• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

For those of you who are doing some form of dressing for the occasion, what is your plan? Are you going all out or just adding some touches?
I was going to dress up in a skeleton costume I have but decided to just wear Haunted mansion colors ( purple and black) with Haunted Mansion ears.

Considering that anything we do would need to come with us on a plane, we aren't doing much. If we were local or flew in the day before it might be different.

Considering that anything we do would need to come with us on a plane, we aren't doing much. If we were local or flew in the day before it might be different.
For me I don't want to have to fly with a costume even though we will be there for the week. Maybe a t-shirt or something that we can pick up in the park earlier in the week. I don't know that I will have it in me to get all costumed up that late at night.

I'm flying down as well, but I'm good at squeezing in bulky clothing for Dapper Day so I could manage an outfit. I'm trying to decide whether to wear basics (like HM colors and pin or something) or jazz it up a bit. Knowing me, I'll probably go with 'jazz it up a bit.' I have a black hat with a veil and some black lace gloves, for instance. That wouldn't take too much to pack.

This will be the first time I'll be in the Park for the anniversary date of an attraction. I'm not able to attend the event, but I will be in the park on August 9th. To everyone's knowledge, is there a specific location (or locations) I should go to look for 50th merchandise that might be sold to the public? Might there be something they hand out as you enter Disneyland? The Haunted Mansion is my all-time favorite ride since my first visit when I was 5 years old. Thanks in advance!

This will be the first time I'll be in the Park for the anniversary date of an attraction. I'm not able to attend the event, but I will be in the park on August 9th. To everyone's knowledge, is there a specific location (or locations) I should go to look for 50th merchandise that might be sold to the public? Might there be something they hand out as you enter Disneyland? The Haunted Mansion is my all-time favorite ride since my first visit when I was 5 years old. Thanks in advance!
You might be in luck the last event is the 9th at 1am so I'm guessing you'll left over merchandise show up in the park the next day (the 9th at 8-9am). Not sure where though-- I would definately check out the shopping area in New Orleans sq- I believe there is a haunted mansion/Nightmare before Christmas shop.. Also there is usually a cart shop right as you exit haunted mansion.

I'm hoping for some sort of a show on the rivers of America. They could very easily put Leota on a water screen and have her welcome us all to the event.

I'd love it if the ghosts escaped and found their way onto other rides.

So, I decided to email Disney Events and ask if they knew if additional information (beyond what we already know) would be sent out at all before the event. I got an almost immediate response saying yes, they will send out additional information. They are working out the last details as we speak and I should receive a Know Before You Go email within the next few days.

For those of you who are doing some form of dressing for the occasion, what is your plan? Are you going all out or just adding some touches?

Something simple, a tank dress with the wallpaper print and plain capri leggings. The weather has been warm and humid (for Southern California) and I don't see much change in the long-range forecast.

Something simple, a tank dress with the wallpaper print and plain capri leggings. The weather has been warm and humid (for Southern California) and I don't see much change in the long-range forecast.
I hadn't thought about the weather lately. I have been thinking it's generally chilly to me at night (note: I'm chilly with anything below 73 degrees), but I'll have to remember to check out what late temps will be that week.

I hadn't thought about the weather lately. I have been thinking it's generally chilly to me at night (note: I'm chilly with anything below 73 degrees), but I'll have to remember to check out what late temps will be that week.
AccuWeather is saying high 60's at the coldest part of the night and in the high 80's low 90's during the day. For me there is a big difference between 70 and sunny and 70 and no sun. I don't like heat and I'm thinking I'm going to want pants & long sleeve shirt or light sweatshirt.

I am planning on wearing my Main Street dress from the Dress Shop. If the Haunted Mansion event dress fits properly, I am going to wear that on Friday for the actual 50th and the Doombuggies.com event.

For me I don't want to have to fly with a costume even though we will be there for the week. Maybe a t-shirt or something that we can pick up in the park earlier in the week. I don't know that I will have it in me to get all costumed up that late at night.
I'll probably wear the camp shirt I got from the RSP.

I'm hoping for some sort of a show on the rivers of America. They could very easily put Leota on a water screen and have her welcome us all to the event.

I'd love it if the ghosts escaped and found their way onto other rides.
Well, according to the event page (which I haven't looked at since the beginning of this process) we will get at least the following:

• Gather for a 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off moment along the Rivers of America. Madame Leota will make a special appearance to conjure up the ensuing party festivities, lovingly referred to as a “Swinging Wake.” Other supernatural surprises include a lively cavalcade of musicians, dancers and performers from beyond the grave.

So, there will be things happening, but how elaborate they are remains to be seen. They also say something very vague about a commemorative item and food. Who knows . . .

When hear Cavalcade for this event - it makes me think if of the float from the Halloween party - it had the dancers from the ballroom & the grave diggers. Just missing the lively musicians.

So I was just scrolling through Facebook and saw an actual advertisement for the event. The link took you to the events page.

So I was just scrolling through Facebook and saw an actual advertisement for the event. The link took you to the events page.
Disneyland also posted the same on Twitter. Sounds like they're desperate - both dates are still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter