Have you ever had your car stolen ... TWICE? Updated post #75

Well, we talked with Enterprise and they were surprised to hear about the 48 thing. Either way, USAA already cleared it and we can pick up the car tomorrow afternoon! Whew. I was going to be very, very, very sad if that turned out any differently. As for what will happen if it's found again, we're either going that route or getting an alarm/kill switch. And man, oh man. I really, really, really hope they catch the idiots who took my car. I have never hated anyone as much as I hate whoever they are.

Oh I am so glad that you will have a car for this weekend. You're still going to Disneyland right? You need it now more than ever. If you decide to keep the car, my friend who had her Civic stolen(and then found) now puts one of those club steering wheel locks on http://www.theclub.com/

WHAT!!! Now that is just nuts. why would they keep stealing your car?!?!??!!
It really makes no sense to me!!! Are you sure it's no one that knows you in some way? I just can't believe this happened again! I am so sorry! Hopefully insurance will get you a better car!

I was thinking about this last night, I was wondering, do you know who is stealing your car? And sweetie, if you keep it, put it in the garage at night, use a club AND the kill switch! lol And most of all, have the BEST time EVER at DL because you need it for sure!

I don't think I know who it is. I don't know many people to begin with first of all :rotfl: I wish I had a garage or somewhere to park it, but all we have where I live is street parking. We'll definitely have some theft prevention added if I get it back, but I'd actually need it for more than a couple of days if we're gonna do that, lol.

At this point, I don't want the car back! Hopefully they'll settle this claim fast and then if they find the car they (insurance) can have it.

We did pick up another rental today. The gals at Enterprise remembered us and we talked about the whole thing for a while. They even gave us a free upgrade. :goodvibes

YAY for free upgrades. :) I'm so sorry you had to deal with that again but man I'm glad you have a rental car!

Well, we got a call a little before 5p that they found the car again. I was kind of hoping she'd stay stolen this time so I could get a new car. Now we have to go through the steps to get it checked out and cleaned all over again.

It's great you are getting your car back. I would talk with your insurer about them paying for or helping you pay for Lojack. Maybe the thief could get caught if they try this again, and rightfully punished.

wow.....
i don't know if i should say yay or :( haha
but i do hope all this nonsense gets sorted out and it never happens again!! and I hope the thief gets caught once and for all!

Ugh. I just want to hear from someone who has gone through this. I woke up this morning and my mom gives me this funny look because she thought I was at work since my car wasn't in front of the house. I ran outside to check and see if my mom parked it somewhere else last night (I haven't driven it since early Sunday morning) and it is gone. We've already called a report in, but I just don't know what happens now. :mad:

This has been one of the worst few days of life. Go figure it happens now.

do you have a honda accord??? I did have one and it was stolen TWICE!! I lived in one city and had it parked infront of the house. It was gone! It was returned . Party goers around the block stole it to get home 1hr away - i'm assuming since there was a house party around the corner.

2nd time- This time I lived in a better neighborhood and this time it was parked in my driveway. Stolen one morning. The cop that took the report said Older Honda's are popluar because theifs can use shaved keys:confused3
It was returned 20-30 min away.

I had no alarm so after the 2nd time i got the club and an alarm. I drove it a few more years and recently retired it- for $1000-lol! I bought a new car 3 years ago and went for a Toyota this time lol!

1. filed a police report
2. call insurance co
3. called off work
4. my policy has car rental so rented a car in the afternoon

if the car isnt found in 30 days the insurance co will payout sometimes it isnt worth it if the car is old and runs good.

if found police call and you go pick it up at the tow co and you must pay. I released it to insurance co the first time so they paid. 2nd time I went tow co and looked at car then had to go to ploice station and fill out paper work for release. They mixed up my car with another car and told me my car was totaled. I was told it was rolled so damage on top of car and all the sided. Luckily we went to tow co and looked at it whewww!!!! Got my car released to insurance co and they sent it to bodyshop for work. I did have to pay the darn deductable:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter