Happy about alcohol policy!!

The changes have actually made me finally consider a vacation with DCL. My wife and I don't drink at all and find being around people consuming large amounts of alcohol annoying. So for use this is a definite plus, we are now thinking of adding a 4 night Bahamas cruise to our WDW trip next OCT.

If you think you're not going to see alcohol, just b/c of this change (have you actually noticed how much wine and beer people can bring on, especially with a port-intensive cruise?), you're kidding yourself.

Remember, I still haven't seen anyone out of control on a Disney cruise, but there is alcohol EVERYWHERE.

But now DCL Bar staff will have more control, and stop selling any one booze if they look drunk.

They are supposed to do that now. They don't.

So DCL say to staff the policy is, "Do not sell to any cruiser who would appear to be drunk/ and/ or/ call an officer. "

Because Disney is so good at enforcing the policies they have? Bwa ha ha.

If you think you're not going to see alcohol, just b/c of this change (have you actually noticed how much wine and beer people can bring on, especially with a port-intensive cruise?), you're kidding yourself.

Remember, I still haven't seen anyone out of control on a Disney cruise, but there is alcohol EVERYWHERE.

They are supposed to do that now. They don't.
Because Disney is so good at enforcing the policies they have?
Bwa ha ha.

Actually they do, keeping below 18s out of the adult area, ( my cruise this month), only serving booze to 18 - 21 yo with parents permission. Pulling towels off unused sunbeds....etc. etc.

Actually they do, keeping below 18s out of the adult area, ( my cruise this month), only serving booze to 18 - 21 yo with parents permission. Pulling towels off unused sunbeds....etc. etc.

My 16-year-old niece and 17-year-old nephew were offered "the drink of the day" numerous times on our cruise (they didn't ask for it - they were offered it by a CM/bartender). So, no, they aren't any good at enforcing the rules now.

Nor have I ever seen them pull towels off the unused sunbeds and you don't have to look far to see stories of children in the adult areas.

Do they enforce the rules sometimes? Sure. All the time (or even often)? Nope.

My 16-year-old niece and 17-year-old nephew were offered "the drink of the day" numerous times on our cruise (they didn't ask for it - they were offered it by a CM/bartender). So, no, they aren't any good at enforcing the rules now.

Nor have I ever seen them pull towels off the unused sunbeds and you don't have to look far to see stories of children in the adult areas.

What was your ship? Mine was the Magic this month? Yes there is the chance different cruises have different enforcement.

Haven't seen them do that. Glad you have.

And plenty have seen under-18s in adult areas. Glad you haven't.

Not serving alcohol is a law thing, not a policy thing.

Yep.

And they told my 17 year old son off when he accidentally walked in the Adult cove pool area, ( just walking through), he was there a minute, ( was wrong) a female officer told him off.

Exactly.

And they told my 17 year old son off when he accidentally walked in the Adult cove pool area, ( just walking through), he was there a minute, ( was wrong) a female officer told him off.

So they enforced it for your one child that one time. Excellent. So glad.

Doesn't mean they always do it.

See SirDuff; their underaged (even for Europe) kids were offered alcohol. So they aren't even following the legal requirements.

Exactly.

So they enforced it for your one child that one time. Excellent. So glad.

Doesn't mean they always do it.

See SirDuff; their underaged (even for Europe) kids were offered alcohol. So they aren't even following the legal requirements.

and, it doesn't mean they always do not do it, are you on every cruise taking notes?

We experienced the same on our Alaska cruise. My underage son and his underage friend also were offered drinks. One of the kids in Vibe ordered a virgin drink and was given an alcoholic drink. :sad2:

Certain posters really need to stop acting like they are a representative of DCL. Please stop spouting off your experiences and OPINIONS of what should/shouldn't happen as fact. You do not work in employment for DCL. You are not privy to DCL employment contracts, rules and regulations, etc. Laws in the country you are from do not apply to a Bahamian flagged vessel.

and, it doesn't mean they always do not do it, are you on every cruise taking notes?

Of course it doesn't mean that they "always do not do it". Neither Bumber nor I said it did. You, however, claimed there would be no problem with people over indulging because the new rules mean that people will bring on less alcohol and that DCL staff wouldn't let people get "sloshed" on alcohol purchased on board. The multiple examples of DCL staff not enforcing rules shows that your statement isn't correct. On the other hand, a few examples of them enforcing the rules does not back up your claim (only consistent enforcement of the rules would).

Oh if only I were! While DCL isn't my line of choice, I like being at sea. :)

Anyway...

If one person says they enforce their rules, that seems to mean they enforce them all the time.

There is an instance or two given of them enforcing a rule or two. Yay! I'm very glad they enforced a rule!

But many others have opposite experiences.

That means...they don't enforce a policy of enforcing their policies.

That means that one instance of them not enforcing policies does not equal "they enforce their policies".

No one here has said that they NEVER enforce policies. Obviously we can't, because we have been given examples of them enforcing them!

But one cannot say that they ALWAYS enforce policies. Because they don't.

I don't see the issue with Disney trying to make more money they are a business and as I said above I think those that the policy affects should be able to opt out even if past paid in full date

Disney is a business like any other business. They have the right to change their policies whenever they wish. This is no different than your airline upping your baggage fee or charging you a last minute fuel surcharge, even though you purchased your ticket months ago. And griping about this here and to Disney will not change anything. The only thing that will cause Disney to reverse its decision is if enough people show their displeasure with their wallets. As with any other retailer and service provider, if you do not get enough perceived value from their products, you do not purchase it. And if enough people stop purchasing a product or service, then the supply of that product or service will exceed the demand. When that happens, a company will change its product to make it more attractive to buyers.

Disney is a business like any other business. They have the right to change their policies whenever they wish. This is no different than your airline upping your baggage fee or charging you a last minute fuel surcharge, even though you purchased your ticket months ago. And griping about this here and to Disney will not change anything. The only thing that will cause Disney to reverse its decision is if enough people show their displeasure with their wallets. As with any other retailer and service provider, if you do not get enough perceived value from their products, you do not purchase it. And if enough people stop purchasing a product or service, then the supply of that product or service will exceed the demand. When that happens, a company will change its product to make it more attractive to buyers.

The difference I see with that example is that when the airlines have changed their luggage fees, they grandfather in people that have already purchased tickets. It has happened to me two or three times and always it was stated that if you purchased your ticket before the change, you would pay the fee that was in affect when you bought the ticket (not the new fee). That is good customer service.
Disney has chosen to say screw you to all the people that are already paid in full on their cruise and raised the fees (in this case, alcohol budgets) for people that have already paid. That is poor customer service.
And of course, since I'm already PIF, I no longer have the ability to not purchase it.

Certain posters really need to stop acting like they are a representative of DCL. Please stop spouting off your experiences and OPINIONS of what should/shouldn't happen as fact. You do not work in employment for DCL. You are not privy to DCL employment contracts, rules and regulations, etc. Laws in the country you are from do not apply to a Bahamian flagged vessel.

Well said.

I tried on another thread to say something similar, and it just came out as angry drivel lol

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter