Have we reached the saturation point?

Any word on all those registrations through the link for 2017 participants that everyone was jumping on. wonder if they'll ever sort through them.

Surprised Goofy hasn't sold out yet.

Any word on all those registrations through the link for 2017 participants that everyone was jumping on. wonder if they'll ever sort through them.

I would assume they won't sort through them as kicking people out now would be just bad business. It would be a mess & by now it's probably all in one big registration pot anyway. Guessing I should have just used it like everyone else and saved the $10, oh well.

With @cavepig on this - Disney won't turn away anyone with money and I doubt they'll go through them at this point. People have already started booking hotels and flights, plus race add-ons. Why risk that for guaranteed money?

TA and charities still have openings. Kellsie's Hope asking for $1100 isn't that bad, actually. You would only have to raise an additional $500 if you donated the $600 (with active fees) for normal race reg, plus can get a sweet tax deduction. It's about the same as the runners world VIP but it makes you feel a little bit better about yourself ;)

Think Goofy has missed every year since Dopey went from grassroots to mainstream.
In 2015 my original plan was to go for the Goofy and the anniversary medal but I figured I may as well do the Dopey and be able to make the 10K a family run. So I definitely believe the Dopey has poached some Goofy registrations.

I found this on Facebook that someone put together. It's a about as good as we are probably going to get for total number of runners in each race over the years. Some of the numbers are just finishers rather than number of those signed up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bc0SMFc6rYhM-NJlnI38i0edKOGyoTquv0VbHFdB8vY/htmlview#
Cool that someone put this together - thanks for sharing!

Looks like some numbers can't be right (0 5K in 2016?), and we can't use the 2017 numbers yet, obviously. After QUICK glance, looks like mostly upward trends, right?

Last edited:
I found this on Facebook that someone put together. It's a about as good as we are probably going to get for total number of runners in each race over the years. Some of the numbers are just finishers rather than number of those signed up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bc0SMFc6rYhM-NJlnI38i0edKOGyoTquv0VbHFdB8vY/htmlview#

Looks like some numbers can't be right (0 5K in 2016?), and we can't use the 2017 numbers yet, obviously. After QUICK glance, looks like mostly upward trends, right?
Chart of "total runners" per the linked table...

Untitled.jpg

Yep. With the 5K it's a bit harder since those are not timed you can't always get an accurate number.

Interesting dip in 2015.
Yeah. Wonder if there is an error or if they really experienced the dip... any races they eliminated? Or was 2016 the first year of Dark Side which accounts for 2016 jump backup?? I really didn't "analyze" -- just took a quick look and dumped the "total runners" into excel & charted. :)

Yeah. Wonder if there is an error or if they really experienced the dip... any races they eliminated? Or was 2016 the first year of Dark Side which accounts for 2016 jump backup?? I really didn't "analyze" -- just took a quick look and dumped the "total runners" into excel & charted. :)
2015 was the last Everest and then 2016 had the first dark side which probably explains it.

2015 was also the first year without the Tower of Terror 10 miler after they brought it back. We were fortunate enough to have run the last one, before we knew it was the last one, in 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter