Has anyone bought tickets from "WORKING ADVANTAGE"?

Bessy145

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone:)
First timer here!
My family of 7 is going to WDW on Jan 31, 2014 - COMING UP SOON!
I'm debating on buying my tickets from Working Advantage. They have great prices AND they have a deal right now...5 day ticket with hopper AND with every adult ticket purchase you get a $100 gift card for each ticket. So for us, that is $700 in gift cards from RESTAURANT.COM which allows you to dine in various restaurants in the US.
It seems like a no-brainer!
We are not staying on Disney property so the idea of $700 in restaurant gift cards is very appealing to us.

Please advise if you have any thoughts or knowledge of this site. I am a member of WA through my employer.

Thanks

BTW, this is our first time going to disney with our 5 children!! Crazy Excited!

I've purchased from them before, but it's been a while; at least 6 years. It really made sense when we were staying off-site.

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Did you get the same deal (with the restaurant.com gift card)?
Did everything work as it was advertised?

I would feel so much better if I know other families have used this company. The ticket price is so close to undercover tourist... the restaurant gift cards are just an added bonus.

The gift card is from restaurant.com. I am a member of Working Advantage but I have never bought tickets from them. It seems like a good deal but I would be interested in what others have to say about their experience.

Have not purchased from working advantage but have bought from Rest.com. $700 would last me 3 or 4 years. You can only use one certificate per month at each rest.
If you buy a $50 certificate you have to spend $100 to use it. I usually buy $25 cert. and have to spend $35 some places its $50. So with tip if place is not to expensive costs me $17. or so. You have to read fine print some are only dine in, some are dinner only, some are 2 entrees.
They also have certificates on sale a lot which you can not get the sale price with a gift certificate.
If it was me unless the tickets themselves were a great deal I wouldnt bother. Make sure the price you see includes all fees and taxes. I have read on here that some places tack charges on at checkout.

I have bought Disneyland tickets through Working Advantage before without issue. I did not get that deal, though. I have also tried using the restaurant.com certificates and it is not as easy as they make it seem. I would not expect to get $700 in value out of it.

I agree about the restaurant.com gift cards. They are difficult to use and in our area at least, have a lot of restrictions. I have received them for free before for signing up for such and such service and some I have just never spent cause it wasn't worth the hassle.

Restaurant.com certificates are pretty much worthless. The go on sale for 90% off and I still can't find a reason to buy one.

When I purchased from WA, I think I got a 7 day ticket for the price of a 4 day. That was a decent discount.

When I compared them to Undercover Tourist through the Mousesavers link I found them to be ever so slightly more expensive than UT once I clicked through to checkout. They don't add the tax until you're checking out.

I don't see the restaurant.com offer.

Thank you for the input...working advantage sounds perfectly fine...restaurant.com sounds pretty bad. The deal was only for the hopper ticket, 5 day. I have not looked today though.

Is it worth waiting till jan 15th to see if mouse savers is going to send a discount for UT tickets??? I guess the send a newsletter out with discounts on the 15th of every month?

Thanks!

I agree with the previous poster who said that Undercover Tourist with the Mousesavers code has been cheaper in the past when I've checked prices.

The restaurant.com gift certificates won't be worth much at all. You can typically purchase $25 off $50 coupon (they call it a gift certificate) for $5 or less so there isn't really much value.

I have used restaurant.com and like them for local places where you are familiar with the restaurant and know what you will spend. However like other posters mentioned, a $100 certificate can be had for $20 at least sometime each month and occasionally cheaper with discount codes that come out every few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter