Have you been to Disney this year and did anyone in your party get COVID?

Did anyone in your party get COVID during a Disney trip in 2022?

• Total voters
We went during March break. We drove down for 2 weeks. Wore masks indoors (mostly, some rides like Pirates we did not. Restaurants like Sanaa, we did not) and for the most part did not wear masks outdoors except at MK pinch points where you feel like cattle. But everyone tested negative before crossing the border back. No one had symptoms after either.

Just back Friday and 2/5 tested positive yesterday another one today. Luckily as no mom likes to see their kiddos sick , I seem to have been hit the hardest. I think #4 is going down now.
While we were very careful in parks and in airports and planes masks no indoor dining etc DD had a Canadian friend over to our hotel for an aft and we had dinner now our room,, and bam ..
it’s def still out there

Just back Friday and 2/5 tested positive yesterday another one today. Luckily as no mom likes to see their kiddos sick , I seem to have been hit the hardest. I think #4 is going down now.
While we were very careful in parks and in airports and planes masks no indoor dining etc DD had a Canadian friend over to our hotel for an aft and we had dinner now our room,, and bam ..
it’s def still out there
Hopefully no one else in your family gets sick.
Just curious, did you all wear your masks inside everywhere at the parks? Even in indoor lineups for rides? We have a trip booked for the end of the month and still not confident we should be going.

My sister came to visit last week and tested positive a few days after she got home to Florida. Shes been living in Florida for the entire pandemic and her husband works in a hospital. They managed to avoid it until now.

The most unfortunate part is my sisters and I are taking my mom on a long awaited dream trip to where she was born in the UK ..and we leave Sunday. Now youngest sister can’t come 😞.

Im just back in Ireland after 2 weeks in USA / 1 week in Disneyland California. I wore a double mask indoors on planes, public transport, shops etc and in Disneyland wore masks both indoors and outdoors while in in the parks. I didnt do any indoor dining and I tested myself every second day. My last day in Disneyland was Friday 1 July and I did a test this morning. All my tests have been negative and I am still Covid free.

I went in January, March and May. I wore a mask in line and indoors. I didn’t eat inside except at my hotel for breakfast. I didn’t get it. Nobody cares if you wear a mask so I’m going to do it. I would feel terrible if I passed this on especially to my 80ish parents, my infant grandson or my sister just coming off radiation.

I was recently with a friend who had to call and tell me she tested positive for Covid the day after we were together. She still feels terrible that her illness meant that I, following CDC guidance, went into quarantine for 5 days.

I went for a 4 night trip over Memorial Day weekend. Round trip flight. Fully vaccinated plus booster. Never had Covid. Myself, my daughter, and niece. We did not wear masks. I started feeling sick on departure day, just mild. Progressively worsened during the day. By the time I got home, feeling really bad. Tested positive the next day. Daughter and niece did not get it. So it’s definitely still out there, although I do not remember being around anyone that looked sick.

7 or 8 trips during the Covid area. Two party members had one dose; the other had none. Nobody ever got Covid. Wore masks only when required.

Disney health and mask protocols changed in May. Since then I’ve heard more reports of positive tests at WDW and after leaving.

New Covid strains as also more contagious. Less people wearing masks.

Flights / cruise / WDW in May - no mask - one person in party shot and booster / one just shot - neither got Covid
Reports of Covid on ship but I didn’t follow up for after trip as that point doesn’t really matter - I was either going to get it or not
Tested several times since I’ve been home for various reason - so far negative every time ! Same for person traveling with me
I live in a hot spot - I try to just stay home for most part

We went in March - 8 of us. We masked indoors but not outdoors. We dined indoors at least once per day.

On our return tests we all tested negative except for my mom who tested positive but had no symptoms. Thank goodness for manulife insurance ! They got rid of the return testing shortly after our trip . It would be a lot less stressful to travel now.
May I ask, if your Mom tested positive on return tests, how did you get her home? Did you drive over the border? Did you provide them with a positive test result? And did they fine you the $5000? That's my biggest worry with my unvaxxed 15 year old. I worry about how we come home if she's caught it. Although they've now dropped the testing for vaxxed and unvaxxed under 12, 12-17 year olds have to test. So if she's positive, what do we do?

May I ask, if your Mom tested positive on return tests, how did you get her home? Did you drive over the border? Did you provide them with a positive test result? And did they fine you the $5000? That's my biggest worry with my unvaxxed 15 year old. I worry about how we come home if she's caught it. Although they've now dropped the testing for vaxxed and unvaxxed under 12, 12-17 year olds have to test. So if she's positive, what do we do?
She stayed in Florida with my Dad while the rest of us flew home. Even though we knew it was a possibility and had taken the trip knowing the risks, I am not going to lie - that was a stressful day trying to figure everything out.

They toyed with the idea of renting a car and driving across the border, risking the fine - but ultimately decided to stay in FL and just wait it out. My dad tested positive 3 days later (as we knew he likely would) so they ended up spending an extra 13 days in FL. They did the 5 day quarantine each and then made the best of the rest of their time and spent the last part in the keys. They used their positive tests to cross the border and had no trouble as it was past the 10 day period . Of course 3 days after they were home Canada dropped the testing requirement to come back in but oh well.

Accommodations were actually quite hard to come by .. I kind of thought it would be easy to grab an Airbnb but everything was sold out or crazy expensive. Looking back we probably should have booked something that we could cancel had we not needed it.

Manulife insurance was a necessity at the time- they were very helpful when we called them that day (though they are still waiting for their claim to go through - I imagine they are swamped).

All in all we are all still glad we took the trip… luckily my parents are retired so an extra 13 days in Florida wasnt the worst thing. It would have been a lot more complicated had my husband or myself tested positive and had to figure out work leaves etc.

Last edited:
She stayed in Florida with my Dad while the rest of us flew home. Even though we knew it was a possibility and had taken the trip knowing the risks, I am not going to lie - that was a stressful day trying to figure everything out.

They toyed with the idea of renting a car and driving across the border, risking the fine - but ultimately decided to stay in FL and just wait it out. My dad tested positive 3 days later (as we knew he likely would) so they ended up spending an extra 13 days in FL. They did the 5 day quarantine each and then made the best of the rest of their time and spent the last part in the keys. They used their positive tests to cross the border and had no trouble as it was past the 10 day period . Of course 3 days after they were home Canada dropped the testing requirement to come back in but oh well.

Accommodations were actually quite hard to come by .. I kind of thought it would be easy to grab an Airbnb but everything was sold out or crazy expensive. Looking back we probably should have booked something that we could cancel had we not needed it.

Manulife insurance was a necessity at the time- they were very helpful when we called them that day (though they are still waiting for their claim to go through - I imagine they are swamped).

All in all we are all still glad we took the trip… luckily my parents are retired so an extra 13 days in Florida wasnt the worst thing. It would have been a lot more complicated had my husband or myself tested positive and had to figure out work leaves etc.
Was Manulife able to help with costs of accomodation? I hope your parents didn't need any medical help. Thanks for the reply!

Was Manulife able to help with costs of accomodation? I hope your parents didn't need any medical help. Thanks for the reply!
Yes we had purchased their CoverMe plan before we left and it covered $400 a day for accommodations and meals. It also covered the cost of changing their flights. Luckily they both had very mild symptoms , but manulife had connected them with a physician who checked in on them via video chat which was reassuring for those of us back home.

Good luck with your trip!

We went to Disneyland Aug 2021, wore masks inside and on ride, but we did have meals indoors. No Covid for anyone in our party.
Christmas week we went to Disney World for a week, crowds galore, amid Omicron wave, ate indoors etc - did not catch Covid. Still wore masks indoors at Christmas but not outside. We came home to family members having Covid at home, they barely went anywhere and got it. We travelled to crowded Disney World and did not.
Then in April 2022, we went to DisneyWorld for 3 nights and Harmony of the Seas 7 night cruise. Also did not catch Covid. At this point the ship was at nearly full capacity. You no longer had to wear masks inside or out, we didn’t for the most part. We ate indoors at both Disney and on the cruise.
We flew down all 3x, masks were mandatory on flights Aug & Dec 2021, but not when we came back April 2022.
I guess we just got lucky?
Overall, I feel like it’s so random, who gets it and where. I feel like you’re just as likely to catch covid at home, but I do think catching it on vacation is obviously more detrimental … not something you want to deal with. It’s just something to be prepared for and having Plan B. Then C.

Has anyone flown to WDW recently(within past couple months), or know of anyone who has? Did they take precautions such as masking indoors or whenever possible and did they get Covid?

We are supposed to be heading there very soon and DH isn’t too sure we should be going anymore due to all the risks. If we do cancel yet again (this was originally our March break 2020 trip), I honestly do not even know if this trip will ever happen at all.

This thread concerns me. I know that any vacation, or even anytime we leave our house we are at risk. We went on a cruise for March break. Wore N95 masks when indoors and we were fine. We did hear though of a few crew getting it and main shows were shut down the next week.

We're coming to Disney end of August and although we can say that we'll stick to outdoor dining and Disney is mostly outdoors, it'll be stupid hot. So in reality, we'll want to be indoors when we can. We will have masks for indoors (but no way outdoors unless the rule is added back). We have 4 table service meals booked, rest will be QS so can try and grab seats that are "safer". We are flying as well so that in itself is a risk (we drove to the port for the cruise). But we'll just b as careful as can be and hope we can answer "no" to this thread when we return.

Has anyone flown to WDW recently(within past couple months), or know of anyone who has? Did they take precautions such as masking indoors or whenever possible and did they get Covid?

We are supposed to be heading there very soon and DH isn’t too sure we should be going anymore due to all the risks. If we do cancel yet again (this was originally our March break 2020 trip), I honestly do not even know if this trip will ever happen at all.
Im just back to Ireland from a West Coast trip which included almost a week in Disneyland California. In the parks theres no social distancing, very few people wear masks and it generally feels like summer 2019.

Saying that I took my own precautions. The only comments about my masks were where did I get them, as I coordinated with my Disney Bounding outfits. I tied as much as I could not to bunch up with people in lines, I stayed on the edges of large crowds, I didnt do indoor dining in the parks.

I also double masked in the airports, on planes and in taxis / public transport.

People have mask and covid fatigue, and are just not consciously aware of taking precautions any more.

For me it was worth the risk, I also tested myself every few days, just for peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter