Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We skipped the photo op, too, since it looked to be the same one as last year, but without the fog machine. We ended up waiting over an hour -- CMs were pretty accurate about estimating the wait time -- and were grateful for the a/c once we got inside the building!

Regarding characters: Jack and Sally start an hour after park opening, at least that's what I was told this morning. Frollo was on the app for my Android, but not for iPhone. Maleficent is really a bit crazy, she even had 2 security guards when I found her today. I also walked into Caotain Phasma which delighted me almost more.

The ghosts are definitely only on Friday to Monday. Checked both Wednesday and Thursday and nothing. They came out closer to 6 pm yesterday and today because 'it wasn't dark enough for the seance to commence' earlier. Yesterday were Constance and Sally, today Sally and Hitchhiking Ghosts. Lines for the Ghosts were crazy. They were basically begging people to go and see Sally.

As for random sightings, Foulfellow has been out and about. Gideon was at Plaza yesterday.

WHAT, the ghosts?! I am a Haunted Mansion fool. I need as much info as possible 🤣 Thank you in advance for any help you can give. Friday is our last park day.

WHAT, the ghosts?! I am a Haunted Mansion fool. I need as much info as possible 🤣 Thank you in advance for any help you can give. Friday is our last park day.

That area where Jack and Sally meet throughout the day? Around 6pm Monday to Friday a seance will begin with ghosts from the Haunted Mansion meeting. Friday the Bride and Parasol Girl were alternating, yesterday Parasol Girl and the Hitchhiking Ghosts, today the bride and the ghosts.

I'm attaching a photo. Photopass malfunctioned, but it actually looks kind of cool

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_224739.jpg
    IMG_20190915_224739.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 88
That area where Jack and Sally meet throughout the day? Around 6pm Monday to Friday a seance will begin with ghosts from the Haunted Mansion meeting. Friday the Bride and Parasol Girl were alternating, yesterday Parasol Girl and the Hitchhiking Ghosts, today the bride and the ghosts.

I'm attaching a photo. Photopass malfunctioned, but it actually looks kind of cool

I don’t know where Jack and Sally meet (I am an East coast girl, WDW is home turf) but I will figure it out!

Thank you! I am super excited. We are here all week, 4 day hoppers and one day at Oogie Boogie so plenty of opportunity. Squeal! Hahaha

Edited to add, I am very familiar with the parks themselves just not the details about things like this. I know my way around without a map and will figure this out! :)

What is this AP Gift? I’ve never been an AP holder before but most likely will be getting a FlexPass ~Oct 20th. Does that entitle me to get anything? Or have the opportunity to buy something unique? Is there likely there would still be stock that deep into the Halloween season?

I’ll have a friend with me from the 21st onward that isn’t likely to want to burn time in like for something like this, so Sunday the 20th will be my only option.

Where did you read that? We've had safety pins somewhere or other on just about every costume we've worn to just about every party! The pins were hidden, but never caused any trouble. And I always bring in my "emergency repair kit" (safety pins, double sided tape, band aids, etc.), and security has never had any issues with that. How large is your safety pin? Unless it is unusually large or scary looking (could it be used as a weapon?), I doubt anyone will even notice it.
If I am remembering correctly, the context was someone who was attaching Ursula tentacles to a skirt with safety pins. ??? I'm very happy to be wrong, but I didn't want the public embarrassment of upsetting security. Thanks so much!

Can’t believe the parties are starting tomorrow!!

Are lockers available during party hours? I might get one at DCA since I’ll be at the park for a long time. They don’t close them off when the park closes for regular guests?

I'm hoping that it'll be the same as it was in DL. We rented a locker in the morning and had access to it all day, including until the end of the party.

Are lockers available during party hours? I might get one at DCA since I’ll be at the park for a long time. They don’t close them off when the park closes for regular guests?

I have done an after hours event at DCA for DVC and the lockers were available from opening to the end of the party.

My 4 year old wants to wear his storm trooper costume (disney store item) but it has a mask ... I'm assuming that would not be allowed? The "eyes must be visible" is fine but it is really a full face covering?

I don’t know where Jack and Sally meet (I am an East coast girl, WDW is home turf) but I will figure it out!

Thank you! I am super excited. We are here all week, 4 day hoppers and one day at Oogie Boogie so plenty of opportunity. Squeal! Hahaha

Edited to add, I am very familiar with the parks themselves just not the details about things like this. I know my way around without a map and will figure this out! :)

As PP mentioned, the Haunted Mansion characters meet on weekend evenings where Jack & Sally meet during the day, which is in NOS in the nook between the two gift shops Pieces of Eight and Port Royal Curios (it’s where Red (the old Red) the Fortune Teller Pirate is). But they only meet Friday to Monday. They started when Halloweentime officially began and the past two weekends have had the same pattern. They start at 5:30 (but I recommend getting there sooner because the line is already long by the time 5:30 rolls around). There are two meets that rotate each night. On Friday its been Sally and Constance. On Saturday its been Sally and the Hitchhiking Ghosts. On Sunday its been Constance and the Hitchiking Ghosts. I haven’t been there on either the past two Mondays so I don’t know the grouping on Mondays, but the past two weekend groupings Friday-Sunday have been the same. But if you go there in the morning when Jack & Sally meet and ask one of the CMs there, they’ve always been great and have checked their printed schedule and can tell you for sure who is scheduled for that evening. They just don’t know which one comes out first at 5:30. Each set is around 45 minutes and they rotate throughout the evening.

Last edited:
Are you okay with security making you alter it at bag check? People have reported in past Halloween Time threads that they were made to alter their costumes before being allowed through bag check. It doesn't seem to happen very often, but we do get reports here. You might get through without any problem, but just in case a CM stops you, would you be able to shorten it right there?

I should be able to lift the cape a smidge higher with the big button clasp that Bo has on hers it’s def workable on site at least I think so lol

My 4 year old wants to wear his storm trooper costume (disney store item) but it has a mask ... I'm assuming that would not be allowed? The "eyes must be visible" is fine but it is really a full face covering?
My son wore a storm trooper costume last year with the normal accompanying mask with no problem. I ended up carrying the mask and gloves quite a bit...so make sure you have a backpack with you 😊

What about a small magnet, is that allowed?
It's how I intend to attach my Giggle McDimples to my costume at the shoulder for her to stay on...

As PP mentioned, the Haunted Mansion characters meet on weekend evenings where Jack & Sally meet during the day, which is in NOS in the nook between the two gift shops Pieces of Eight and Port Royal Curios (it’s where Red (the old Red) the Fortune Teller Pirate is). But they only meet Friday to Monday. They started when Halloweentime officially began and the past two weekends have had the same pattern. They start at 5:30 (but I recommend getting there sooner because the line is already long by the time 5:30 rolls around). There are two meets that rotate each night. On Friday its been Sally and Constance. On Saturday its been Sally and the Hitchhiking Ghosts. On Sunday its been Constance and the Hitchiking Ghosts. I haven’t been there on either the past two Mondays so I don’t know the grouping on Mondays, but the past two weekend groupings Friday-Sunday have been the same. But if you go there in the morning when Jack & Sally meet and ask one of the CMs there, they’ve always been great and have checked their printed schedule and can tell you for sure who is scheduled for that evening. They just don’t know which one comes out first at 5:30. Each set is around 45 minutes and they rotate throughout the evening.

Bride - Sally
Sally - Ghosts
Bride - Ghosts

Those are the rotations I caught.

They do not have Photopass all the time.

If I am remembering correctly, the context was someone who was attaching Ursula tentacles to a skirt with safety pins. ??? I'm very happy to be wrong, but I didn't want the public embarrassment of upsetting security. Thanks so much!
I haven't read that, but I wonder if the actual issue was with the length of the tentacles, not the safety pins, or with the secure attachment of the tentacles. If a skirt or anything dragging on the ground might cause a safety issue (e.g. tripping the owner or other guests, catching in ride vehicle doors, catching in stroller wheels, etc.), safety pins or not, the costume will not pass muster at security.

We've gotten a locker for the parties at DL, so I'm guessing that the lockers at DCA and in the esplanade will be available. I'm looking forward to your party report and photos of your costume!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!