Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Reminder: on tonight, Saturday,

Continuing with the June weddings theme :bride: :groom:

Love's Greek to Me
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.
Re-airs: Sun 6/11 at 6pm ET
Thurs 6/15 at 8pm ET
Sun 6/18 at 2pm ET

Starring: Torrey DeVitto, Yannis Tsimitselis and Marina Sirtis.

Description: Ilana travels to Santorini with her Greek boyfriend Mike for a family wedding. When he surprises her by proposing, she gets caught in the whirlwind of his overzealous mom.

The original Imzadi! I am looking forward to her performance 🥰🥰🥰

Yes! I got to see Marina Sirtis at the 50th anniversary convention for Star Trek, along with most of the other cast of The Next Generation. 🥰 🥰 🥰 Marina was so funny. She could have done stand up comedy. In real life, she is more like Jane Leeves from Frasier. It's too bad we usually only see Marina doing serious performances. I'm looking forward to her in this movie where she gets to show off show of her comedic chops. I hope it's a good script for all of them. 🤞

Love’s Greek to Me, premiering tonight is tied to a chance for viewers to win a trip for two to Greece. :sunny: ✈️ :beach: ⛴️

DIGI23_SummerinSantorini_Sweepstakes_1440x560_PlainREVISED.jpg

Hallmark announced on its Instagram that they are running the “Summer in Santorini” sweepstakes tied to the “Love’s Greek to Me” film, which actually filmed some of its scenes on location in Greece.

The post reads, “Get ready for the premiere of #LovesGreekToMe on June 10 at 8/7c! Explore Greece with our all new Summer in Santorini Sweepstakes! Enter today and you could win an all-expense paid trip for two to Greece! Sponsored by @GoCollette. #GoCollette Link in bio.”

The place to enter is here:
https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/june-weddings/sweepstakes

You must watch the whole video in order for the sweepstakes entry form to then appear below the video.

Viewers can enter daily through the end of June, but you must be 21 years of age to do so. The grand prize winner will be selected via random draw on or about July 14, according to the official rules.

The trip itself is quite extensive. The rules say the trip for two is to Greece and its islands and lasts 16 days/15 nights. It includes round-trip airfare from the closest major airport to where the winner lives.

Go Collette is a guided travel company that “comes with benefits that take your guided travel experience to another level.” They offer “inclusive tours [that] provide you more value for your money and more of what makes travel special,” according to the company’s website.

Reminder for tonight, Sunday:

The prequel movie with a younger version of Aurora. :teleport:

On Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:
Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New
at 7pm ET

Re-airs: Tues 6/13 at 9pm ET
Sat 6/17 at 9pm ET
Thurs 6/22 at 7pm ET

Starring: Skyler Samuels as Aurora, Evan Roderick and Marilu Henner.
Description: Young Aurora Teagarden returns home to Lawrenceton after college to pursue her post-grad degree and finds herself embroiled in a mystery involving her friend Sally's fiancé.

Love's Greek to Me is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.
Re-airs: Sun 6/11 at 6pm ET
Thurs 6/15 at 8pm ET
Sun 6/18 at 2pm ET

Starring: Torrey DeVitto, Yannis Tsimitselis and Marina Sirtis.

Description: Ilana travels to Santorini with her Greek boyfriend Mike for a family wedding. When he surprises her by proposing, she gets caught in the whirlwind of his overzealous mom.

I liked this movie. I thought it was going to be more comedic than it was. Apparently the advertisers used every possible moment they could to make it seem more like a My Big, Fat Greek Wedding comedy than it was.

I loved seeing Marina Sirtis again. She was great in the role of the male lead's mother, threading the needle between possibly being way too overbearing that she may become unlikable, or backing off in a way that seemed unrealistic to that character just to make a happy ending. Instead, I felt she did both directions in a way where I still liked the mom.

I LOVED all of Torrey DeVitto's clothes in this. 🥰

Last edited:
Do you guys remember this Hallmark movie from 2 Christmases ago called The Christmas Promise starring Torrey DeVitto, Dylan Bruce & Patrick Duffy?

This is what I wrote about it back then:
"It's a story we've seen before. The female lead has lost her fiance due to death, along with the future they had planned together. But because of something her Dad (Patrick Duffy) said, she happens to start texting to her dead fiance's phone number and a mysterious stranger on the other end of the phone answers back."

p20778662_v_h8_aa.jpg

Interestingly, on Mother's Day, Sony Pictures is coming out with a movie with the SAME plot! o_O Only Priyanka Chopra is the woman who starts texting to her dead boyfriend's phone number. And the guy who happens to get her texts on his newly re-assigned phone number is Sam Heughan (of A Princess for Christmas and Outlander.) Celine Dion also stars in the movie and is coming out with new music in the film. :music:

I saw the Priyanka Chopra Jonas & Sam Heughan movie called Love Again. It may still be in movie theatres. It is definitely on Amazon Prime.

I liked it. It is very, very similar to the Hallmark version with Torrey DeVitto. This movie has better dialogue and snappy, supporting characters for Sam. Then Celine Dion comes in and out a few times as intrinsic to the story, not just as a pop-up cameo passing through.

Two more Hallmark-like movies available on Amazon Prime free that I recommend.

This first one was also previously on Netflix:

Finding You - Violinist Finley Sinclair travels to an Irish coastal village to begin a college semester studying abroad. At the B&B run by her host family she encounters the gregarious and persistent heartthrob movie star Beckett Rush.

Starring: Rose Reid, Jedidiah Goodacre, Tom Everett Scott and Vanessa Redgrave.

The description of the movie makes it sounds like it's geared towards a younger audience and is farfetched, but the actors act and look a bit older and bring a down-to-earth realism to their roles. Other than an occasional reference to college, this movie has elements from different Hallmark movies.

Actress Rose Reid reminds me of Piper Perabo in Covert Affairs. Jedidiah Goodacre is actually quite emotionally open and available. It's refreshing to see a guy play that open to being in love.
The story and dialogue are strong. Vanessa Redgrave pulls out her usual, amazing and exceptional depth in an understated role. Ireland is beautifully detailed everywhere! In the pubs, the music, the cliffs, the countryside. 🥰 ⛰️ 🍀 It's wonderful when movies have the budget to really show off the country.

https://www.amazon.com/Finding-You-Rose-Reid/dp/B095L24XHJ

edbb5e1d800b3041ab7d3a70f206332a951a9f1870b002fe4134ce4dca6492c6._RI_.jpg

The second movie I recommend, free on Amazon Prime, is a surprise to me. I passed over it several times even though it kept showing up as an Amazon recommendation to me.

The movie is The Secret: Dare to Dream. It is based on the world famous self-help book, The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne which is the quantum physics concept/theory/philosophy and practice known as the Law of Attraction and the power our thoughts have over outcomes in all areas of our lives. It also talks about the spiritual idea that, "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is…"

If the concepts were presented badly, they could seem hokey, weird or silly. I didn't want to watch that. :headache:

However, the movie stars Katie Holmes and Josh Lucas. I finally gave the movie a try. I liked the movie. It doesn't hit us over the head with the concepts. It's not trying to sell us on anything. It follows Katie's character's life after her husband died five years earlier. Josh rolls into town and he has a profound effect on all the members of the family in many ways.
If anything, the movie was actually done very lightly. popcorn::

This would definitely fit under Hallmark's DaySpring brand had Hallmark done this movie.

I haven't seen Josh Lucas do a romantic role since Sweet Home Alabama. It was nice seeing him do one again. 😍
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4411584/

200729140757-the-secret-dare-to-dream.jpg

Two more Hallmark-like movies available on Amazon Prime free that I recommend.

This first one was also previously on Netflix:

Finding You - Violinist Finley Sinclair travels to an Irish coastal village to begin a college semester studying abroad. At the B&B run by her host family she encounters the gregarious and persistent heartthrob movie star Beckett Rush.

Starring: Rose Reid, Jedidiah Goodacre, Tom Everett Scott and Vanessa Redgrave.

The description of the movie makes it sounds like it's geared towards a younger audience and is farfetched, but the actors act and look a bit older and bring a down-to-earth realism to their roles. Other than an occasional reference to college, this movie has elements from different Hallmark movies.

Actress Rose Reid reminds me of Piper Perabo in Covert Affairs. Jedidiah Goodacre is actually quite emotionally open and available. It's refreshing to see a guy play that open to being in love.
The story and dialogue are strong. Vanessa Redgrave pulls out her usual, amazing and exceptional depth in an understated role. Ireland is beautifully detailed everywhere! In the pubs, the music, the cliffs, the countryside. 🥰 ⛰️ 🍀 It's wonderful when movies have the budget to really show off the country.

https://www.amazon.com/Finding-You-Rose-Reid/dp/B095L24XHJ

edbb5e1d800b3041ab7d3a70f206332a951a9f1870b002fe4134ce4dca6492c6._RI_.jpg
For some crazy reason, this is already on my Amazon watchlist. I adore that guy, so maybe, when I have some free time, I will give it a try.

On another note, there is a Christmas movie (that has a sequel), where she hits a guy with her bike and causes amnesia. I can't recall the title. Anyway, he is on Days of our Lives as a villain and he is just awful.

Imzadi, is the Christmas movie you're thinking of the first of two touching movies about Aidan and Darcy? I thoroughly enjoyed both of them and would love if both were reaired together. I Googled. The first movie was called, A Gift for Christmas.The second movie was called A Christmas to Cherish. Was there ever a third movie? Google also said in 2021 that one was in the works. I would love to see it if there was. Hope this helps you, my friend:hug:🎄

Imzadi, is the Christmas movie you're thinking of the first of two touching movies about Aidan and Darcy? I thoroughly enjoyed both of them and would love if both were reaired together. I Googled. The first movie was called, A Gift for Christmas.The second movie was called A Christmas to Cherish. Was there ever a third movie? Google also said in 2021 that one was in the works. I would love to see it if there was. Hope this helps you, my friend:hug:🎄
Yup, that one. I love both of those movies too, which is why I am so annoyed that he is playing this awful, cheesy, rich boy villian.

Oh no, I'm sorry, Elgerber:hug:! For some reason this early morning, I addressed you as Imzadi! I must have been thinking of our friend Imzadi, of course, too. Definitely meant though that post to be to you, sorry about that. That would be annoying and disappointing too :(Now I extra hope the Aidan/Darcy movies are re-aired this year.

On another note, there is a Christmas movie (that has a sequel), where she hits a guy with her bike and causes amnesia. I can't recall the title. Anyway, he is on Days of our Lives as a villain and he is just awful.

That movie is one of my favorite Christmas movies. 🥰

I do hate when I see an actor elsewhere and they are playing a character I can't stand. I hope it doesn't ruin watching them again in the movies I liked them in. :headache:

The first movie was called, A Gift for Christmas.The second movie was called A Christmas to Cherish. Was there ever a third movie? Google also said in 2021 that one was in the works. I would love to see it if there was.

No, these are the only two movies of this storyline. Thye may have been making plans for a third one, but then the "New Hallmark" execs took over and may have scrapped the idea.

Reminder, on tonight, Saturday:

Continuing with the June wedding theme:

The Wedding Contract
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 6/18 at 6pm ET
Thurs 6/22 at 8pm ET
Sun 6/25 at 2pm ET

Starring: Becca Tobin and Jake Epstein.
Description: Rebecca, a teacher, and Adam, an ad executive are excited to plan their Jewish wedding, but their wedding and future are put into jeopardy when Adam lands a new ad campaign, and their mothers meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter