Guy Fieri's Disneyland Resort Holiday Special - AIRING ON FOOD NETWORK THIS MONTH!

It's almost time to set the DVR --- giving this a bump to the front of the line.

Thank you for bumping this! You read my mind! I was just thinking the same thing when I checked the menu in my cable guide and saw the show listed. I got so excited! I hit the Record button right away so I won't risk forgetting to do it later. It is set!:cool1: I can't wait!:santa:

Sherry there's supposed to be another Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays on HGTV on Sunday Nov 29 at 8pm.

Oooooohhhh!!! Tomorrow night? Let me check my cable guide.....Yes! You are right! "Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays" which is about WDW!:santa: I just set the DVR for that too! Thank you so much, DisneySuiteFreak! I used to be a big HGTV nut years ago, then I burnt out on it so I never know what they air anymore. This sounds like the sort of show which would ordinarily air on the Travel Channel or even Food Network, perhaps (like the Raven Symone Disney Holiday show did), so it is odd that it is ending up on HGTV!!! This makes me wonder what other channels I should be checking for Disney shows! (Oddly, the Disney Channel never airs any of these sorts of programs!) I have to re-record that Samantha Brown Disney holiday special because I switched DVRs since the last time I got it. Thank you again!

I updated post #27 (where I put the main list of the more interesting Disney-related shows) to include DisneySuiteFreak's tip about the Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays HGTV show tomorrow night as well as Disneyobsessed808's wonderful suggestion of the Modern Marvels - Disney World show on the History Channel. At some point, I will separate them into WDW & DLR sections, alphabetize them within the WDW and DLR sections and then lump the holiday-related shows together, but not right now!:lmao: I am going to check the cable guide (usually shows what is airing up to 2 weeks in advance) and see if I can catch that Samantha Brown Disney Holiday special and any others that may return (like the Raven Symone WDW one).

Oooooohhhh!!! Tomorrow night? Let me check my cable guide.....Yes! You are right! "Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays" which is about WDW!:santa: I just set the DVR for that too! Thank you so much, DisneySuiteFreak! I used to be a big HGTV nut years ago, then I burnt out on it so I never know what they air anymore. This sounds like the sort of show which would ordinarily air on the Travel Channel or even Food Network, perhaps (like the Raven Symone Disney Holiday show did), so it is odd that it is ending up on HGTV!!! This makes me wonder what other channels I should be checking for Disney shows! (Oddly, the Disney Channel never airs any of these sorts of programs!) I have to re-record that Samantha Brown Disney holiday special because I switched DVRs since the last time I got it. Thank you again!

I agree! I was surprised they were airing this on HGTV instead of Travel Channel. Honestly, I almost never watch HGTV! I've been tuning in recently because were are in the process of renovating our house :scared1: and they've been showing the commercials for this a lot. And yes, you would think that Disney would show these types of shows on their stations for all the Disney freaks, but surprisingly, no they don't. So I'm looking forward to it! Any Disney is better than no Disney, right? :thumbsup2
Do you know when the Samantha Brown Disney Holiday special is airing? I really love Samantha Brown shows. I wish she did more of them. I used to be a TC freak and watched or taped all the shows like Sam Browns, but I stopped watching it. I don't understand why there is so much Anthony Bourdaine type shows on TC now and hardly any Sam Brown type shows...

I agree! I was surprised they were airing this on HGTV instead of Travel Channel. Honestly, I almost never watch HGTV! I've been tuning in recently because were are in the process of renovating our house :scared1: and they've been showing the commercials for this a lot. And yes, you would think that Disney would show these types of shows on their stations for all the Disney freaks, but surprisingly, no they don't. So I'm looking forward to it! Any Disney is better than no Disney, right? :thumbsup2
Do you know when the Samantha Brown Disney Holiday special is airing? I really love Samantha Brown shows. I wish she did more of them. I used to be a TC freak and watched or taped all the shows like Sam Browns, but I stopped watching it. I don't understand why there is so much Anthony Bourdaine type shows on TC now and hardly any Sam Brown type shows...

This coming Thursday - December 3rd - on Travel Channel, they are airing the Disney Holiday Magic/Samantha Brown show as well as her other one - Disney Favs. They are also airing the Walt Disney World Resort show (not a Samantha Brown show, but good nonetheless!). So it will be one big block of Disney! The shows run, I think, two or three times that day, so you have to check your listing for the best times to record!

This coming Thursday - December 3rd - on Travel Channel, they are airing the Disney Holiday Magic/Samantha Brown show as well as her other one - Disney Favs. They are also airing the Walt Disney World Resort show (not a Samantha Brown show, but good nonetheless!). So it will be one big block of Disney! The shows run, I think, two or three times that day, so you have to check your listing for the best times to record!

:woohoo: Thanks Sherry! Looks like I will get a Disney fix after all!

Of course, now my darn DVR (Time Warner rental) is acting up...it is actually doing the same thing that the one I replaced in July was doing. I am clearing shows from the memory so they disappear from the menu, but the DVR's memory is still holding them and somehow this is interfering with recording new shows even though it looks like there is plenty of space available! Arrrgggghhhhhh! Now I see why people get TiVo. Or I may have to switch to AT&T! This thing had better start working by the time I record the Behind the Magic show on HGTV today, and then again for the Samantha Brown Disney Holiday show and, of course, Guy Fieri's show next weekend. I have rebooted it but it is still acting loopy. :sad2:

Thanks Sherry for the heads up!

I set my DVR for both Guy's show and the Behind the Magic one. It's (behind the magic) showing at 8 p.m. here as well as 3 a.m. tomorrow, Friday 8 p.m., and Sat. 3 a.m. just in case you can't record it.

FYI, if you ever do have to give back your DVR you can copy your recorded shows-I did this when we switched from Dish to AT&T. You just have to connect your old DVR to another TV and connect a VCR or DVD recorder to it. Play the programs on the t.v. and record them just as you would a non-DVR program. It'll work. Then you can have to to watch even after you get a new DVR machine. Personally, I don't have a DVD recorder, so I put mine on tape. We had a DVD recorder for a short time but I was very frustrated that most of the new movies were blocked from being recorded to a DVD recorder. If you can't record movies to watch later, what's the point? :confused3

Also for those who can't see/record the show (3D) on Sat. it's also showing again in our area on Sunday at 12 a.m. It's probably showing more times but for now my guide only goes to Tuesday.

Just checked foodnetwork site-Guy's Disney show will also air at 8 p.m. on De.c 11th (EST and PST)

Anyone want to bet there will be a "Princess and the Frog" food network Challenge episode too? They seem to do all their food network stuff all at once. I bet they will!

Everybody remember to set those DVRs, VCRs, etc.! Guy's DLR Holiday special is finally on tomorrow night on the Food Network!!:santa::santa::banana: I can't wait to see it because I am itching to get back to my favorite place for the holidays!!!

I should also give a shout out to that HGTV special "Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays" that DisneySuiteFreak was nice enough to tell us about last week. I watched it and the Samantha Brown Disney Holiday show within a few days of each other to make a decent comparison, and while Samantha's show was fun and featured tiny little segments on DLR during the holidays sandwiched in between all the WDW stuff, I actually think the HGTV show was more of a comprehensive overview of holidays at WDW and how it all comes together. It was really detailed and informative and totally covered all things Disney holiday in the show, whereas Samantha's show tended to veer off a bit into some non-holiday territory at times. Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays had very good segments on the 'edible' ornaments at the hotels, on the plants, Christmas trees, topiaries and poinsettias, on the lights, garland, with facts and figures, etc. It was sort of an all-encompassing look at the holidays, Disney style. Very educational.

There was no mention of DLR at Christmastime in this HGTV special, but that was okay with me. Except for the fact that WDW is so enormous in comparison to DLR, many of the same preparations and arrangements WDW employs to prepare for its holiday season are also used at DLR, just on a smaller scale. I think anyone who loves Disney and especially loves Disney during the holidays will appreciate this HGTV special even if they are partial to DLR. So I definitely recommend it.

It is interesting that part of Guy Fieri's show tomorrow night is supposed to cover making gingerbread houses at DLR. Hasn't it been established that there are no gingerbread houses sold at DLR? Last I recall reading here on the DIS, people were saying they didn't see any sold anywhere in DLR and I didn't see them last year, either. So unless Guy is doing a segment on the Jazz Kitchen and their gingerbread house-making workshop, I can't figure out where these houses are that he is doing a segment on!

Bump (the show is on tonight, so don't want to let this slip too far down the page)!!:goodvibes:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter