Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

We may try to ride in November, but I have a couple questions. Younger DD will be a couple inches shy of riding, do they do the child swap here? Also, if the wait ends up being 2 1/2 hours or more, I'll need a potty break. Do they allow 1 person from the party to leave and take a restroom break? Or is there a restroom in the queue lol (I'm assuming no, but doesn't hurt to ask ;) )?

We may try to ride in November, but I have a couple questions. Younger DD will be a couple inches shy of riding, do they do the child swap here? Also, if the wait ends up being 2 1/2 hours or more, I'll need a potty break. Do they allow 1 person from the party to leave and take a restroom break? Or is there a restroom in the queue lol (I'm assuming no, but doesn't hurt to ask ;) )?
Yes one person can leave and come back just ask for the proper way to do that. Child swap is available too.

So, as can see by my posts, I got in line sometime after 11:30. Went in single rider line. The wait posted outside was 180 when I got there. TM's were saying it's going to be close to the same wait, so if you are a party just jump in regular line. No one really moved.

I was on the ride in about 90 minutes or so. I think I saved roughly 10-15 minutes in single rider than regular. Saw a family that moved over to regular in the last room. Could have been shorter, but the last 15 minutes was just waiting for an odd number party. That's the sucky part about single rider, could take a few minutes, could took a while, just depends on the group. There were streaks were 3 SR's got to go within a 3 minute span, then no one for 10 minutes.

Having said all that, holy.crap. This is the best ride in Orlando imo. I had more fun on this than any other ride i've been on.
Did you ride the motorbike or the sidecar?

Does anyone know how they handle people with HP robes on? Do they need to go in a locker, or can they be worn on the ride? TIA!!

Does anyone know how they handle people with HP robes on? Do they need to go in a locker, or can they be worn on the ride? TIA!!

This won't help answer the question, but when I was in line, I did see the TM talking to a kid that had a robe on and was making a lot of hand gestures almost like telling him to scrunch the robe up or something like that. He didn't make him take it off right there and put in a locker or anything.

I thought someone previously said they had to be in the sidecar if they were wearing a robe but I can’t remember.
This won't help answer the question, but when I was in line, I did see the TM talking to a kid that had a robe on and was making a lot of hand gestures almost like telling him to scrunch the robe up or something like that. He didn't make him take it off right there and put in a locker or anything.
Was he riding in the side car?

I thought someone previously said they had to be in the sidecar if they were wearing a robe but I can’t remember.

Was he riding in the side car?

No idea. I had another 10 minutes in line. You can't see the cars in line.

My husband and I are thinking of doing the single riders line for this next Monday, possibly in the late afternoon / early evening (when the sun isn't so brutal). Has anyone had recent experience as a single rider? Never done this before, so we don't really know what to expect (other than a hopefully more bearable wait).

Others have already answered the question on what you expect for a wait, but want to warn that waiting in the SR line is a struggle since it's enclosed in a narrow stairwell area and heard there is almost no ventilation, people have reported it feels quite stuffy in there. So, it's the question of do you want sweat it out to wait in SR to possibly shed a few minutes off, or not? You can get lucky, but at the moment, there isn't a dramatic different in SR and the regular queue.

Others have already answered the question on what you expect for a wait, but want to warn that waiting in the SR line is a struggle since it's enclosed in a narrow stairwell area and heard there is almost no ventilation, people have reported it feels quite stuffy in there. So, it's the question of do you want sweat it out to wait in SR to possibly shed a few minutes off, or not? You can get lucky, but at the moment, there isn't a dramatic different in SR and the regular queue.

Want to clear up something about the stairwell. The TM's got smart and realized this was an issue. Right as you go inside before the stairwell they will have it chained off. They are no longer having people wait in the stairwell. They will wait til the line goes down a tad inside the last room, and send 5-10 guests down. Rinse repeat. Which is why you will be standing there not moving for 10-15 minutes then all of a sudden move a decent amount.

Want to clear up something about the stairwell. The TM's got smart and realized this was an issue. Right as you go inside before the stairwell they will have it chained off. They are no longer having people wait in the stairwell. They will wait til the line goes down a tad inside the last room, and send 5-10 guests down. Rinse repeat. Which is why you will be standing there not moving for 10-15 minutes then all of a sudden move a decent amount.

That's good news to know. I'm glad they eventually did something, because whether you want to feel comfortable, or not, it's not just a comfort issue, but health issue, as people can feel ill in those type of situations.

That's good news to know. I'm glad they eventually did something, because whether you want to feel comfortable, or not, it's not just a comfort issue, but health issue, as people can feel ill in those type of situations.

agreed, the TM that was patrolling the door was saying how they've had several people pass out while waiting in there.

Is the SR queue actually shorter than the regular line? I see alot about it being hot and stuffy but nothing about if the wait is actually shorter? The hotter the better for me so im not to concerned about that just the actual wait time.

Is the SR queue actually shorter than the regular line? I see alot about it being hot and stuffy but nothing about if the wait is actually shorter? The hotter the better for me so im not to concerned about that just the actual wait time.

you may save 10 minutes. But not much more than that. As I said in my post, I saw a family that was right in front of me in the SR line that moved over to regular in the last room when I was waiting to be grouped with an odd number. They probably had another 5-10 minutes..15 tops left in line.

you may save 10 minutes. But not much more than that. As I said in my post, I saw a family that was right in front of me in the SR line that moved over to regular in the last room when I was waiting to be grouped with an odd number. They probably had another 5-10 minutes..15 tops left in line.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

The SR may eventually get better, as with all SR lines, but since it's a new ride, a very popular attraction, and a lot of people try to use it to cut time it's going to be awhile. The more people who try to go in it to cut time, the longer the wait it's going to be.

It's going to be months, maybe even a year, or so, until the SR line at Hagrid's ends up having an normal SR wait time.

It's been a couple of years since I've been in the parks, but I know last time I was there, Gringott's was notorious to closing it's SR line on and off no matter what day you went, due to so many people trying to use it to cut time and it would fill the SR queue. That was with the ride being already open already for a couple of years.

Reactions: DLo
The SR may eventually get better, as with all SR lines, but since it's a new ride, a very popular attraction, and a lot of people try to use it to cut time it's going to be awhile. The more people who try to go in it to cut time, the longer the wait it's going to be.

It's going to be months, maybe even a year, or so, until the SR line at Hagrid's ends up having an normal SR wait time.

It's been a couple of years since I've been in the parks, but I know last time I was there, Gringott's was notorious to closing it's SR line on and off no matter what day you went, due to so many people trying to use it to cut time and it would fill the SR queue. That was with the ride being already open already for a couple of years.

This is what I was trying to avoid. My friends don't know any better and would auto elect SR because that's how we do all the other rides. I wanted to make sure it wasn't going hurt us to use the SR. I was there in July and didn't even bother, Sept we may give it a shot though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter