Happy Birthday October Exercise Challenge

Good morning, and happy Sunday!

50 minutes for me (about 2 1/2 hrs walking around the zoo, divided by 3 to account for stopping at exhibits) = 205/520

Team total stands at 2,244 and 19% :cheer2:

Today's Disney birthday (10/11) belongs to Joan Cusack, the voice of Jessie:

Happy Monday (and if you have off work, happy whatever holiday you're celebrating!)

For the 12th, we're jumping to January, and Mater from Cars:

Some Mater Trivia

Mater is the only character in the Cars franchise with crooked teeth.

None of the characters, not even Mater himself, use his first name: Towbert.

During the credits' roll of Cars 2, Mater's passport scrolls past. His birth date is listed on it as January 12, 1957. This would mean Mater was 49 years old in the first movie.

During the last section of the World Grand Prix, Mater is described as the world's greatest backwards driver.

Head of story and co-director Joe Ranft got the inspiration of Mater after seeing an old abandoned rusty tow truck during a research trip to Route 66. The character was named after and partly based on Douglas "Mater" Keever, a racing fan the Pixar team met during their research trips, and also draws inspiration from several other people the team encountered.

Mater's name has been changed in many other language dubs:
In Spanish and Portuguese, he is called "Mate".
In French, he is called "Martin".
In Polish, Mater is called "Złomek" (z-wom-eh-k).
In German, he is called "Hook".
In Dutch, he is called "Takel".
In Italian, he is called "Carl Attrezzi", or by his nickname "Cricchetto".
In Swedish, he is called "Bärgarn", which suits him since he is a tow truck.
In Japanese, he is called "メーター" (me-ta-).
In Mandarin (Taiwan), he is called "拖線".
In Mandarin (China), he is called "板牙".
In Cantonese, he is called "哨牙嘜".
In Danish, he is called "Bumle".
In Bulgarian, he is called Матю (Matthew).
In Hungarian, he is called Matuka.
In Russian, he is called "Мэтр" (metre).
In Finnish, he is called "Martti".

Trivia from ~ https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Mater

I have absolutely no minutes from the weekend. I have to get moving again!!

There is someone in a neighborhood near us who has a replica Mater in their front yard. It's actually quite cute.

So it’s about halfway through the month and I’m up to 740/1860. I was going really well with the occasional day short of the goal offset by some good weekend hikes. This week has been very busy at work and some outside of work too. Hopefully I’ll work out how to manage that and move more soon.

Good morning, everyone!

25 minutes for me, 230/520
and congrats to ozliz and the team on turning occasion orange!! 🎃 :tigger: 🎃

For our birthday today, we’re looking back to the 14th of January, which is the birthday of one of the giraffes at Animal Kingdom:

Last edited:
Happy Thursday, everyone! No new minutes for me, and no color changes since yesterday, but the team total is up to 3,590!! :cheer2:

Today's birthday (jumping a month ahead to the 15th of November) is Bill Melendez. You may know him best as an animator on the Peanuts cartoons (and voice of Snoopy himself!) but did you know he got his start at Disney? -

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006837/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_trv_sm#trivia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!