savannah, GA a few summers ago - it used to be an old factory with slaves and a handful of recorded deaths. Savannah has such a long history anyways. I was terrified in the room; it felt like we were being watched and that there was just a heavy force in the room. I did not sleep :laughing: The night before we left I went to the front desk and asked if there were any paranormal reportings at the hotel. The receptionist looked anxious and asked what room I was staying in... :scared: Apparently there were many sightings and accounts of activity in the hotel.

Only one other instance: when we were in high school DH lived in an old house in a very small town in North Florida.The house was very creepy - it was oddly shaped with bizarre rooms that seemed to have been added on as an after thought. There were scary noises frequently and the house sat next to an old cemetery that had graves from before the Civil War. No matter what they did, that house always had odd electrical issues. His siblings and I would all stay up late and talk/be teens and on many occasions we'd be totally freaked out by the lights, sudden chill in the room, weird noises, etc. Of course, we were goofy teenagers but that house always felt wrong. It was a gorgeous house with a lot of character and charm... but not at night.

Twice plus one experience. The first was when I was a kid. I was sleeping at my grandmother's house in the bed that my grandfather had passed away in. I woke up and saw a man standing at the foot of the bed. I assumed that it was my grandfather. The second time when I was working midnight's at a hospital. I was putting equipment together when I saw an apparition go by the open door of the room that I was in. I went out in the hallway and nothing was there. Neither of these bothered me as much as the experience that I had in Savannah, GA. We were eating lunch at the Moon River Brewing Company. I had to go and use the restroom and as soon as I walked into the bathroom I had this feeling that something evil was right behind me. The longer I stayed there, the worse this feeling became. It was really unnerving. Later, I found out that this building is one of the most haunted buildings in a very haunted city. If you're interested in the paranormal, google "haunted Savannah" or "haunted Moon River Brewery" and you'll find a ton of stories. Better yet, take a vacation to Savannah - it's a beautiful city ............. with a lot of ghosts!

I have had several encounters.

My mom's house has a ghost of an older woman. I saw her several times going up the stairs towards the back room. We found out later that the owner of the house before we moved in was a woman in her 80's and she died in the back room. My SIL refuses to stay in that room because an icy hand touched her ankle while she was sleeping.

My house has had a few odd occurrences. Channels changing for no reason, things being moved to different spots, but my kids saw a figure. They were in the basement and saw someone come down the steps and head into the laundry room. That doorway was the only way in and when they went to see who it was there was nobody there. They still talk about it.

I was in the mood for a cheese Danish and headed to a local bakery a couple of years after my grandmother died. My grandparents owned a bakery when I was growing up. I had a Tasmanian Devil hanging from my rear view mirror but the batteries in it had died months ago and corroded the terminals. It would make all kinds of noises and shake before that. As I pulled into a parking space Taz went crazy, noise and shaking so hard it fell. I sat there stunned for a minute and then said "Mama I would go to your bakery but it's gone. You are gone and I miss you." Like that Taz stopped and never worked again. I have absolutely no doubt it was my grandmother. For some reason she liked to haunt me.

When I was in Scotland this past summer I swear I could feel spirits all around me. The weirdest encounter happened when my kids were little. We were driving home from a sports event and it was still fairly light out. All of a sudden I slammed on my brakes and got out of my car. My kids all looked at me like I was insane. I kept asking them where the man went? I swore someone had run in front of my car but no one was there. We were also right by a small cemetery and this road had several fatal accidents along it. I know I saw a ghost run by me but it was so real that I was shaking. I have seen shadows since then but now I am so used to it that I don't get spooked any more.

My mom passed away unexpectedly at age 63 almost 8 years ago (on Mother's Day.) On the first birthday that I had following her passing, I was really depressed (not clinically, just sad) because I wouldn't be getting an "old school" birthday card in the mail from her or her usual phone call singing me Happy Birthday. I was making our bed that morning, under which I keep our keepsake boxes (special papers, pictures the kids drew for us, etc.,) and noticed a scrap of something sticking out from under the bed. It was an old birthday card my mom had sent me years ago. I know it was her way of telling me happy birthday. Gave me goosebumps for sure!

I've been home alone and been touched (x3) on the arm, on the shoulder and on my knee. Definitely was a warm, comforting touch that was from a parent or grandparent, was the feeling.

and also at a friends' house, when there alone, had things move in response to me talking out loud, for example:
  • Walked into their garage, which had a huge wall full of tool chests, said "how am I going to find that tool?" And across the garage one drawer on one tool chest slid open, walked over to look inside and there was that particular tool.

We have several stories on my mom's side of the family with people dying. My aunt (mom's sister not the one I mentioned earlier) was dying of colon cancer. A day or two before she died, she got so excited because she saw her mother, her sister in law, and her niece (one of my other cousins) who had died previously. She talked to them a bit. No one else saw them. She turned to her daughter and said, "They came to tell me everything will be ok and we will be together. I can't wait to go with them."

I had another cousin die young and he saw relatives who had passed away before as well. He said they were there to take him where he needed to go. that is all I will say without getting religious.

Last edited:
I started this thread thinking it would get weird and creepy, but most of these stories are more comforting and uplifting than weird and creepy!

There was a thread like this years ago on this forum where a woman posted that she was receiving text messages (I think through FB, but it may have been phone) from her dead friend.

There was a thread like this years ago on this forum where a woman posted that she was receiving text messages (I think through FB, but it may have been phone) from her dead friend.

A detective needs to find that thread!!

I've had a few experiences that are hard to explain. I'll share one. About a week after my dog died, he was 14, I was home alone and at the top of the stairs. I heard a sound that was exactly like him walking around the bottom of the stairs. It was so odd but I know that was the sound I heard.
I regularly felt my dog around me after he died - he was nearly 16. In addition he was unable to get up and down the stairs without help and he had a bed at the bottom of the stairs so he could watch what was going on. A few nights I was crossing the landing and looked down to see him lying there looking at me. I was sorry when I stopped seeing him.

I have had several, thankfully haven't "seen" anything or I would freak.

1)My first dog died after having her for like 15 years. When she was alive She would come down the linoleum hallway and make a thud to lie down next to my bedroom door. Well, that noise didn't stop after she passed. I started dating a guy and didn't tell him of weird stuff that would happen to me because I didn't want him to think I was weird.
He stayed over the first night and he heard her. After a couple times, I ended up saying it was her. She finally stopped a year later when I got anotger puppy.Oh, the guy didn't stop seeing me.

2) I was about 8 when my grandfather passed. He and I were close. After he died, I would get whiffs of his aftershave Old Spice even after it was thrown out.Late at night I would be up being watching SNL (my grandmother would have freaked it she caught me) and I would look at what was his recliner and it was like a warm blanket of love I would feel.

3). I have "visitations" of my parents in my dreams, like very vivid I can smell and touch dreams.

4) After my dad passed, one year in Father's day my car radio and ac botg went out. After work I came back home and was having my neighbor try to fix the car. Well, they now botth worked. My neighbor who knew my dad looked and me and said"well guess that was your dad".

5) I used to work at a timeshare in Williamsburg, VA. This particular one at one time the main building had been aprtments for the elderly, so I expected some stuff to happen.
One room would smell like as someone out up a cigar.
Then another room: I felt like someone was watching me and yelling in my face. Do one day my crazy self went in therr and talked to him. I felt like it was a hun who didn't know he wasn't around and couldn't understand people coming on there.
I told him that I was there to make sure people didn't mess up his place. And then every time I went in therr after I would say it was me just checking on things. But I know longer felt the telling heaviness.
6)I dont know if this falls under paranormal, but I had visited the tower of London and it felt so sad and heavy.

Those are just a few.

I think we have a ghost and I think it might be my Uncle Pat (my mom's brother) because of some odd experiences related to moving into our house (that we had built in 2003). But that's another story.

Shortly after we moved in I'd see a shadow out of the corner of my eye quite often -- usually in the foyer, dining room, hallway and stairs to the 2nd floor. I didn't mention it to anyone because since I'd only see it out of the corner of my eye I figured I was just seeing things. We hadn't been in the house very long - less than a year I think - and we were eating dinner in the dining room with my ILs who were in town visiting. I was sitting across the table from my MIL. My MIL could see into the foyer and stairs to the 2nd floor from where she was sitting. At one point I looked at my MIL and she had a strange look on her face. I asked if she OK and she said "I just saw a shadow coming down the stairs". It freaked me out since she was validating what I had been seeing. Then DH tells us he had been seeing shadows too but didn't say anything since he thought he was just seeing things too.

We do still see the shadow on occasion. Also, we got a puppy in January and he has recently started barking at the foyer and stairs to the 2nd floor....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!