Have to get a few things off my chest

Agreeing on the Cafe Orleans service. It was poor last Sunday evening. Somehow a bowl of gumbo and cup of gumbo came out 30-40 minutes apart. Our server disappeared multiple times, and wouldn't allow us to each get a separate check (it was friends at a table, none family members paying together). My pomme frites tasted good, but would have been a lot better if they'd been hotter than room temperature! This is the first time I've eaten there and was expecting good things after hearing so many folks wax poetic about it, but I probably won't go back unless I am with someone who REALLY wants to go.

I haven't eaten at Cafe Orleans since it switched from CS to TS. From the sound of it, I shouldn't try it soon. Shame because I read in the Unofficial Guide that the pommes frittes are the best snack anyway on DL property.

I'd say instead of 4 days go for 6, and take more breaks. We do 5 or 6 days each trip now, and don't feel the need to be there open to close... Although we do try and make rope drop. Go back for naps/ pool time every afternoon from 1-4 ish... It makes for a much happier trip :)

This is exactly what we do. We go for 5-6 days taking a day here or there in between to do other things and then on Disney days take a break between 1-4:00 as is the hottest time of the day depending on when you go and can be a great time for the pool or a nap. You feel so refreshed and ready to go back to the parks again later on.

I love the idea someone here just gave about taking notice of name tags and giving the kids a positive experience by complimenting a CM. It's a great lesson for kids to learn and it will make them feel good that they did something nice for someone. Retail, Food Industry etc is a hard, thankless, and typically underpaid job and it means the entire world when a customer can stand up for them and give a compliment. A simple THANK YOU can really go a mile. Kudos to the original poster for doing so.

I too have to agree with Cafe Orlenes. I have had slow service twice when I was there, mind you it was busy both times and we weren't in a hurry. But if we were I don't think I would have been as impressed. I havent been back there the last two trips to Disney but the food was good so maybe 3rd time is the charm.

I haven't eaten at Cafe Orleans since it switched from CS to TS. From the sound of it, I shouldn't try it soon. Shame because I read in the Unofficial Guide that the pommes frittes are the best snack anyway on DL property.
The Pomme frittes are good but the Monte Cristo left ALOT to be desired. I love a good Monte Cristo and to me it was terrible. The service was bad for us as well. We would try someplace else next time.

Long time lurker here..
I'd just like to say that discussions like these are why I like this site. I used to hang out at that other site but if a subject like this comes up people are more concerned about attacking or being attacked by others via a rep system than posting useful comments.
This site rocks! :cool1:
:rotfl2:

Halloween Party. Well, it seems to me that they sold 3x as many tickets to this one as the one we attended in 2012. You couldn't just walk onto rides, big lines on all the E-Ticket rides.

Were you at the 10/17 party? We were also at that party and we, too, found it significantly more crowded than the parties we attended the previous 2 years. This was our third MHP in a row and there was barely walking space in several areas it was so crowded. We even commented that we weren't sure we were do it again due to the high crowds, long treat lines, and long ride lines!

...I love the idea someone here just gave about taking notice of name tags and giving the kids a positive experience by complimenting a CM. It's a great lesson for kids to learn and it will make them feel good that they did something nice for someone. Retail, Food Industry etc is a hard, thankless, and typically underpaid job and it means the entire world when a customer can stand up for them and give a compliment. A simple THANK YOU can really go a mile. Kudos to the original poster for doing so...

We also make a point of thanking and complimenting CMs (the CMs at City Hall or Chamber of Commerce are soooo glad to take compliments!), especially for the CMs who clean the restrooms. When we see a CM cleaning the restroom, we make sure to stop, address her or him (depending on the restroom) by name to thank her/him for doing a hard, very necessary job. We've been amazed by the smiles we've received in return. When it looks like the CM is working extra hard to keep things clean and orderly, we put in a compliment card. These little things can make such a difference and help teach our kids not to ignore the people who are working so hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter