• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Independence Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... This thread is the most representative of us as a country right now (where is that eye rolling emoji?). Yay America!
Right now? Our Country was formed divided -purposely knowing that there was no way 300,000,000 would ever totally agree. Disagreement is nothing to fret about, it’s part of what makes the Country great! I love people that don’t think like me -how else would I ever learn or expand my horizons. Maybe that’s what people should think about today …just a suggestion of course! 😂

Why let it affect you? You want to celebrate, so celebrate. Even off the dis, you’re never going to get 100% agreement about anything.
It’s just the country in general. If someone celebrates, your criticized. If you don’t, your criticized. We hear arguments more and more every year in this country and I’m just tired of seeing/hearing it. I just accept it being a part of life now.

It’s just the country in general. If someone celebrates, your criticized. If you don’t, your criticized. We hear arguments more and more every year in this country and I’m just tired of seeing/hearing it. I just accept it being a part of life now.

I can understand how that would be very frustrating and overwhelming. Maybe you just need to adjust your expectations a bit, and realize there are going to be many, many opinions on everything under the sun.

Right now? Our Country was formed divided -purposely knowing that there was no way 300,000,000 would ever totally agree. Disagreement is nothing to fret about, it’s part of what makes the Country great! I love people that don’t think like me -how else would I ever learn or expand my horizons. Maybe that’s what people should think about today …just a suggestion of course! 😂
I mean, arguing about arguing kind is kind of a silly application but okay.

• Haha
Reactions: GAN
Buzz …go enjoy your cake! The thread didn’t turn out the way YOU intended, it turned out the way the FOUNDING FATHERS intended …😂. The answer is right in front of you. Democracy!

I made the thread to bring joy. I try to avoid politics every holiday. But today I just figured out that it’s going to be nearly impossible. We can’t just have one day of joy. I’m sorry if this thread has brought sadness, frustration or discomfort to any Disboarders. That was never my intention. ☹️
Unfortunately, I think that you contributed to the direction of the thread. If you just let people say their piece without continuously confronting them this would have been more of the kind of thread you wanted.

I understand. I’m just sad. I don’t even want to eat the flag cake I made earlier to celebrate. I learned my lesson. I won’t be posting holiday threads anymore.

I just read my Good Housekeeping. Had a great story about expressing gratitude, even in the small things, makes you happier.

So, I thank you for the well-wishes on this great founding day of our nation. And I hope you enjoy the lovely cake - maybe the fact it turned out so well can be that something small to be grateful for (and you can post a pic:))!

I have also struggled today; however, reading the following helped!

https://steady.substack.com/p/happy-fourth?r=osxgg&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

"But today, this year, the unity of our nation, its destiny, its self-confidence, the self-evidence of its truths are being pulled apart by forces of such strength that many wonder whether our nation, “so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.”

"The United States of America is and always has been an idea more than a place. Yes, we are rooted in our past, but just as importantly, America is about the dreams of our future. I have borne witness to too much heroism and courage to not celebrate what this nation has been and can be in the future."

"I honor it as a day of struggle, and the struggle endures. I recognize it as a day of reflection on how fragile our rights and democracy are. But I also see it as a day to acknowledge how far we have come and how far we can go."

I just read my Good Housekeeping. Had a great story about expressing gratitude, even in the small things, makes you happier.

So, I thank you for the well-wishes on this great founding day of our nation. And I hope you enjoy the lovely cake - maybe the fact it turned out so well can be that something small to be grateful for (and you can post a pic:))!
This was the recipe I followed:

I have a very heavy heart with current events in these not so United States right now.

I did do some visiting this weekend, ate a hamburger, and attended a fireworks show Friday night. And we hung our Americana decor outside. And I'm outside listening to more fireworks in the neighborhood than I ever remember.

But there's still a cloud over the celebratory sense this year.

I am reminded of Johnny Cash's Ragged Old Flag.

I do have a glimmer of hope that a corner can be turned.

As people who care about keeping our states united we have to find our middle ground and compromise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter