Have you ever been hit-on/picked up in WDW?

Stacy's a freak

wrangles snakes
(This thread is inspired by Rebecca06261)

Poor Rebecca06261 is very nice, loves kids and Disney and seems to get hit on a bit in the parks/resorts. This made me wonder ... how many other people have had this happen? It seems odd to me that WDW could be a singles' haven, a place for mixers, if you will, but now I have to wonder. So...

Have you ever been hit-on/picked up in WDW? Tell us your story!

I was once. :eek:

I was walking along in Epcot on the bridge between France and England. (FYI--I'm an old bat!) An older man, on his scooter, came up beside me and started talking. He asked me how often I visited the parks, told me he owned a house in Kissimmee, then asked if I were alone. :scared1:

I was solo, but I told him I was meeting my family. I pointed to a crowd of people, said, "There they are," and waved to my "family." He quicked scooted off! And so did I! :moped:

I don't think he meant me any harm--he just seemed lonely, but I was not taking any chances.

Well, I wont go into a whole lot of specifics but yes I think this actually happens quite often at WDW...
My son always laughs that I have never seen Illuminations because of such an incident so last year I made it a point to not make eye contact with anyone, to not talk to anyone etc etc....during that time...lol
I actually had a very pleasureable experience the night I missed illuminations. I was sitting on one of the railings on one of the landing areas and this really gorgeous guy started talking to me. He had a teenage daughter, a son about 11 or 12 and a daughter probably 9 or 10. Unfortunately I was going thru my divorce at the time so I didnt bother to really take it anywhere but I do remember he was from Chicago I believe, very attractive and very interesting, I was immersed in the conversation from start to finish:):):)
I have also met up with single guys in line...I have never taken anything any farther than WDW, kind of what happens here stays here mentality, but yes you can definitly meet other singles at Disney World:):) :thumbsup2

See! I'm not the only one!! :thumbsup2

Not at all:) and if you read thru some of the threads there are those who have met in the all too familiar sudden rainstorms at DW among other places so even real life "connections" have happened at DW when you least expect it, you just have to believe in the magic!

I surprise myself in realizing I have never hit on a woman on a vacation. Maybe I should?

I surprise myself in realizing I have never hit on a woman on a vacation. Maybe I should?

Might work, you never know. . .and yes, at DLR I have been hit on by single guys. . .usually much younger single guys, but hey. . .that's normal for me. . .

Oh, it DOES happen!!! I was at CSR last December, and the weather was great, sunny and 80's all day. After I got back from the parks, the kids went swimming, and I headed to the bar. It was outside right on the lake, and I spotted an empty stool, ordered a pina colada and sat my tired butt down. CSR is a conference resort, and there was a horse owners convention or something there during that time. A group of men from the convention came to the bar and ordered their drinks just as I was about to go to my room and pass out. One of them apparently took a liking to me. Well, long story short, a big Texan livestock owner wanted to brand me and take me home with him... LOL I was almost blinded by his diamond string tie, and bull horn shaped money clip that he kept waving in front of my face as he insisted on buying me mojitos. I am almost ashamed to admit I accepted the drinks...lol But that was it, I excused myself and went to my own room to pass out all alone...lol

Nope no one has ever hit on me at DL or WDW... should I feel shuned?

Oh, it DOES happen!!! I was at CSR last December, and the weather was great, sunny and 80's all day. After I got back from the parks, the kids went swimming, and I headed to the bar. It was outside right on the lake, and I spotted an empty stool, ordered a pina colada and sat my tired butt down. CSR is a conference resort, and there was a horse owners convention or something there during that time. A group of men from the convention came to the bar and ordered their drinks just as I was about to go to my room and pass out. One of them apparently took a liking to me. Well, long story short, a big Texan livestock owner wanted to brand me and take me home with him... LOL I was almost blinded by his diamond string tie, and bull horn shaped money clip that he kept waving in front of my face as he insisted on buying me mojitos. I am almost ashamed to admit I accepted the drinks...lol But that was it, I excused myself and went to my own room to pass out all alone...lol

:rotfl2: JR Ewing was in WDW?! I surprised that he didn't thump you over the head and drag you away by your hair.

I have, but of course, I was completely oblivious to the fact until my friend pointed it out to me afterwards. You would think getting hit on would get my attention but apparently not. :rotfl2:

I have, but of course, I was completely oblivious to the fact until my friend pointed it out to me afterwards. You would think getting hit on would get my attention but apparently not. :rotfl2:

I wish that were my excuse for being single...unfortunately it's not :confused3

Closest infrequent experiences were chatting encounters that led to sharing a table in a sit-down restaurant (separate checks, pls).

Closest infrequent experiences were chatting encounters that led to sharing a table in a sit-down restaurant (separate checks, pls).

Bill, see you live in Clovis. . .I spent some time in a small town called Dinuba. . .my ex was/is the City Engineer there. . .

Bill, see you live in Clovis. . .I spent some time in a small town called Dinuba. . .my ex was/is the City Engineer there. . .
Yes, I've heard of Dinuba. However, my work tends to take me up into the Sierras, so I'm not too familiar with the various San Joaquin Valley cities and towns.

OH MY LORD YES!! :rotfl2: And it's the stuff legends are made of :rotfl:

Last year's Tiaras and Tantrums meet Phorsenuf, Lovetoscrap and I were at Pleasure Island and hopped a bus at closing time to head back to Pop. It was just the 3 of us, a 20ish guy and his date and a 40ish drunk guy. As we're innocently chatting 40ish guy puts his arm across the back of the seat and gradually starts to slide over until he's sitting right next to Scrappy. Then he slides his arm down until he actually has it around her and starts stroking her shoulder :eek: Having recent foot surgery and since she couldn't slide the other direction because there wasn't anywhere to go she was kinda trapped there. My friend, who is never at a loss for words, finds herself speechless and Phors and I are no help because we're chatting with 20ish guy who keeps shouting "WE'RE GOING LIVE!!! YOU WANNA GO LIVE? WE'RE GOING LIVE!!" We have no idea what this means :confused: But we tell him sure, yeah, we'll gi live too :confused3

Much to our relief, we finally arrive at Pop. 40ish guy asks Scrappy to accompany him back to his room. Phors shows him her wedding band and informs him we all have these lovely accessories and would like to keep them. :lmao: Going live guy seems to have wandered off and we made a quick getaway. Which is a REALLY good thing because we later learned that "going live" is apparently street slang for uh...starring in your own amatuer adult film :eek: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter