• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hakuna Matata - a WISH family that's all heart!

Hi team! I was up at 6AM this morning - I downloaded a new program for my iPhone that is suppose to follow your sleep patterns and help to wake you up at a time when your not in a deep sleep. The program tries to determine when to wake you up within a 30 minute window of your set alarm time (with the set time being the absolute latest). It doesn't make up for a lack of sleep though (which is usually my problem) :rolleyes1

Well, I did 15.5 miles on the TM this morning. :eek: The first 10 were easy but for some reason the miles from 10-13 were really tough. I ran each of the 5 mile intervals without stopping and took a 2 minute break in between. After 10, I pushed to run 3 miles but had to stop for a break after that and then another break after another mile.

Pam - Hope you're feeling better today :hug:

Margie - I didn't know you rode motorcycles! Cool! There are quite a few people in my office who ride as well.

Jennifer - Safe travels!

Scott - Fridays at our office are like that as well - everyone is trying to leave early so work gets shuffled around a lot :cutie:

Off to have lunch! Have a great day everyone! :wave2:

Good Afternoon Team! :wave2:

I was looking for news from our East Coast Team Mates? Maybe they do not have power to communicate.

Now a tsunami is headed towards Hawaii. :sad2: Good thing I cleaned the neighbor's drive they could be coming home early.

My drive is rather large and take about three hours plus, depending on how many inches, to clean so it looks good…I did the other two normal in town drives, about the length of 2 ½ cars, so quick. Way easy less than an hour – total time for both. :goodvibes

Connie- :cheer2:Congratulation on your 10# weight loss! Fantastic!!!!! :cheer2: Sounds like you have found the solution to your better health and weight loss too! Now that your foot has improved a bit how is your training going for the Oklahoma Half?

Can you believe it…tomorrow is the last day of February all ready! Getting closer to Spring :upsidedow

Dave- My little Hagen does a pretty good job of keeping me hugged, but I do love hugs and can always use another good one! :hippie:
Note to Kristy: heck with Dave training the DH –sound to me like he has learned to be focused, fast, and efficent. Personally and I could use a little of that training myself. :rolleyes1

Denise, Hope, Jack, Jennifer, Kim, Kristy, Lynn, MaryJ, Mike, Pam, Robert, Scott, Shannan, Sue –wishing you a wonderful weekend, great training moments, and lots of sunshine! :rainbow:

Vicky-:cheer2: Congratulation-15.5 miles is awesome mileage on a DM! :cheer2:I tried the steel cut oats - I really like them. I have cooked them on stove, in the microwave, and soaked them over night for shortened cook time. All methods are good. :upsidedow

Enjoy the moments! :wave:

I finally started to feel normal again. Then, going out to the car, I feel down the stairs. After cursing the snow, Nick hits me with a snow ball (he hadn't seen my graceful dive). Luckily, I just had a broken nail and bruised pride. I still feel good.

I've been tossing fish around for Lent. So, can I count moving around a few hundred pounds of fish and shrimp?...

Morning Kids, Well this month is in the books, I designed a new running/exercise log that will start tomorrow, includes sections on good and bad eating, and different kinds o exercise.

Pups are fed and today is do the Tax day. We are told to expect snow today.

You folks in the NE sure are getting hit. Hang in there.

Good Afternoon Team!

As Scott said, we did taxes today - it was not pretty - OUCH! Afterwards we took the dogs for a walk around the block. I really need to get downstairs for a bike ride, the only exercise I did yesterday is spend about 4 hours shopping! It was not fun either. Looks like a blizzard is about to hit us - but it is not expected to have much snow accumulation.

Margie - it will still be a few years before we can start Medicare, so we will have to buy insurance for those years.

Hope those of you on the east coast are still surviving! We have heard of some of our friends who have been without power for 36 hours.

Pixie dust for all those colds and injuries!

Dave - you are really doing well!

Have a great week all!

Good Evening Team!

A quick post before catching the closing ceremonies. What a great 2 weeks.

Went for a 2 hour spin class this afternoon. Made it home to catch the last 10mins. of the hockey game. What a great goal by Crosby. He saved me from having a "hockey stroke".

Margie, How did you know I was feeling :upsidedow on Friday? What a crazy day at work.

Vicky, Great work on the tm.

Hope everyone that was not feeling 100% are getting better.

Have a great evening............Sue

Hi all,

Back from New Orleans. Finished in 1:47 even (38th out of 566 in my division). But it was good for my training, as I felt I could have run another 10 miles at that pace. I didn't even feel tired!

In other good news, I have nearly convinced my dad to walk the half in New Orleans next year!

Best,
Jennifer

Yes our state was hit pretty hard by the storm. I am in the insurance business and the phone on Friday was non-stop.

Lots of trees down, power lines and lost power. I lost power briefly on Saturday but that was because someone in the neighborhood had a tree down and they were restoring power. My dd Miranda lost power for about 15hours. She was packing a bag for a sleep over on Friday night when the power was restored at her condo.

Mark and I went for 3 miles yesterday to get some fresh air and survey our route. We had a portion where lines were down so we didn’t do the 4 miles. All in all our part of the city didn’t fare to badly.

We leave for 6 days in WDW on Sunday and even tho I hear it’s not that warm, we will have higher temps(for the most part) than here, better chance of sun and of course a restful time in the most magical place.

My early day here at work so I must sign off.

TTFN

denise

Good Morning Team!

More pixie dust for all not feeling quite as chipper as they would like!

We got about an inch or 2 of new snow here, it was fairly warm (27 degrees) and foggy when I went out for my early dog walk. Still really foggy. I will be headed down to do a bike tour shortly, as I did not get there yesterday.

Again, pixie dust for the East Coast and anywhere else dealing with bad weather!

Have a great day team!

Just a quick drive by to let you know I am alive. Busy with races I am putting on. Will try to stop by more often!

Kim: Great hockey game!

Hello Team,

Weather has been much better here! Possibly 50 by Sunday!! Sun is shining right now and the front yard is turning to mud, that means Spring is coming!!!:woohoo:
Got my workouts in on Saturday and today with running 5 min/ walking one. I was feeling good today so I upped the pace a little. Liz (wifey) is adding another minute to her running time this week so she is doing great. I lost a total of 6.5 pounds last week.
------------------------

I saw today that Disney changed the bus routes to the ESPN complex (formerly WDW wide world of sports). They discontinued the route from the Studios and added routes to the All Star resorts, Pop Century, and Carribean Beach resort. Yes!!!! It's now much easier for me to pick up my race packet when we stay at All Stars.

------------------------

Vicky~ Great job on the TM. I WILL go that distance someday! Right now it's just a goal.

Jennifer~ Great race time. I think I have to train with you and Vicky!!

Best to all, Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter