Happy about alcohol policy!!

I am actually ambivalent about the change. It bothers me that people are discussing violating the rule. I posted the DIS thread on sneaking in alcohol on the DCL FB page.

I will not smuggle alcohol. I am a rules-monger, and even though I don't like DCL's change, I will abide by it. I will bring 4 bottles of carefully selected wines, no more.

Now, my parents are another story. They cruise several time per year on various lines and sneak alcohol onto all of them. They don't care if their stuff gets confiscated, they can just buy more. They have already advised me that they will be taking their normal route, now that DCL has tightened its policy. Do what you want to me, Disney, but only a madman would step between my parents and their cocktails!

The change doesn't affect me too much but that is mostly because I don't have room in my carryon for more than two bottles of wine. Plus I like to check out wines/cocktails that are different than what I can get at home. But to think that people who enjoy a few drinks each day while on vacation are winos, is a little absurd. And to say that people shouldn't drink in front of their kids... you raise your kids how you feel is best and I will raise mine the way I see fit...

My 16-year-old niece and 17-year-old nephew were offered "the drink of the day" numerous times on our cruise (they didn't ask for it - they were offered it by a CM/bartender).

Not all Drinks of the Day are alcoholic. They offer a non-alcoholic Drink of the Day also.

The drinks that they were offered (at least when I was around) were definitely alcoholic drinks.

At one of the Captain greets where they hand out free drinks, DS15 was offered a drink. When he said "yes", the server (who had alcohol) called for a different server who had the non-alcoholic drinks. They do check IDs.

At one of the Captain greets where they hand out free drinks, DS15 was offered a drink. When he said "yes", the server (who had alcohol) called for a different server who had the non-alcoholic drinks. They do check IDs.

Not for my niece and nephew. They were offered and given alcoholic drinks (on more than one occasion). No ID checked. I understand that this differs from your experience, but it does match that of others I have read about.

To be clear. Two underage passengers were offered alcoholic drinks on three separate occasions. They were not offered non-alcoholic versions. They were not asked for ID. They did not request the drinks. They also did not drink the drinks (the second two occasions were intercepted by family members and the kids didn't get the drinks).

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter