Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

If the event is a fail, I suggest we take tiki torches and storm City Hall! Shouting we want a refund!
Or wait till another day, then send an email that would rival the best mini novella on Telemundo! Maybe both! Haha....no.... really!
A get together is a nice idea. Maybe at Trader Sam's or Napa Rose.
I’d be up for a get together! We’ll be there until Saturday.

Wow, Disney is living up to their new motto "Pay more, get less". I am shocked there isn't a meal, buffet or even appetizers planned for this high priced event. I hope they have lots of great surprises for those going.

Yes. And another favorite thing of mine is parking isn't included. It would not be such an issue for me, if it wasn't for the fact that Disneyland only pays $1 a year, to the City of Anaheim for said parking structures. One dollar! So when I last paid $25 that should cover me for the next $25 years.

Yes. And another favorite thing of mine is parking isn't included. It would not be such an issue for me, if it wasn't for the fact that Disneyland only pays $1 a year, to the City of Anaheim for said parking structures. One dollar! So when I last paid $25 that should cover me for the next $25 years.

Wow! I didn't know that! That is very frustrating. I feel highway robbery every time we park at the onsite hotel and have to pay for parking. I feel it should be included. I sure hope they are handing out Dooney purses/wallets in special treat bag or something that makes that high cost for three hours in the park a good value. Mind you, I doubt Disney will cough hard enough to make it a GREAT value, so I said, good value.
Wishing all that are attending wonderful, positive surprises filled with pixie dust.

Wow, Disney is living up to their new motto "Pay more, get less". I am shocked there isn't a meal, buffet or even appetizers planned for this high priced event. I hope they have lots of great surprises for those going.
The wording of the description seemed to indicate that there would be SOME sort of food included, as well as special food for purchase, but it’s so vague I can’t be sure.

Wow! I didn't know that! That is very frustrating. I feel highway robbery every time we park at the onsite hotel and have to pay for parking. I feel it should be included. I sure hope they are handing out Dooney purses/wallets in special treat bag or something that makes that high cost for three hours in the park a good value. Mind you, I doubt Disney will cough hard enough to make it a GREAT value, so I said, good value.
Wishing all that are attending wonderful, positive surprises filled with pixie dust.

Honestly, the commemorative item will probably be something plastic that was made on an assembly line at a high rate of speed in a foreign land. Sigh.....lol

One of the reasons I bought tickets for the second date was to see how the event goes the evening before. If we don't get let in until 1am I'm not getting in line at 11:30 - that's more time I can be napping so I can make it through the event. I'm thinking they said you can start lining up at 11:30 was to help with the date of the event. The event I'm gong to is midnight on the 9th - (thursday/ Friday Night). I think it would have been really confusing to some people if they'd said the 9th at midnight.

One of the reasons I bought tickets for the second date was to see how the event goes the evening before. If we don't get let in until 1am I'm not getting in line at 11:30 - that's more time I can be napping so I can make it through the event. I'm thinking they said you can start lining up at 11:30 was to help with the date of the event. The event I'm gong to is midnight on the 9th - (thursday/ Friday Night). I think it would have been really confusing to some people if they'd said the 9th at midnight.

Haha - I woke up this morning suddenly wondering if we even were going to show up at the right night! We’re also signed up for the second night and with the event staring at 1am I suddenly started wondering/fearing that was 1am Thursday morning, not Friday morning like we’ve been thinking.....

I wake up at 530 Monday through Friday to go to work. I work Wednesday. Thursday, the day of the party we will need to be up by 8 to make our flight. There will be the stress of getting to the airport, the crowded flight, finding the transportation to the hotel, getting checked in......

I will likely not get to nap Thursday. I will be at least slightly tired and cranky by the time the party starts. The party better be worth it or I just might take my frustrations out on some poor cast member.

Ok. Now I'm getting confused lol. I'm going on the 8th into the 9th too. Watch me show up a day late. Haha

Ok. Now I'm getting confused lol. I'm going on the 8th into the 9th too. Watch me show up a day late. Haha

lol - never fear. I just had to double check. The second event IS the 8th-9th.

Last edited:
Haha - I woke up this morning suddenly wondering if we even were going to show up at the right night! We’re also signed up for the second night and with the event staring at 1am I suddenly started wondering/fearing that was 1am Thursday morning, not Friday morning like we’ve been thinking.....
I can't tell you how many times I've checked the calendar to make sure I'm coming in the correct day!!

We booked the Disneyland bus to get from LAX to the hotel.

A few days ago I got a "tell us how we did" email from them. I panicked. Figured I booked for July instead of August. Double and triple checked. Even called to make sure I still had a reservation.

Add me in as one of the confused!! It was also a little confusing trying to figure out what to do about a hotel. Decided on a cheap(er) room this time since I would really hate to pay $500 or so for a night I won't be there, but I need it so I can go somewhere and sleep after the event! Flying down the 7th and back the 10th.

And when I was mentioning a meet-up, I totally forgot in that moment that there were 2 separate event dates! Sounds like a lot of us are going the 8th/9th, though.

I'm going the 7/8th event, so I can report back for sure!

I'm wondering though, who should I ask about getting let in early? Guest relations? Or whoever I see during the event check-in at the DLH? Someone else? Because maybe they're not advertising it but maybe we can go in early? I want to know, I'm only going into the parks for this event and on the 6th so it would be nice to be able to get in early on the 7th.

I'm wondering though, who should I ask about getting let in early? Guest relations? Or whoever I see during the event check-in at the DLH? Someone else? Because maybe they're not advertising it but maybe we can go in early? I want to know, I'm only going into the parks for this event and on the 6th so it would be nice to be able to get in early on the 7th.
We will be there the first night too. We were lucky (or maybe unlucky) to have this fall during our trip. We would be happy to meet up before the 2nd party and give people the details and will also report back.

Maybe call to see if anyone has any info about getting in early? I would definitely ask at checkin too.

I don't think this event includes early entry - but I know sometimes when you can get early entry, it isn't advertised very well (for example the Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World, I don't think it said anywhere we could get in at 4, but it is a known fact they let you in at that time - unless I missed it in the fine print). Anyway, I emailed Disney events just to double check - so I'll let you know what I find out. Even if they don't let you in early, I wish they'd do like a discounted ticket add-on or something. I am flying down from Seattle just for the event, then flying home after. I'm not going to buy a full priced day ticket for the few hours before that we'll be there, but if they discounted and it was like $50 or something, I would do that.

I don't think this event includes early entry - but I know sometimes when you can get early entry, it isn't advertised very well (for example the Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World, I don't think it said anywhere we could get in at 4, but it is a known fact they let you in at that time - unless I missed it in the fine print). Anyway, I emailed Disney events just to double check - so I'll let you know what I find out. Even if they don't let you in early, I wish they'd do like a discounted ticket add-on or something. I am flying down from Seattle just for the event, then flying home after. I'm not going to buy a full priced day ticket for the few hours before that we'll be there, but if they discounted and it was like $50 or something, I would do that.

Same sort of, I'm flying down for the event from Portland. I'll be there 2 nights though. A 1 day park hopper is $199!! I got lucky and found an AP who is going to give me one of their buddy passes but it would be really nice to have some kind of discounted something, park add-on, discounted or free parking, discounted hotel rate, etc. Or even if the entire DL park was open, not just a small portion of it.

Last time I went to DLR in April 2017, I went with a CM but I was only able to get into DCA so I haven't been to DL since 2013. I need to ride so many things!

A note to everyone. Today is the last day to remove items from your RSP before they charge you for them. You can add any items that are still available up until the 2nd.

Remove any items before 5pm EASTERN TIME (2pm Disneyland time)

A note to everyone. Today is the last day to remove items from your RSP before they charge you for them. You can add any items that are still available up until the 2nd.

Remove any items before 5pm EASTERN TIME (2pm Disneyland time)
Thank you for the reminder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter