HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sherry!

Found the answer to my question while I was in the park this weekend. I spoke to a plaid CM and he stated that the DAS cards are still used during the party.

More importantly, I had guest confirm this information. She attended the first party and had no issues.

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pumpkin Pandemonium Rundown -- from The Impulsive Buy:

1. Pumpkin Bread (not sure of brand)
2. Quaker Real Medleys Caramel Apple Oatmeal
3. Brach's S'mores Caramels, Candy Corn Gummies, Apple Caramel Royals and other tooth decaying treats

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

The CMs are pretty consistent at handing out three pieces of candy at a time. I was talking with a CM who said she had just finished going through the MHP training and they're told to hand out three per time. The bags had an ad for Sleeping Beauty on side and Big Hero Six on the other side. They're pretty much the same size as last year (about 9” tall, by 7” wide, by 3” deep).

I also just noticed that the Wednesday, October 8th party is showing as sold out! I'll update the tracking post to reflect that both 10/14 and 10/8 are now sold out.

:rotfl2: I just had to laugh about 10/8 selling out. I always say that my timing is the absolute worst in these areas. I can literally go to the DLR website and comb every possible area, looking for bits of new info or vague clues about the holidays or Halloween Time and come up with nothing. And then, within 15 minutes, someone will post and say, "Hey, such-and-such is on the DLR website!" :rotfl2:

I was literally on the DLR website, checking the MHP calendar to see if any new dates had sold out since Friday (which is when 10/14 showed up as sold out), about 60 minutes ago. There was nothing new showing at all. No 10/8 sellouts. So, that should have been a clear sign to me that something would be popping up within minutes, which it did!:rotfl2::rotfl2: When I saw your post about the 10/8 sellout, I thought, "Of course it's showing as sold out NOW.":rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you for all of the details and info about the MHP, figment_jii! I know that I and everyone else in this thread really appreciate it. There are many people who are anxiously awaiting news of all early MHPs so they know what to expect when their own MHP rolls around.

I had no idea that there was special MHP training! And I had no idea that they are instructed to give out 3 pieces of candy! I wonder if that is a new rule for the CMs, as they were handing out more than 3 pieces in the past.

It makes sense, though, because I suspect a lot of the candy goes to waste, and the more they can do to limit the amount of waste, the better (plus, they spend less money on buying candy if they limit what they give out). People will take the pieces they don't want -- especially if they get an abundance of it -- and set them aside on a table, or on top of a trashcan, or drop them on the ground. Then it becomes trash. The CMs can't take randomly placed candy and put it back in their stash to give out on future nights, as they have no idea what may have been done to that candy since it was taken from the treat stations (it could have been tampered with). Once it leaves their eyesight and treat stations it's trash if it ends up put out anywhere else.

People will still discard the pieces they don't want, of course, but at least if there is a limit to how much candy they get there should be less overall waste (and less money wasted in the process).

So Duffy was taken out of the Cavalcade too? Wow! I knew that Duffy had been kicked out of his photo spot in DCA, but I didn't know that all traces of him were being removed.

I'll add a link to your scanned map in the MHP FAQ post a bit later (not that anyone is checking that post, but it will help to have it there for next year!).

I had no idea that there was special MHP training! And I had no idea that they are instructed to give out 3 pieces of candy! I wonder if that is a new rule for the CMs, as they were handing out more than 3 pieces in the past.
I didn't either until a CM in the Port Royal shop was mentioning it on Friday. She was saying she'd be working the parties next week (this week now) and had just finished up the training. During the party, I did also hear one CM ask another CM if they were starting to hand out five pieces yet, so it might depend on the time of the night and how big are the crowds.

So Duffy was taken out of the Cavalcade too? Wow! I knew that Duffy had been kicked out of his photo spot in DCA, but I didn't know that all traces of him were being removed.
Even his merchandise is starting to disappear! No Agent P costume, but I did see the new Donald one and few of the HalloweenTime outfits. Overall, there is very little Duffy left in the parks. Mostly it's in the show next to Showcase in DL and the one by his old meet and greet in DCA. Poor Duffy!

A quick post-party update...

7. The AP treat trail (Mr. Lincoln's waiting area) is worth visiting. They've giving out Big Hero 6 drawstring bags and a special treat. You can only through once.
!

Hi - Can you please clarify for me....as I was studying the map and our plan of attack over my morning coffee I saw there is a treat station on main street but is this a separate Annual Pass Holder Treat Trail? Do you think its worth it to go from toontown pre party back up to the front of the park to go through this one?

This is our first DL party since its been at DL, we did CA years back. We have been at WDW MNSSHP for the last 3 but school is getting in the way of our disney fun. But we decided to do the halloween type stuff and less rides through the party this is a new plan.

Ok I also saw something about a sally coffin cake sounds really interesting - not sure where to find.

We are going on Oct 20, for DD 8 bday and our 9 year anniversary - I scored on a Minnie Mouse Dress at Goodwill so us girls went from being pirates with DH and DS6 to being matching Minnies - my daughter is so excited to match mommy....

Thanks for your time!

Hi - Can you please clarify for me....as I was studying the map and our plan of attack over my morning coffee I saw there is a treat station on main street but is this a separate Annual Pass Holder Treat Trail? Do you think its worth it to go from toontown pre party back up to the front of the park to go through this one?
There are two treat trail locations on Main Street, plus the Annual Passholder treat location. The first treat trail is in Town Square opposite of the Villains meet and greet area. If you like Werther's Caramels, they have those at that trail. The second trail is in the movie house, across from the Emporium. The Annual Passholder Location is in the Mr. Lincoln waiting area and is worth going to. All three locations are open throughout the party, so you don't have to go right at opening.

Ok I also saw something about a sally coffin cake sounds really interesting - not sure where to find.
It's at the French Market in New Orleans Square.

JoRo --

The Sally Coffin Cake is at the French Market.

:banana::banana:

I wanted to remind everyone that the reservations for Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen's Haunted House Building/Gingerbread Workshop open today!!

Act quickly because there are only 2 days on which this Haunted Gingerbread Workshop takes place -- October 25th and 26th -- and the seats will fill up quickly.

You can find the ticket information -- HERE.

Links to reviews and photos of the Workshop can also be found -- HERE.

:banana:

WHAT?!?! Where has Duffy gone?!?! I'm a huge Duffy fan... Will be sooooo disappointed if he's nowhere to be found anymore. At WDW in January he still had a pretty large presence...

I have to wait untill Saturday to get my ticket for the party on the 27th. I hope that is one of the last days to sell out. I have noticed that the 30th has not sold out yet.

We are going tomorrow....so excited!!!

Just a few prep questions....

Can anyone confirm Wendy and/or Smee were out at the Pirate greet location?

Was Darth Vader seen, or just Stormtroopers?

Ok, I know I have more, can't think of them now...too excited!!!

Any tips for meeting the villains? We need Frollo, Hades, Jafar, Lady Tremaine (not necessary tomorrow, we'll be going just for her next week) , and the Shadow Man (he was out, right?). We're their lines super long? And they rotate out, so how many are out at once?

We leave 3 weeks from tomorrow for our Halloween trip and 2 MHP's!!:cool1:

I'm wondering if there are a few movies we should watch so we recognize all the villains. I know I want to watch NBC again so I have that fresh in my mind, but are there other villains around during MHP that we might not know right away? Is there a list of villains that show up during MHP?

I'm so excited to hear trip reports from MHP's! Thank you to those of you who have shared from the first party!:thumbsup2

[

It makes sense, though, because I suspect a lot of the candy goes to waste, and the more they can do to limit the amount of waste, the better (plus, they spend less money on buying candy if they limit what they give out). People will take the pieces they don't want -- especially if they get an abundance of it -- and set them aside on a table, or on top of a trashcan, or drop them on the ground. Then it becomes trash. The CMs can't take randomly placed candy and put it back in their stash to give out on future nights, as they have no idea what may have been done to that candy since it was taken from the treat stations (it could have been tampered with). Once it leaves their eyesight and treat stations it's trash if it ends up put out anywhere else.

People will still discard the pieces they don't want, of course, but at least if there is a limit to how much candy they get there should be less overall waste (and less money wasted in the process).

Not only that, but it seemed that if a person even touches a piece of candy it needs to be set aside. At the first treat station my son grabbed one of the graham cracker fish then put it down. The CM went to set it behind the bin so it was trashed. I said I'd take it since I didn't have one yet, so it wasn't wasted. I had to talk to my son about asking for the healthy treats after that, he didn't understand how it worked.

I guess it was only 3 pieces per station but it still seemed like a lot. We only did about half the trails and after the first couple we needed to buy a big treat bag to hold it all. Our tote bag was more than half full by the end of the night.

For whoever asked, we saw 2 tote bag styles. 1 was the flaming Mickey head with flashing lights. I got the same logo in a shirt and pin for my DH. The other was a Minnie bag with dark colors, and slightly smaller.

Does anyone know what the Frozen photo opp by Small World is? (It's listed in the scanned map)

There were two scenes you could be photographed in front of. There seemed to be several magic shots available. The line led you through both scenes so I suspect you'd end up with about 6 different shots.
We waited in a short line then at the last minute my 5yo decided he "doesn't like pictures" so we didn't get any taken there. It looked cute, I would have loved to see how the magic shots turned out.

Okay, I am starting to stress about the day of the CHoc walk....will it make the parks unmanageable? Throughout the day? :confused3

It is sort of late for me to be asking now as we are going tomorrow, but are the Photo pass photographers out during MHP? and, has anyone seen the Storm Troopers (or Troppers) this year? Last year we waited where they were "supposed" to be and they never showed up. This year all 6 of us are going in Star Wars costume and it would be great to get a picture with them.

It is sort of late for me to be asking now as we are going tomorrow, but are the Photo pass photographers out during MHP? and, has anyone seen the Storm Troopers (or Troppers) this year? Last year we waited where they were "supposed" to be and they never showed up. This year all 6 of us are going in Star Wars costume and it would be great to get a picture with them.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Troppers! Who can forget that horrible error from the former MHP Map? I think it said "Strom Troppers"!:rotfl2:

There are PhotoPass photographers out during the party -- that much I know. Hopefully figment_jii or someone who went to the Friday party will be able to answer about the "Troppers"!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

P.S. "Strom Troppers" was almost as good/bad as the "Tinkle Bell" that appeared on the DLR website in 2012, in the section describing the Secret of the Wings-themed ice rink!:rotfl2:

WHAT?!?! Where has Duffy gone?!?! I'm a huge Duffy fan... Will be sooooo disappointed if he's nowhere to be found anymore. At WDW in January he still had a pretty large presence...
Sorry, but there is very little Duffy left in DLR. Just a few bits of merchandise left, but that's about it.

Can anyone confirm Wendy and/or Smee were out at the Pirate greet location?
I'm pretty sure I saw Wendy with Peter Pan. I only walked by once, so I don't know who else was out there in alternate sets.

Any tips for meeting the villains? We need Frollo, Hades, Jafar, Lady Tremaine (not necessary tomorrow, we'll be going just for her next week) , and the Shadow Man (he was out, right?). We're their lines super long? And they rotate out, so how many are out at once?
The standard set is three villains at a time at MHP. The first set was Facilier, Maleficent, and Cruella (I also saw Cruella out during non-party hours). Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters wandered around Town Square for a bit at the start of the party, but I think they left fairly soon thereafter. Later in the evening, I saw the Evil Queen, Jafar, and Hades in a set. The next set was the Queen of Hearts, Frollo, and the Termaines.

When you say "Shadow Man", do you mean Jack Skellington? He was out both during the party and during normal park hours in New Orleans Square. He was frequently meeting guests with Sally, though not always.

I'm wondering if there are a few movies we should watch so we recognize all the villains. I know I want to watch NBC again so I have that fresh in my mind, but are there other villains around during MHP that we might not know right away? Is there a list of villains that show up during MHP?
There is no published list, so you'll have to rely on the villains mentioned by folks who have gone. The ones I saw were mostly the familiar ones, but I suppose Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame) is one of the less familiar/common ones.

rigdisney - Unfortunately there is no selling or requesting for tickets allowed on this board. Please see Sherry's more detailed response in this post.

Okay, I am starting to stress about the day of the CHoc walk....will it make the parks unmanageable? Throughout the day? :confused3
CHOC walk will definitely impact the crowds in the parks. I would plan on a day with very high crowds and go with the expectations of long lines.

I know there were Photopass photographers with the villains and the Phineas & Ferb characters, so I would guess that they're available for all of the meet and greets during MHP. I don't recall seeing the Stormtroopers, but I wasn't looking for them either (I didn't go to Star Tours during the party, so I probably just missed them). They're listed on the map, so I would hope that they were out and about.

I saw Storm Troopers out near the Star Wars store (outside Star Tours) during the party. It was cute because there were some kids in Storm Trooper costumes and they were playing around with them. I did not see a line, just a couple handlers directing them. This was just after the first Cavalcade on Friday night.

Then on Sunday I saw them coming out from near Plaza Inn, I assume to go back out to the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter