Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Sorry if this has been answered already but I haven’t seen it. Do you have to use a locker? Can you at least bring your phone with you or are there metal detectors? May attempt it this afternoon. Thanks for any help!
I’m curious about this too. We plan on spending a rope drop morning just to ride this ride on a Wednesday in September...coming from WDW via Uber and I don’t want to mess with lockers. Will probably just put phone in cargo shorts if I can get away with it.

Sorry if this has been answered already but I haven’t seen it. Do you have to use a locker? Can you at least bring your phone with you or are there metal detectors? May attempt it this afternoon. Thanks for any help!

No metal detectors . I had the phone in my hands (my pockets are in the short side.) Not sure what they'll do if you bring a bag with you. I put my bag in one of the lockers to begin with. They made me take off my hat (held it in other hand) and tuck my laynard in my shirt.

How about if you have someone who isn’t riding, but may want to wait in line with us? My sister doesn’t ride coasters, so she often waits with us and ditches at the end, taking our bags with her. She did this on Forbidden Journey several years ago since she loves seeing the castle.

No metal detectors . I had the phone in my hands (my pockets are in the short side.) Not sure what they'll do if you bring a bag with you. I put my bag in one of the lockers to begin with. They made me take off my hat (held it in other hand) and tuck my laynard in my shirt.

Thanks! Would like to have my phone to play charades with my kids during the wait

I brought phone and wallet in my pocket. Also had sunglasses in a case in my pocket, g-force going round bends forced me against side of seat hard enough to bend them a bit - still worth it 😁

So 1st day here and I think it hasn’t opened yet today? Hovering nearby for a few.

Ok we are now about 90 minutes in...that preshow had me thinking we are Sooo close...Sooo wrong! Rest of the fam is off doing other stuff. I've put in the time and will finish it out. Hopefully we are close. 12:51pm and we got in line about 11:25AM.
The preshow had us fooled too! It’s so early in the line.

No metal detectors but they wouldn’t even let anyone into the line with a bag when we were there and directed everyone to the lockers. They had a TM posted right near the lockers checking for bags. Lanyards also needed to be lockered or tucked into shirts. I did take my phone into the line with no issues though.

Hagrid's has been down indefinitely since park opening this morning. :< There was a huge crowd outside the ride at 9am, but when we walked past around 12, the crowd had completely dispersed. I'm not sure if it'll be up at all today.

How about if you have someone who isn’t riding, but may want to wait in line with us? My sister doesn’t ride coasters, so she often waits with us and ditches at the end, taking our bags with her. She did this on Forbidden Journey several years ago since she loves seeing the castle.
It's not an issue.
When up to the area before loading into the ride, tell the TM you are taking a pass on the ride.
Wait for your friends at the exit area.

We had bags. A quick side trip to the ride's lockers managed by cast members and we were back in the queue. I dont think we lost time because of it.

Today was a disaster with no opening until 2:30 or so. This ride has very little demand for single riders so when they do call for single riders to join the single rider queue they pull from right before you enter the building. We were lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time for a pull of 30 single riders just now. Posted wait time has been at 210 all afternoon but we should get on at around the 2 hour mark at 730 pm. Glad we didn’t try the rope drop strategy today!

We were in other park when we noticed the ride finally opened. After a long wait for Hogwarts train (going out the front and back in again would have been faster even though we had express), wait time had gone to 210 when we joined at 5pm. Was hoping that was an over estimate, it was, but only by a bit - took 190 mins (in the normal queue)

Still so strange that it's having such extensive downtime

Yeah, it's strange, because you hear all these reports and sounds like things sound to be running smoothly, then out of nowhere, the ride takes more than half a day to open. I know in the past we've confirmed some delays were due to them adding, or switching ride vehicles, but have a feeling whatever happened Sunday is something else due how long it took for them to open.

Don’t believe it’s opened yet to say either, I’m gonna try again later hopefully it opens earlier than yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter