Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Halloween characters such as Jack, Sally, Maleficent, and other villains on the app? I just checked and didn’t see any listed. Are they not out today?

Jack and Sally meet at their usual spot from 9:00 until around 3:00. I think they’re there daily but I haven’t checked since Sunday. The Haunted Mansion characters are at Jack & Sally’s spot starting at 5:00/5:30ish. But CMs said they’re only there Fri-Mon. I haven’t checked since the weekend so I can’t verify that they’re not there Tues-Thurs.

Are Halloween characters such as Jack, Sally, Maleficent, and other villains on the app? I just checked and didn’t see any listed. Are they not out today?
Jack and Sally were listed the other day, but haven’t been since and have been out, Maleficent hasn’t been on at all I don’t think, haven’t seen Frollo or Jafar on the app, but met them both this week

Jack and Sally meet at their usual spot from 9:00 until around 3:00. I think they’re there daily but I haven’t checked since Sunday. The Haunted Mansion characters are at Jack & Sally’s spot starting at 5:00/5:30ish. But CMs said they’re only there Fri-Mon. I haven’t checked since the weekend so I can’t verify that they’re not there Tues-Thurs.

A few years ago, we were in line for Jack, who was coming back from a break, and he told us all that Sally was "pulling herself together" and would be out soon! :rotfl2:

They’re not on the app. I don’t know why.

Ask character CMs for their sets.

I've been trying to track characters on the app but that is starting to seem like a fool's errand.

Seems like the best bet is to ask a character CM in the morning...can you point me in the right direction for where I might be able to find such a CM? Are there specific locations in the park where I might reliably find one, or do I just need to watch for the pin?

I've been trying to track characters on the app but that is starting to seem like a fool's errand.

Seems like the best bet is to ask a character CM in the morning...can you point me in the right direction for where I might be able to find such a CM? Are there specific locations in the park where I might reliably find one, or do I just need to watch for the pin?
Most characters will have a host, or the workers over by Princess Fantasy Faire are usually a good bet. I usually say something like, “We’re really hoping to catch Maleficent today; do you have any tips on finding her?” and they’ll usually tell you when and where to line up.

If you encounter an unhelpful one, just ask someone else. (I’d say 90% of the time they’re very helpful and will consult their paper schedule or go find the info for you, but occasionally you get a grouchy one.)

Long time reader, first time commenter. I don't think I've seen this answered anywhere. My daughter and I are going next week from Mon-Fri but we're not going to the parties. Are there any tips for navigating the parks on party day? Make sure you're in Disneyland by a certain time so as not to get caught in huge gate lineups? Plan on morning in CA and head over by lunch? Thanks in advance.

Long time reader, first time commenter. I don't think I've seen this answered anywhere. My daughter and I are going next week from Mon-Fri but we're not going to the parties. Are there any tips for navigating the parks on party day? Make sure you're in Disneyland by a certain time so as not to get caught in huge gate lineups? Plan on morning in CA and head over by lunch? Thanks in advance.

The mix-ins start earlier on days of the party and can be between 3-4 hours (party attendees can basically enter earlier than the actual time, depending on the day). So when you start seeing costumes, it may be a good time to beat the rush over to the other park.

Since the party is at DCA for the first time in a decade, it’s a lot harder to know what the crowd patterns will be. In the past, DCA got slammed on party evenings, but DL is bigger, so it’s hard to know if the effects will be as pronounced there... the main thing I’d suggest is to avoid trying to enter security once the party tickets kick in - the security lines get slammed, and with so many people in costume/with bags for trick-or-treating/etc, they seem to take longer.

What are the rules on make up for costumes? I am doing a jack Skellington bound with make up added. Black and white bowling shirt, black shorts, shoes, then adding on the jack make up to my head. I didn’t see anything that forbade that, but I also don’t know if I am misinterpreting anything.

The mix-ins start earlier on days of the party and can be between 3-4 hours (party attendees can basically enter earlier than the actual time, depending on the day). So when you start seeing costumes, it may be a good time to beat the rush over to the other park.
Thanks. We'll do that.

Since the party is at DCA for the first time in a decade, it’s a lot harder to know what the crowd patterns will be. In the past, DCA got slammed on party evenings, but DL is bigger, so it’s hard to know if the effects will be as pronounced there... the main thing I’d suggest is to avoid trying to enter security once the party tickets kick in - the security lines get slammed, and with so many people in costume/with bags for trick-or-treating/etc, they seem to take longer.
Thanks. We'll plan on staying within the security area.

What are the rules on make up for costumes? I am doing a jack Skellington bound with make up added. Black and white bowling shirt, black shorts, shoes, then adding on the jack make up to my head. I didn’t see anything that forbade that, but I also don’t know if I am misinterpreting anything.

No masks but makeup is ok. I went in full face makeup for Maleficent a few years ago.

As the pp said, full face make up is fine as long as your eyes are clearly visible at all times. We've seen quite intricate, complicated face make up at the parties -- make sure that your make up is waterproof and sweat proof! -- and as long as the eyes are clearly visible, there have been no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter