Guy Fieri's Disneyland Resort Holiday Special - AIRING ON FOOD NETWORK THIS MONTH!

Sherry, tell me more about the Jazz Kitchen gingerbread houses......please....I just made our Tgiving ressies, we are eating at the Jazz Kitchen!! I'm sooooo excited and DBF can't wait to eat some turducken! LOL

Well, the odd thing is I don't see any reference to the 2009 Holiday Workshop on the Jazz Kitchen website (yet), but apparently they did a Haunted Gingerbread House Workshop in October.

I first read about the Jazz Kitchen Holiday Gingerbread House Workshop here on the DIS, but have not done it myself. You make a reservation and pay whatever their flat fee is (something like $45 per person, I think, though I could be wrong on that figure), and a pastry chef dude comes out and gives everyone a tutorial on what to do to make the houses. Then each table gets their own 'kit' to make their gingerbread house, and you also get unlimited drinks while you 'work.' (Not sure about the food situation or if a meal is included in that price too.) They give you candy and everything else needed to build your houses. Someone from the DIS did it.....hmmm....who was it? Was it Pycees312, maybe? I cannot recall. In any case, whoever it was said it was a lot of fun and a cool thing to do for the holidays. But I don't know when the Jazz Kitchen website announces their Holiday Workshop schedule, but it must only be held in December because they would have to let people know by now for November Workshops!! Unless...maybe they decided to skip the holidays this year since they did the Halloween houses?

How fun!! I'll watch their website for it for December. Not sure on that price tho, that seem awfully high.....

How fun!! I'll watch their website for it for December. Not sure on that price tho, that seem awfully high.....

I am probably wrong on that price being per person. It is probably just 'per table.' Again, not sure if a meal is included with that or if it is just unlimited beverages. I just can't see why they wouldn't be advertising it now for people to make December reservations, so that makes me wonder if maybe they decided to skip the Holiday Gingerbread House Workshops in favor of the Halloween/Haunted Gingerbread House Workshops this year.

Oh yay:yay: Cant wait until December 5th.
One of the best things about the Holidays for me is watching all the Disney specials that the put out on Food Network and the Travel Chan

We don't have cable. :sad1: Anyone know if I will be able to watch the special online?

You know, I am sure you will be able to watch it online after it airs on the Food Network. It may even be released on DVD at some point (other Travel Channel Disney specials have been released on DVD). Or possibly you could ask a nice DIS-er to record it for you on VHS (I would do it if I had a working VCR!) So many things are available for viewing online these days that I am sure, if not on YouTube, maybe Hulu will have Guy's special. It will pop up.:goodvibes

Even though I have not yet seen Guy's DLR Holiday special, I think I might like to own it on DVD whenever it is released. The DVR I have now is rented from the cable company so once I record anything, if something goes wrong with the DVR and they replace it, I lose all my Disney specials and everything else. While I love ALL the Disney-themed shows that air on the Travel Channel and Food Network, I really want to own the ones that are Disneyland Resort-specific, as there are so few of them. Travel Channel occasionally airs a one-hour DLR-only special, but not nearly as often as it airs its WDW specials. Also, they ran a series called Great Hotels, which featured many of the WDW hotels but also a whole show on the Grand Californian Hotel. I would like to own that one too.:thumbsup2 Just in case I ever move from SoCal or am ever anywhere where I need to be reminded of my beloved DLR, I would love to be able to just pop in the DVDs and watch!

(I posted the following list & info in this same thread last year, but I have updated it a bit, re-organized the list and will post it here in case anyone new to the boards is interested).

Just in case anyone wants to look these up - here are assorted Disney park/park food-related shows to search for on the Travel Channel, Food Network, HGTV, Fine Living Network, The History Channel, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon (on DVD), etc. (some DLR-themed, some WDW; I bolded the ones that are Disneyland Resort-specific or that feature good Disneyland segments). There are lots of them, but these are some of the better ones I have seen and compiled into a list:

WDW-specific/and Disney Cruise Line:

"Behind the Bash - Disney's Anniversary Blowout" - Food Network

"Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays" (WDW) - HGTV

"Disney Cruise Line" - Travel Channel

"Disney: On a Dime" - Travel Channel

"Disney's Animal Kingdom" - Travel Channel

"Disney's Best Kept Secret" - Travel Channel

"Disney's Surprise Vacations" - Fine Living Network

"Fan's Guide: Walt Disney World" - Travel Channel

"Holidays at Walt Disney World Resort" (features all the 'food decorations' and edible displays around WDW) - Food Network - Hosted by Raven Symone

"Modern Marvels - Disney World" - The History Channel

"Season of Disney: Disney Splurge!" - Travel Channel

"Ultimate Walt Disney World" - Travel Channel

"Undiscovered Walt Disney World" - Travel Channel

"Unwrapped - Walt Disney World Resort" - Food Network

"Walt Disney World Resort" - Travel Channel

"What You Get for the Money" (WDW) - Fine Living Network

WDW & DLR:

"Disney Holiday Magic/Samantha Brown" - Travel Channel (features footage and mentions of DLR-holiday attractions/events, but is mainly WDW-based)

"Samantha Brown's Disney Favs" - Travel Channel (mainly focuses on WDW, but features some DLR-footage, tips and info as well)

"Unwrapped - Disney Delights" - Food Network (features segments on Club 33 and the bakery at DLR, as well as food segments from WDW)

DLR-specific:

"Disneyland Resort: Behind the Magic" - Travel Channel

"Food Network Challenge - Miley Cyrus' Sweet 16 Birthday Cakes" - Food Network

"Food Network Challenge - Disney Celebration Cakes" (for What Will You Celebrate?) - Food Network.

"Great Hotels" - Samantha Brown - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel" - Travel Channel

"Guy's Disney Holiday: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" - Food Network (hosted by Guy Fieri at DLR; taped in 12/08, aired in 12/09)

"Into the Fire" - Disneyland - (all about dining/restaurants at DLR) - Food Network

Samantha Brown did a whole series called "Great Hotels" for the Travel Channel, and aside from the one episode which featured the Grand Californian/DLR, several other episodes featured WDW hotels such as Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club, etc., etc. She may have even done an episode or two of "Passport to Great Weekends" focusing on DLR or WDW.

Also, there have been various shows about Disney weddings & celebrations at WDW on the Travel Channel and on the WE network ("Disney's Dream Weddings" is one of the WE shows).

Many of the Food Network's "Food Network Challenge" shows focus on making various Disney-themed cakes (Pixar-themed cakes, Villains-themed cakes, etc.) One whole episode of "Dinner: Impossible" was filmed around WDW as well.

If anyone knows of any other Disney-related shows (especially DLR-specific) we can add to this list, please post!!

I am probably wrong on that price being per person. It is probably just 'per table.' Again, not sure if a meal is included with that or if it is just unlimited beverages. I just can't see why they wouldn't be advertising it now for people to make December reservations, so that makes me wonder if maybe they decided to skip the Holiday Gingerbread House Workshops in favor of the Halloween/Haunted Gingerbread House Workshops this year.

That might be the price, if it's for adults and that includes a meal I could see paying it, but not for all 4 of us. Table price would be good too. :) I'll keep checking, they JUST put up the Tgiving menu last weekend, I know because I was checking daily to see if it was up yet. I called and the guy told me I could make reservations as soon as the menu was up so I was checking every day and it just went up. Considering Tgiving is just a couple weeks away I was starting to worry....LOL

That might be the price, if it's for adults and that includes a meal I could see paying it, but not for all 4 of us. Table price would be good too. :) I'll keep checking, they JUST put up the Tgiving menu last weekend, I know because I was checking daily to see if it was up yet. I called and the guy told me I could make reservations as soon as the menu was up so I was checking every day and it just went up. Considering Tgiving is just a couple weeks away I was starting to worry....LOL

What's up with Jazz Kitchen taking so long to post their Thanksgiving menu? Hmm...maybe, then, they are slow to post info, and they may very well do a Gingerbread Holiday Workshop but just not post the info for it until after Thanksgiving? I would hope there is some sort of a meal or snacks included and not just unlimited beverages while you work on making the houses, but who knows... I wish I could remember which DIS-er it was who did the Jazz Kitchen Gingerbread Holiday Workshop last year or the year before, so they could enlighten us with more info. It sounds like a really cool thing to do - while not actually in DL or DCA, still good enough to be considered a DLR experience. And I bet a lot of folks don't know about it.

We met Guy at TSMM the weekend that he was taping, so I am so excited to see this. He went to the university that I work for, so it was extra cool to meet him. We were in the single rider line and their plaid brought them in the handicap entrance immediately to the left of the line so we were like 2 feet away. However, the best part of seeing him was the fact that he had this huge posse (most of whom were even more tattooed and pierced than he is) including his teenage son. Despite the fact that his dad is a celebrity (and pretty hip imho) Guy could NOT convince his son to go on the ride with him. It was one of those funny father/son moments and it was refreshing to see that even celebrities are just dad (or mom) to their kids.

We met Guy at TSMM the weekend that he was taping, so I am so excited to see this. He went to the university that I work for, so it was extra cool to meet him. We were in the single rider line and their plaid brought them in the handicap entrance immediately to the left of the line so we were like 2 feet away. However, the best part of seeing him was the fact that he had this huge posse (most of whom were even more tattooed and pierced than he is) including his teenage son. Despite the fact that his dad is a celebrity (and pretty hip imho) Guy could NOT convince his son to go on the ride with him. It was one of those funny father/son moments and it was refreshing to see that even celebrities are just dad (or mom) to their kids.

You know, I always hear about people seeing Guy at DLR - even aside from this taping weekend last year - but I never hear about who he is with, other than his young son. So I am glad you mentioned this, that he travels with a huge, tattoed, pierced posse!!! I always had this image that people are seeing him just leisurely strolling through DCA, with young'un in tow and no one bothering him. So he is getting a little bit of 'plaid treatment.'

Why did his teenage son not want to go on TSMM? Could you hear the conversation? Did he just think it was lame or only for kids? He doesn't know what he is missing! He should have gotten on that ride because it is soooo much fun, and there are other people waiting 40 minutes to ride it (like yours truly, just a couple of weeks ago)!

You know, I always hear about people seeing Guy at DLR - even aside from this taping weekend last year - but I never hear about who he is with, other than his young son. So I am glad you mentioned this, that he travels with a huge, tattoed, pierced posse!!! I always had this image that people are seeing him just leisurely strolling through DCA, with young'un in tow and no one bothering him. So he is getting a little bit of 'plaid treatment.'

Why did his teenage son not want to go on TSMM? Could you hear the conversation? Did he just think it was lame or only for kids? He doesn't know what he is missing! He should have gotten on that ride because it is soooo much fun, and there are other people waiting 40 minutes to ride it (like yours truly, just a couple of weeks ago)!

His son wanted to ride, just not with his dad. Remember, when you are a teen or tween, it's not cool to be with your dad--even if your dad is cool! So, one of the other guys that was with him rode with Guy and his son rode with someone else.

From what I have seen and heard, Guy is in the parks a lot and really enjoys being there, but he travels with a group and always has a VIP guide with him.

Meanwhile, my husband literally ran into Keegan Gerhard from food network this past spring during the F&W fest. We had just finished eating dinner at WCT and Keegan was coming down the steps from the upper part (where the other restaurant used to be) and the two of them nearly collided. We said hi, but didn't ask for pics and/or autographs, although we watched as a few other people came up to him and he was very accomodating.

His son wanted to ride, just not with his dad. Remember, when you are a teen or tween, it's not cool to be with your dad--even if your dad is cool! So, one of the other guys that was with him rode with Guy and his son rode with someone else.

From what I have seen and heard, Guy is in the parks a lot and really enjoys being there, but he travels with a group and always has a VIP guide with him.

Meanwhile, my husband literally ran into Keegan Gerhard from food network this past spring during the F&W fest. We had just finished eating dinner at WCT and Keegan was coming down the steps from the upper part (where the other restaurant used to be) and the two of them nearly collided. We said hi, but didn't ask for pics and/or autographs, although we watched as a few other people came up to him and he was very accomodating.

Oh, okay, I get it! Yes, when you are a tween or teen, it is not cool to be seen with any parent, anywhere, at any time!! They will only embarrass you! At least he didn't miss out on the great ride, though!:lmao: But it IS very amusing that his seemingly hip, fun and cool dad is too uncool to ride with!:lmao:

I know exactly which steps you are talking about by WCT, where your husband and Keegan almost ran into each other, and I have seen one or two people nearly collide. It would be fun to almost run into a celebrity, though!

I'm so glad my kids think it's still OK to be seen with me.....LOL

Just in case anyone wants to look these up - here are assorted Disney park/park food-related shows to search for on the Travel Channel, Food Network, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon (on DVD), etc. (some DLR-themed, some WDW; I bolded & italicized the ones that are Disneyland Resort-specific or that feature good Disneyland segments). There are lots of them, but these are some of the better ones I have seen:

Disney's Best Kept Secret - Travel Channel

Unwrapped - Walt Disney World Resort - Food Network

Disney: On a Dime - Travel Channel

Season of Disney: Disney Splurge! - Travel Channel

Samantha Brown's Disney Favs - Travel Channel (features some DLR-footage and info)

Behind the Bash - Disney's Anniversary Blowout - Food Network

Holidays at Walt Disney Resort (features all the food decorations and displays around WDW) - Food Network - Hosted by Raven Symone

Disney Holiday Magic/Samantha Brown - Travel Channel (features footage and mentions of DLR-holiday attractions/events, but is mainly WDW-based)

Undiscovered Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Ultimate Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Fan's Guide: Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Disney's Animal Kingdom - Travel Channel

Disney Cruise Line - Travel Channel

Walt Disney World Resort - Travel Channel

Disneyland Resort: Behind the Magic (I think it was Behind the Magic; it might have been Behind the Scenes!:lmao:) - Travel Channel

Into the Fire - Disneyland - Food Network (all about dining at DLR)

Great Hotels - Samantha Brown - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - Travel Channel

Samantha Brown did a whole series called "Great Hotels" for Travel Channel, and aside from the one episode which featured the Grand Californian, several other episodes featured WDW hotels such as Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club, etc.

Also, there have been various shows about Disney weddings & celebrations at WDW on the Travel Channel, Food Network and on the WE network. Many of the Food Network's Food Network Challenge shows focus on making various Disney cakes. One whole episode of Dinner: Impossible was filmed around WDW>

If anyone knows of any other Disney-related shows (especially DLR-specific) we can add to this list, please post!!

Thank you Sherry!!!! :cheer2:

Just in case anyone wants to look these up - here are assorted Disney park/park food-related shows to search for on the Travel Channel, Food Network, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon (on DVD), etc. (some DLR-themed, some WDW; I bolded & italicized the ones that are Disneyland Resort-specific or that feature good Disneyland segments). There are lots of them, but these are some of the better ones I have seen:

Disney's Best Kept Secret - Travel Channel

Unwrapped - Walt Disney World Resort - Food Network

Disney: On a Dime - Travel Channel

Season of Disney: Disney Splurge! - Travel Channel

Samantha Brown's Disney Favs - Travel Channel (features some DLR-footage and info)

Behind the Bash - Disney's Anniversary Blowout - Food Network

Holidays at Walt Disney Resort (features all the food decorations and displays around WDW) - Food Network - Hosted by Raven Symone

Disney Holiday Magic/Samantha Brown - Travel Channel (features footage and mentions of DLR-holiday attractions/events, but is mainly WDW-based)

Undiscovered Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Ultimate Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Fan's Guide: Walt Disney World - Travel Channel

Disney's Animal Kingdom - Travel Channel

Disney Cruise Line - Travel Channel

Walt Disney World Resort - Travel Channel

Disneyland Resort: Behind the Magic (I think it was Behind the Magic; it might have been Behind the Scenes!:lmao:) - Travel Channel

Into the Fire - Disneyland - Food Network (all about dining at DLR)

Great Hotels - Samantha Brown - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - Travel Channel

Samantha Brown did a whole series called "Great Hotels" for Travel Channel, and aside from the one episode which featured the Grand Californian, several other episodes featured WDW hotels such as Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club, etc.

Also, there have been various shows about Disney weddings & celebrations at WDW on the Travel Channel, Food Network and on the WE network. Many of the Food Network's Food Network Challenge shows focus on making various Disney cakes. One whole episode of Dinner: Impossible was filmed around WDW>

Another one was Modern Marvels Disney World on the History Channel. They sell the DVD at the parks but you can find the entire program in 10 or so parts on youtube

Thanks for posting the info, Sherry! My DH has been searching for this as we were there the weekend Guy was filming at DLR last December, too. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter