Have you ever been hit-on/picked up in WDW?

Let me be the first guy to say, "Me! I was hit on!" :thumbsup2
It was spring break 1988 and at Epcot I kept hearing a female voice calling my name. I finally caught her, and she came over to chat. She had learned my name at Diamond Horseshoe Revue when Miss Kitty sang to me. She asked me to meet her the next day at her hotel. And to top it off, she was a KENNEDY in Florida for spring break. Really. I knew either I would be met by her wearing nothing but whipped cream or she had been left alone(by her dad and brother). Guess which one. The brother and dad had helicoptered to 'the family complex' near Miami to golf. BTW absolutely nothing happened.

Not that last time but the few times before I went I got hit on and ended up at PI :rotfl: Theme Park Romances generally dont last but have fun and enjoy it while ya can! Last time I went with my beautiful wife and we were joined at the hip. You singles go out there and get ya a date! :hyper:

OH MY LORD YES!! :rotfl2: And it's the stuff legends are made of :rotfl:

Last year's Tiaras and Tantrums meet Phorsenuf, Lovetoscrap and I were at Pleasure Island and hopped a bus at closing time to head back to Pop. It was just the 3 of us, a 20ish guy and his date and a 40ish drunk guy. As we're innocently chatting 40ish guy puts his arm across the back of the seat and gradually starts to slide over until he's sitting right next to Scrappy. Then he slides his arm down until he actually has it around her and starts stroking her shoulder :eek: Having recent foot surgery and since she couldn't slide the other direction because there wasn't anywhere to go she was kinda trapped there. My friend, who is never at a loss for words, finds herself speechless and Phors and I are no help because we're chatting with 20ish guy who keeps shouting "WE'RE GOING LIVE!!! YOU WANNA GO LIVE? WE'RE GOING LIVE!!" We have no idea what this means :confused: But we tell him sure, yeah, we'll gi live too :confused3

Much to our relief, we finally arrive at Pop. 40ish guy asks Scrappy to accompany him back to his room. Phors shows him her wedding band and informs him we all have these lovely accessories and would like to keep them. :lmao: Going live guy seems to have wandered off and we made a quick getaway. Which is a REALLY good thing because we later learned that "going live" is apparently street slang for uh...starring in your own amatuer adult film :eek: :lmao:

BWAHAHA - I LOVE this story! And I had never heard "going live" either! I thought maybe you were going to be on youtube - well, you might have been! :eek:

Shugardrawers - "Going live" is a new one for me too. I guess I don't get out enough although I'm pretty sure I don't want to go there. I'll stay in reruns if that is my alternative. Also, I'm so going to borrow Tiaras and Tantrums. :rotfl:

I originally posted in the "shameful secret" thread so I copied my story over with some added details...

About 10 years ago, my best friend and I were at Pleasure Island and a single guy started talking to us at one of the clubs. Seemed like a nice guy but a bit odd. Said he came to Disney alone to meet women (yes, he really said this) and we struck up some very casual conversation. Unfortunately, we happened to be staying at the same resort (POR...Dixie Landings at the time). He mentioned his room number - once again, near ours - and wanted to know if he could hang out with us for the rest of our trip.

After several polite attempts to leave with him saying "where should we go next" each time and avoiding the future "hanging out" by saying we were meeting our families the next day, we finally pulled out the "have to go to the ladies room" story and snuck out the club.

I don't mind getting hit-on anywhere..it's great for the ego...but he was sounding a bit stalkery and so we headed for the hills.

We were actually hit on another time (just remembered) by a guy and his married brother who was there to keep him out of trouble..also at PI. Single brother liked my friend better but she wasn't interested so I had a very nice conversation with married brother who told me all about his family (and his brother) while my friend told single brother that she wasn't into long distance relationships.

One day, maybe I'll meet a guy at Disney who is a happy medium between these stories - minus the wedding ring.:rolleyes1

I get asked out in Morocco...it's always Morocco...

The first time it happened I was wandering around World Showcase and I was accosted by not one, not two, but THREE guys. They told me I was beautiful, kissed me on the hand, and asked me to dinner! Being the conspiracy theorist that I am, after they kissed me on the hand I immediately thought "oh, what flesh-eating bacteria have they just passed on to me?" lol. I said no thanks and went on my way!!! The whole thing would have been kind of cute if it wasn't so...random and creepy, lol.

The second time it happened is not as interesting a story, but I was asked out in Morocco AGAIN.

The first time it happened I was wandering around World Showcase and I was accosted by not one, not two, but THREE guys. They told me I was beautiful, kissed me on the hand, and asked me to dinner! Being the conspiracy theorist that I am, after they kissed me on the hand I immediately thought "oh, what flesh-eating bacteria have they just passed on to me?" lol. I said no thanks and went on my way!!! The whole thing would have been kind of cute if it wasn't so...random and creepy, lol.

The second time it happened is not as interesting a story, but I was asked out in Morocco AGAIN.

Any singles in December want to hang out in Morocco with me and pick up men ;) :lmao: I wonder if those guys get all "jazzed up" after watching the belly dancer from Mo Rockin'!

Shugardrawers - "Going live" is a new one for me too. I guess I don't get out enough although I'm pretty sure I don't want to go there. I'll stay in reruns if that is my alternative. Also, I'm so going to borrow Tiaras and Tantrums. :rotfl:

I originally posted in the "shameful secret" thread so I copied my story over with some added details...

About 10 years ago, my best friend and I were at Pleasure Island and a single guy started talking to us at one of the clubs. Seemed like a nice guy but a bit odd. Said he came to Disney alone to meet women (yes, he really said this) and we struck up some very casual conversation. Unfortunately, we happened to be staying at the same resort (POR...Dixie Landings at the time). He mentioned his room number - once again, near ours - and wanted to know if he could hang out with us for the rest of our trip.

After several polite attempts to leave with him saying "where should we go next" each time and avoiding the future "hanging out" by saying we were meeting our families the next day, we finally pulled out the "have to go to the ladies room" story and snuck out the club.

I don't mind getting hit-on anywhere..it's great for the ego...but he was sounding a bit stalkery and so we headed for the hills.

We were actually hit on another time (just remembered) by a guy and his married brother who was there to keep him out of trouble..also at PI. Single brother liked my friend better but she wasn't interested so I had a very nice conversation with married brother who told me all about his family (and his brother) while my friend told single brother that she wasn't into long distance relationships.

One day, maybe I'll meet a guy at Disney who is a happy medium between these stories - minus the wedding ring.:rolleyes1

I always thought I was well informed of all the latest lingo but as the gap widens, apparently not :rolleyes: But I'll tell ya this, I'll never agree to doing anything again that I don't know what it really means no matter how harmless it sounds :sad2: :lmao:

You are welcome to borrow the TnT moniker. It started out as a very accurate trip report title (the TR is HYSTERICAL I'll have to dig up the link), became the name of a now yearly Dis Ladies meet (tiaras required) and morphed into one of those dreaded community board "cliques" that are the best friends I've ever had. We always have room for a few more! Too bad your trip is a couple weeks before ours :(

And in September you will find me in Morocco:lmao:

:rolleyes1 Maybe, but I'll never tell ;)

Great idea for a thread! I've talked to people when
I've been solo in the parks, Jellyrolls, etc.
so that might get misconstrued as hitting on ;)

Met in the all too familiar sudden rainstorms at DW among other places so even real life "connections" have happened at DW when you least expect it, you just have to believe in the magic!

Hehehe...I resemble that remark!;) I met my Mr. CA because of a sudden rainstorm almost a year ago at WDW and we've been almost 'inseperable'... even though we have a bit of distance, but that will be ending in Sept. when I move to CA.:lovestruc If anyone would like the details of how we met, I love sharing our story just PM me. I believe in magic!!pixiedust:

You are welcome to borrow the TnT moniker. It started out as a very accurate trip report title (the TR is HYSTERICAL I'll have to dig up the link), became the name of a now yearly Dis Ladies meet (tiaras required) and morphed into one of those dreaded community board "cliques" that are the best friends I've ever had. We always have room for a few more! Too bad your trip is a couple weeks before ours :(

Thanks for the invite!! I'll keep an eye out for TnT information and will definitely look for the TR. I even have a tiara from some friends who call me princess due to my ever present blanket for sitting (I have a minor grass contact allergy but enjoy the name nonetheless).

OK...here is your mission if you choose to accept it:rolleyes1 for all single disers....
Add a little adventure to your next vacation and make it a little more exciting...Find a solo traveler and "hit" on them.......:laughing: Just my thoughts on the matter thats all:rolleyes1 it could be quite an adventure for everyone involved....:woohoo:

DON'T BE SHY....JUST do it!!!!!!!

OK...here is your mission if you choose to accept it:rolleyes1 for all single disers....
Add a little adventure to your next vacation and make it a little more exciting...Find a solo traveler and "hit" on them.......:laughing: Just my thoughts on the matter thats all:rolleyes1 it could be quite an adventure for everyone involved....:woohoo:

DON'T BE SHY....JUST do it!!!!!!!

Angy, I like the way you think. . .

Hehehe...I resemble that remark!;) I met my Mr. CA because of a sudden rainstorm almost a year ago at WDW and we've been almost 'inseperable'... even though we have a bit of distance, but that will be ending in Sept. when I move to CA.:lovestruc If anyone would like the details of how we met, I love sharing our story just PM me. I believe in magic!!pixiedust:
Yes, your experience was what I was referencing :):)
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter