Has the DIS UNPLUGGED podcast gone sour?

SURELY you recognize the irony of the OP getting blasted for sharing their opinion which was precisely her complaining about other people sharing THEIR opinions! LOL
Surely I do not... when you are a public figure or company that puts yourself out there for public consumption then you have to be open to criticism in my humble opinion. Thats like me saying I didnt like Forrest Gump as a movie and me being criticized for it. And again... The podcast means a great deal to me.The movie would be open to criticism because its out there for the public but not me(the consumer) cuz its my opinion. If u think Im way off base here Im totally cool with it lol

And simply saying dont watch then isnt a good response ro the OP. Maybe they have loved loved watching in the past and sees something amiss and wants to continue watching hopefully that something changes.. I honestly think Craig should be on SNL. He would be great!

I only read a few comments on the first page so this response is directed at the OP only.

I completely agree with you. I used to just roll my eyes at the negativity because I am fine with it in doses and I used to work at Disney (CP) so I don’t drink the everything is magic koolaid.

I vacation to Disney as a parent now. We go once a year and sometimes twice. I swear when they do reviews they forget that we have no choice but to eat! Haha. I know Tony’s isn’t great, but I have to feed my kids and they will eat pasta 100% of the time. So I booked it for dinner and it was fine. It’s theme park food! We aren’t all locals that dip in for dinner and blow out. We get it, the coffee is horrible, but what are my choices? I bring my own for the room or I swallow whatever I get from the resorts and get Starbucks in the park. There is an element of real life that is lost in so much of this. I don’t mind the rants about everything else when related to the Disney company, but the things that guests can’t really get around seem to be forgotten.

And between the comments on toy story land and the article about the rose gold going too faro_O I think some people need to realize that not everything in Disney was made for them. As a matter of fact, the majority of it was made for children. So reviewing every single thing negatively that doesn’t directly appeal to a childless man in his 20’s seems to be sort of a waste of time. When I was childless in my 20’s I either enjoyed things or I skipped/ignored. I didn’t clack away on my keyboard about how it wasn’t appealing.

I find myself shutting it off earlier and earlier as time goes on. But I always listen because the sound quality is the best of any Disney podcast and that matters to me. Haha. So good job Craig. And I actually always love Craig’s opinions because they come from a really honest place and he pulls himself out when it’s something that doesn’t appeal to him.

Also, Julie was a much needed addition. Her voice is where I’m coming from and I like having her there. ESPECIALLY during the toy story talk. My kids are going to go and it’s going to blow their minds. Will it knock my socks off? No. But was it built for me? No. It is for the kids who will love it. Those movies came out when I was young and they give me the warm and fuzzies. I can’t wait to buy some alien march and watch my kids have fun among the toys.

In short, I’m with ya. Now I’ll go read the responses.

Posting your opinion in a public forum opens yourself up to the same criticism the OP criticized the DIS team for: sharing their opinion. The internet is a public place. YouTube is a public place. The team on the show is merely doing what they are hired and paid to do: share their opinions. If you don't agree with the opinions, that's totally fine. But they clearly state it each and every show, almost incessantly: "these are merely OUR opinions, PLEASE don't send us nasty email". LOL Pete says that at least 5 times per episode, every episode. :-)

Personally, I am addicted to the cast and crew. They could be talking about landscaping or cooking or nail art and I'd still watch. The personalities are why many of us are here... along with the OPINIONS of the show's cast. If you think I'm way off base here I'm totally cool with it. :-)
I totally disagree that I would open myself up cuz im on a public forum. So if you love Forrest Gump its ok for u to blast me cuz I dont? Nope not acceptable

Gosh. The op is wondering if anyone else feels the same and people have to jump all over it. It’s not exactly a back and forth when someone just bristles at any criticism of the podcasters and says “no,you’re wrong”

See, I'm the exact opposite. I watch more and more now. And their YouTube views and subscribers and watch time are skyrocketing right now, so clearly they are hitting the right target market. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of Disney related youtube channels and podcasts geared toward families and children, but very few geared toward single adults that are Disney fans, and that's what the DIS Unplugged show offers me. A single source can't be everything to everyone all the time. If someone needs information for kids and families, there are metric tons of resources out there. Maybe a Disney podcast that is comprised of a cast of 65% single gay men with fabulous, catty senses of humor isn't the best avenue for information for that person. But as a single gay male, it's EXACTLY what I'm looking for and a very underserved market. Which according to their Youtube and iTunes stats seems to be serving them well. But that's just one guys opinion, for sure.

I totally get that. And it’s clear that they are looking to appeal to whomever finds them appealing. And my life has changed since I became a listener, and I recognize that for sure. There is one person in particular that irks me with the non stop sky is falling everything is wrong attitude. But in general, the guys are who they have always been and I still enjoy them. I miss the ones who made it appeal to me and as more jump on that don’t, it’s making it less interesting to me and I find myself listening to shows that do appeal to me. (And I’m full aware they don’t care either way. Ha)

See, I'm the exact opposite. I watch more and more now. And their YouTube views and subscribers and watch time are skyrocketing right now, so clearly they are hitting the right target market. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of Disney related youtube channels and podcasts geared toward families and children, but very few geared toward single adults that are Disney fans, and that's what the DIS Unplugged show offers me. A single source can't be everything to everyone all the time. If someone needs information for kids and families, there are metric tons of resources out there. Maybe a Disney podcast that is comprised of a cast of 65% single gay men with fabulous, catty senses of humor isn't the best avenue for information for that person. But as a single gay male, it's EXACTLY what I'm looking for and a very underserved market. Which according to their Youtube and iTunes stats seems to be serving them well. But that's just one guys opinion, for sure.

The thing is, though, they USED to offer a much more diverse cast that spoke to the experiences of people with young kids, grown kids, no kids, singles, married couples, etc. The whole point of the original post is lamenting the fact that a lot of these viewpoints have gone away and seemingly been replaced by quite a singular one. This podcast has been on for a LONG time. Why should long time listeners just jump ship instead of asking "what happened?"

The thing is, though, they USED to offer a much more diverse cast that spoke to the experiences of people with young kids, grown kids, no kids, singles, married couples, etc. The whole point of the original post is lamenting the fact that a lot of these viewpoints have gone away and seemingly been replaced by quite a singular one. This podcast has been on for a LONG time. Why should long time listeners just jump ship instead of asking "what happened?"

And as hard as I try, there really isn’t a podcast/blogger/whatever out there that speaks to my situation either. I know there are a lot of options but it’s rare to find one that incorporates the family aspect without having the first timer slant. I’d love a spin off with more parents to join Julie and talk about the parks from that viewpoint. But I just listen to a mix and make it work. Such a hard life, I know ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter