Have you ever been hit-on/picked up in WDW?

haha - this thread may be just the nudge shy singles need. LOL Perhaps there should be a DIS - single mickey head. Some posters have mentioned making a podcast mickey head (lime green with orange on top). Maybe the DIS singles should do the same :rotfl: That way we can spot each other in the parks. But I fear that the only singles I will spot are other single women. :confused3

haha - this thread may be just the nudge shy singles need. LOL Perhaps there should be a DIS - single mickey head. Some posters have mentioned making a podcast mickey head (lime green with orange on top). Maybe the DIS singles should do the same :rotfl: That way we can spot each other in the parks. But I fear that the only singles I will spot are other single women. :confused3

Lol good idea...but I am afraid you are right!

Oh no, there are plenty of single disney men. . .I just think that they tend to NOT post on boards like this. . .but they do lurk. . .

It is next to impossible to spot a diser while at WDW unless they are also looking for you...lol....I am oblivious to the rest of the world on most days but my son is very observant and he spotted ONE diser on a weekend when there were supposed to be many and by the time he said hey Mom there goes a disboard member she was gone and it was too late to say hello....
so dis~er or not.....If you see someone that appears to be alone...or appears to be single strike up a conversation...(platonically just in case...:lmao: ) and see that you find out.....

Oh no, there are plenty of single disney men. . .I just think that they tend to NOT post on boards like this. . .but they do lurk. . .

Are you implying something?
89.gif
Men don't lurk, that sounds to creepy. We just aren't as chatty as some.
But you've got to admit... there is an entertainment value to it all.

I'm shy, i'm single, I lurk around.....oops lol!

Ummm yea Lurk does sound kinda creepy when you talk about it like that...

Synonyms: ambush, creep, hide, prowl, skulk, slink, sneak, snoop, unsuspected

eek - lurkers are in our midst!

I too, must object to the "lurker" label. Caught the link to this thread from your "shameful secret" thread. Entertaining reading.. And no, I have never been hit on, nor have I hit on others. But then, I've always been to WDW with my DW. Thanks for the interesting reading.....

I too, must object to the "lurker" label. Caught the link to this thread from your "shameful secret" thread. Entertaining reading.. And no, I have never been hit on, nor have I hit on others. But then, I've always been to WDW with my DW. Thanks for the interesting reading.....

OK so the "lurker" label is definitely offending people ... well, making them sad. How about I go to the thesaurus and see what I can come up with..

:rotfl2: the word "pussyfoot" is listed! wow - the sensors are going to have a hayday with this one!! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: the word "pussyfoot" is listed! wow - the sensors are going to have a hayday with this one!! :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

The censors let it go.... Don't know if the word is an apt description, but it did put some strange visions in my head :rotfl2: This isn't what Disney had in mind :lmao:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
lurk Audio Help /lɜrk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lurk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object)
1. to lie or wait in concealment, as a person in ambush; remain in or around a place secretly or furtively.
2. to go furtively; slink; steal.
3. to exist unperceived or unsuspected.
4. Chiefly Computers. to read or observe an ongoing discussion without participating in it, as in an Internet newsgroup.
–noun Australian Informal.
5. an underhand scheme; dodge.
6. an easy, somewhat lazy or unethical way of earning a living, performing a task, etc.
7. a hideout.

The term does fit, you are right.
Yet....I don't know, maybe i just took exception to "men" being the lurkers. Yeah, that's it!!

I stand corrected :) I'll start calling you guys "dodgy characters" :rotfl: But ya know, now you're participating so you're no longer dodgy characters. :bitelip:

I want to be hit on at WDW! I have only been once before, that was last year with my kids and my now ex. I am single now, so line 'em up!!!:woohoo:

I want to be hit on at WDW! I have only been once before, that was last year with my kids and my now ex. I am single now, so line 'em up!!!:woohoo:
Okay, we need some good ole cornball pickup lines to practice before December. Let's see for gals... :cool2: "I was blinded by your beauty so I'm going to need your name and number for insurance reasons." "Do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot?" :smokin: Heck, there are a gazillion of these.

Okay, we need some good ole cornball pickup lines to practice before December. Let's see for gals... :cool2: "I was blinded by your beauty so I'm going to need your name and number for insurance reasons." "Do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot?" :smokin: Heck, there are a gazillion of these.

Okay, I must be the most unfortunate, un-hit-on gal around, but I've never heard those lines before... corny as they might be :)

Okay, I must be the most unfortunate, un-hit-on gal around, but I've never heard those lines before... corny as they might be :)
Not at WDW, but I had this one used on me, "The TV's not working right in my room. Think you could fix it?" We'd been to a conference dinner and she'd had a few glasses of wine. I knew her husband (not at the conference), so advised her to contact the hotel front desk. If I didn't know her hubby, the pickup line would've worked.:love:

In my case.. I always get myself in trouble... me and my big mouth!!! I talk darn to much... I am in the line I chat with everyone... I am waiting for the parade I chat and chat and chat... next thing I know... they are getting the wrong signals... and then I get a napkin with their phone number :laughing:

but my worst experience was from here at the boards... met a diser which we will call John Doe... we chatted... we chatted.. we chatted.. never deny that I am not white I am not black I am beige... a short and chunky beige person... my pictures are posted on all my trip reports... well JD was sorta kinda new and was not aware at 1st with the links in my siggie... so we chatted away... what do you do for fun etc..etc..etc.. well a month before we were supposed to have a dis meet he finally learn to go through links and read a few of my trip reports... and then the chat stopped :confused3 no replies with the PM.. email or anything... so maybe I thought he was busy... So one day I bumped into him along the CB... and started threading... Hi.. how are you etc... etc.. etc... next thing I know I got a PM stating that he is sorry but he dont think there was chemistry and would not like to pursue the chat/meet... Ok.. if you really know me and have seen my post in the other threads... recently single... love to meet disers and have met alot.. in all size shape and form which maybe why I wasn't really aware of the chemistry issue... ... So I PM back... and said no worries... glad you told me soon enough... I dont what you to be using prep H when we meet for discomfort... so on I went with my planning in meeting other disers... vacation time came.. land at MCO.. went straight to the park to meet with some peeps to do MK for the day... it was a mix group this board and another board... so as we were in line chatting away with the group.. here comes a JD.. didnt know it was him and he did not know I was antss2001 since every was calling me with my 1st name... he said.. I dont think we have been introduced.. I am JD :scared1: I said nice meeting you.. Timmy1970... so rode all the rides.. etc..etc..etc... end of the day came.. time to go on our own separate ways... here comes JD...

JD: What are your plans tomorrow...

Me: nothing really I was supposed to meet another diser but he changed his mind...

JD: really cool... then we get to hang out...

Me: Really?? why ???

JD: I think you're fun to be with... and cool...

Me: But what about chemistry ????

JD: huh.. what chemistry....

Me: well you're the one who canceled the meet tomorrow...

JD: huh :confused3

Me: I am antss2001... we chatted for a good month or two... but a little birdie told me you saw my TR and got disinterested when you saw my pic and yes I just cut my hair recently so that is why it is short now :laughing:

JD: speechless...

Me: oppss there's my bus!!! You have a good vacation and I will see you at the boards!!!

I hope he found the right chemistry...

The end!!!!

:confused3 ::yes:: :lmao: ::yes:: :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter