Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

Hi Gang!!!!!!!!

Scott here :goodvibes

I am JASTZA's hubby, heard from a little birdie she has been posting on here. Ok Donald is not that a little of a bird but he told me when I was eating dinner with Tigger she was on here.

Can't wait for the kids and fam to hook up with you all and have a great time. Own my own IT firm and am on call 24/7 with my police department contracts. I am do for a vacation and am ready to party:banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

Hi all,

Marisol, we are in for the group trick or treating.

On another note, thought I would share...

Tomorrow, the girls and I are headed up to Orlando. My family and I are meeting and spending a few days at AKV. Looking forward to the time together. Wish it was all about relaxing, but I am actually going to be participating in the 5K that runs through Animal Kingdom on Saturday morning. I'm not much of a runner...ok...I didn't run at all prior to making the decision to try this. My first day out, I was able to successfully run 30 seconds...Yes 30 seconds...then my chest felt like it was going to explode. :) I am now up to 5 minutes of running, 3 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, etc. I was hoping to twist and ankles so I would be able to back out...no such luck... sooooooo, wish me luck... :)

Sorry Annette and I have been MIA for the last week. It has been one of the worst weeks. I posted last week that i needed a pick me up well let me tell you about the week weve had and its not anywhere near the end of the drama yet.

Last week Annette had some back pain so she took some OTC med and thought it would go away. On Wednesday she called in sick to work at 12:30 because she could not put on her socks, I was working late and she called me to come home because she could not get out of bed she was in so much pain. So i took her to Hosptial #1 they said it was siatica(sp) gave her an injection of steriods and sent her home with steriods and pain killers telling her that it would be better in a few days. Friday came and she now had extreme cold feet, 15 out of 10 pain and cramping of her calfs. So we went to Hospital #2. They tried to take xrays but the pain was to great and they started to give her pain meds. A couple of hours later and alot of pain meds they did a couple xrays, blood work and a doppler. They said everything looked fine and gave her different pain medication and told her she would be better in a few days and to give it time. Over the weekend she continued to get worse. Monday night when i got home her pain was even worse, her feet were blue and she could not wiggle her toes. So we went to hospital #3 which she is still in. They took more xrays, did an MRI and she is waiting to be scheduled for surgery. She has a ruptured disc in her back and stenosis. They say that if she has the surgery she may have the feeling back in her feet within 24 hours. When I left her at 11:00 tonight she has absoultley no control of her feet what so ever and the only way they move is if you pick them up and move them.
We spoke to the resident for the surgeon last night and she said she should be able to go but they are not sure until after they do the surgery. If it gets any worse before the surgery she may have other complications. Needless to say I cant sleep and I'm so worried about her.
You never know how much you depend on someone to be around until they are not. I dont know why being home alone is bothering me so much because she is suppose to be in Minnesota this week at a corporate meeting so she would not be here anyway.
Thanks for letting me ramble, now back to happy things.

Hi Gang!!!!!!!!

I am JASTZA's hubby, heard from a little birdie she has been posting on here. Ok Donald is not that a little of a bird but he told me when I was eating dinner with Tigger she was on here.

Can't wait for the kids and fam to hook up with you all and have a great time. Own my own IT firm and am on call 24/7 with my police department contracts. I am do for a vacation and am ready to party:banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

Hi Scott. You are correct, we are going to have a grand time!

Hi all,

Marisol, we are in for the group trick or treating.

On another note, thought I would share...

Tomorrow, the girls and I are headed up to Orlando. My family and I are meeting and spending a few days at AKV. Looking forward to the time together. Wish it was all about relaxing, but I am actually going to be participating in the 5K that runs through Animal Kingdom on Saturday morning. I'm not much of a runner...ok...I didn't run at all prior to making the decision to try this. My first day out, I was able to successfully run 30 seconds...Yes 30 seconds...then my chest felt like it was going to explode. :) I am now up to 5 minutes of running, 3 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, etc. I was hoping to twist and ankles so I would be able to back out...no such luck... sooooooo, wish me luck... :)

Good luck - and you should be proud of yourself. Can't wait to hear about it.

Sorry Annette and I have been MIA for the last week. It has been one of the worst weeks. I posted last week that i needed a pick me up well let me tell you about the week weve had and its not anywhere near the end of the drama yet.

Last week Annette had some back pain so she took some OTC med and thought it would go away. On Wednesday she called in sick to work at 12:30 because she could not put on her socks, I was working late and she called me to come home because she could not get out of bed she was in so much pain. So i took her to Hosptial #1 they said it was siatica(sp) gave her an injection of steriods and sent her home with steriods and pain killers telling her that it would be better in a few days. Friday came and she now had extreme cold feet, 15 out of 10 pain and cramping of her calfs. So we went to Hospital #2. They tried to take xrays but the pain was to great and they started to give her pain meds. A couple of hours later and alot of pain meds they did a couple xrays, blood work and a doppler. They said everything looked fine and gave her different pain medication and told her she would be better in a few days and to give it time. Over the weekend she continued to get worse. Monday night when i got home her pain was even worse, her feet were blue and she could not wiggle her toes. So we went to hospital #3 which she is still in. They took more xrays, did an MRI and she is waiting to be scheduled for surgery. She has a ruptured disc in her back and stenosis. They say that if she has the surgery she may have the feeling back in her feet within 24 hours. When I left her at 11:00 tonight she has absoultley no control of her feet what so ever and the only way they move is if you pick them up and move them.
We spoke to the resident for the surgeon last night and she said she should be able to go but they are not sure until after they do the surgery. If it gets any worse before the surgery she may have other complications. Needless to say I cant sleep and I'm so worried about her.
You never know how much you depend on someone to be around until they are not. I dont know why being home alone is bothering me so much because she is suppose to be in Minnesota this week at a corporate meeting so she would not be here anyway.

Prayers for Annette. I had a ruptured disc and had a laminectomy back in 1982 and the difference is absolutely amazing. I know what can trigger back pain and when to stop and I am pain free. I wish her the same. Hopefully they can get it scheduled asap so things do not get any worse.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Gang!!!!!!!!

Hi Scott....looking forward to meeting you.....this is going to be a fantastic trip.....keep posting.....;)

Amanada, so sorry to hear about Annette, prayers to her that things progress ok and that her surgery will be soon, and she can start her recovery...send her our best....keep us posted.

Denise

Still no cabin assignment yet. I guess we will be sailing in one of the lifeboats. So please be quiet during the lifeboat drills as I will be napping. Serioulsy though, I am just being impatient since it has only been three days since we booked.

Been busy!!:tigger: Welcome Bill and family!!!
We too got on too late to do the fe exchange but plan on giving out surprises! My ds (12) can't wait to "sneak" around distributing prizes.

I did not think it would be so hard to find postcards but I got them. I sure hope I got enough!!

Added you to my fe list! :banana:

Ana - I will add you to the list. If your folks want to participate, let me know.

Glindamood, No, it will be just me. So, how does it exactly work? Do I buy a variety and give one to each participant?

Also, does it work like that too for the FE? Now I am worried since I thought it was one gift per person from all the cabins but gifts coming from one person in our party. Ex: Me only for my group (me, DH, DM, DD) for each person in all staterooms participating.

Thanks,

Glindamood, No, it will be just me. So, how does it exactly work? Do I buy a variety and give one to each participant?

Also, does it work like that too for the FE? Now I am worried since I thought it was one gift per person from all the cabins but gifts coming from one person in our party. Ex: Me only for my group (me, DH, DM, DD) for each person in all staterooms participating.

Thanks,

Postcards, just one per person is all that is asked so if you opted to do anything extra, that would totally be up to you. I live in such a small town that there are not that many available for me to even choose from.

FE's - I can tell you what that you will all be receiving one family gift from me and that is all. There are people that do one for each, one for the kids individually with another for the parents and sometimes individual ones all the way around. Do what you can or want to and dont' stress. It is supposed to be fun.

Raining again - but that is OK. In 4 weeks I will be in Epcot having fun! I don't think that it could get any better than that (well, except for the cruise that is).

Amanda, I'm sorry to hear about your news and hope she gets better very soon.

Added you to my fe list! :banana:

Thanks Summer

Amanda I hope Annette is doing better. Let us know how things go! I hate when the docotors miss something like that. I had the same thing with dd when she was 13 after 4 months and many doctors she ended up with cancer and I wanted to go back and yell at the er doc that had been too busy to see her when her glands were swollen. Sorry--don't get me ranting but she is great now and I am sure that Annette will be too!

Now that you all have met Scott let me tell you that he came on the forum cause I told him if he didn't get excited about the cruise that I was going to leave him home:lmao:

Thanks Summer

Amanda I hope Annette is doing better. Let us know how things go! I hate when the docotors miss something like that. I had the same thing with dd when she was 13 after 4 months and many doctors she ended up with cancer and I wanted to go back and yell at the er doc that had been too busy to see her when her glands were swollen. Sorry--don't get me ranting but she is great now and I am sure that Annette will be too!

Now that you all have met Scott let me tell you that he came on the forum cause I told him if he didn't get excited about the cruise that I was going to leave him home:lmao:

She is always threatening to leave me somewhere. So I am used to it, but I love her so much I never let her leave me:hippie:

I even took her to Vero Beach Disney for the last Valentines weekend. It was the 13 anniversary of me saying "See if this fits" when I gave her the ring:scared1: So you all can see what kind of nut I am, but she :hug: me.

Thank you for all of the well wishes. It brightens her day. Her surgery is scheduled for Monday, so she is stuck at the hospital until at least next Wednesday or Thursday. Her pain is actually getting worse but they did bring in a recliner so she can hopefully sleep without getting a kink in her neck. I called DVC yesterday and they were great about getting us an 1st floor room and making sure if she needs the wheel chair the ME will accessbile. My only concern now is the cabin on the ship. Does anyone know if a cat 9a doorway is wide enough for a wheelchair? My hope is she will not need it all the time but i want to be prepared. With the look of her legs yesterday she might have a long recovery. They have a wipe off board in her room that information about the patient and the plan off care. Under her plan is states WDW 27 days and today is movie night. She is in a private room so I'm trying to make her stay as pleasant as possible but she says its still not as nice as WDW or DCL:rotfl:
On a happy note there is only 3 more sailings without us.:banana:

Happy Friday everyone.

Amanda - happy to hear her surgery has been scheduled. I didn't have any numbness, just muscle spasms - from the top of my head to the tips of my toes, it was excruciating, that much I do remember. I hope that when they get her all straightened out that she will be right as rain and ready to rock and roll (on the easy side of that but ready, none the less).

TGIF! Nothing much to report - raining and very windy.

Thank you for all of the well wishes. It brightens her day. Her surgery is scheduled for Monday, so she is stuck at the hospital until at least next Wednesday or Thursday. Her pain is actually getting worse but they did bring in a recliner so she can hopefully sleep without getting a kink in her neck. I called DVC yesterday and they were great about getting us an 1st floor room and making sure if she needs the wheel chair the ME will accessbile. My only concern now is the cabin on the ship. Does anyone know if a cat 9a doorway is wide enough for a wheelchair? My hope is she will not need it all the time but i want to be prepared. With the look of her legs yesterday she might have a long recovery. They have a wipe off board in her room that information about the patient and the plan off care. Under her plan is states WDW 27 days and today is movie night. She is in a private room so I'm trying to make her stay as pleasant as possible but she says its still not as nice as WDW or DCL:rotfl:

Happy Friday everyone.

Glad that relief is right around the corner....keep us posted as to her recovery and I know that when we see her in a few weeks...we WILL have a great time....:thumbsup2

So Scott, it sounds like you have a little romantic side to ya!!!:)

well better run at work

later
denise
:banana::banana::banana:

Happy Friday everyone.

Wish her the best from us as well.

I'm sure DCL will be as accommodating as possible, but better to call now and get the ball rolling. As I mentioned up-thread, when we had our issues with last year's cancelled trip, everyone at Disney - land-side and cruise-side - was very helpful in trying to work things out for us (of course we quickly realized the whole shebang needed to be cancelled, but that's a different issue).

I have to believe that a ship built in 1998 would have doors that accommodate standard wheelchairs - isn't one of the knocks on cruises that they're only for "the newly married and the soon to be buried" - so you'd think planning for disabled passengers is standard.

Wish her luck with surgery.

Good news Amanda. I just hope she gets relief quickly. You may want to call dcl to see if they have any accessible staterooms available just in case.

The in laws are coming today so I guess I will be cleaning and preparing. They haven't been here in a couple years and are stopping over for the night on the way through town. Then tomorrow evening, I am giving a baby shower for a co worker. Guess I better get moving!!

28 days:thumbsup2

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter