Guy Fieri's Disneyland Resort Holiday Special - AIRING ON FOOD NETWORK THIS MONTH!

I would say give it time. First of all, it will air again this month on Food Network, while it is still the holidays, so keep checking the listings. It may not show up on the Web until after the holidays are over. But if it does not show up on YouTube anywhere, check Hulu too.

I watched both showings of it that night and absolutely cannot wait to get go to Napa Rose. I was drooling for the cioppino and egg nog creme brulee tart :cloud9:

Oh...I think the crepes were at Cafe Orleans since Guy mentioned that they were served in New Orleans Square ;)

I've been so sad because it has not been on the food network here in Canada....scoured the internet for it, no luck. Today I did a search (for the one millionth time) and it is showing on the foodnetwork here in Canada several times starting thursday!! :cool1::banana: hubby was looking at future recordings set up on the dvr...."ummmm why do you have this set to record about 6 different times?...." "DUH??!!" "like as if I'd take a chance on missing it!!" lol...

Oh...I think the crepes were at Cafe Orleans since Guy mentioned that they were served in New Orleans Square ;)

Yep.

And b/c the people eating them were sitting in the outdoor section (lady sitting in the same spot I freaked out the server by drinking 3+ cups of coffee, back when they had breakfast there) at CO.

I'm the opposite of everyone...as a longtime vegetarian the stuff at Napa Rose was disgusting! I've been in a small apartment while a goose was cooked, and it's an experience I *never* want to be near again, so I'm not sure I'll ever want to set foot in NR now...

And of course everything else he was part of making, but *maybe* the Yule Log (and since shortcut chefs have been known to toss gelatin into whipped cream to make it set prettier, and the candies would have to be taken off, that seems doubtful), is forbidden in our house due to gelatin or corn syrup or food colorings....sigh.

Why did I even watch it...I don't even like the guy!

Yep.

And b/c the people eating them were sitting in the outdoor section (lady sitting in the same spot I freaked out the server by drinking 3+ cups of coffee, back when they had breakfast there) at CO.

I'm the opposite of everyone...as a longtime vegetarian the stuff at Napa Rose was disgusting! I've been in a small apartment while a goose was cooked, and it's an experience I *never* want to be near again, so I'm not sure I'll ever want to set foot in NR now...

And of course everything else he was part of making, but *maybe* the Yule Log (and since shortcut chefs have been known to toss gelatin into whipped cream to make it set prettier, and the candies would have to be taken off, that seems doubtful), is forbidden in our house due to gelatin or corn syrup or food colorings....sigh.

Why did I even watch it...I don't even like the guy!

You probably watched it for the same reason I did, Molly - just to catch a little glimpse of the prettiness of DLR at Yuletime! I am with you on Napa Rose! I know I am in the minority on this, but I have NO desire to eat there whatsoever. None. Not my type of place at all. And I am not a vegetarian. But I just tend to have no interest in 'fine dining' cuisine. Give me a good diner or Italian joint any day!

I still think it was dumb that (A) They did not show the gingerbread men with Mickey ears cookies and instead only showed us regular gingerbread men, and (B) They did the whole segment on how to make the gingerbread house and gave no clue of where to see it on display!

Still, though, I did enjoy seeing the backdrop of DLR during this time of year, and it was a good companion piece to the HGTV special, "Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays."

I've been so sad because it has not been on the food network here in Canada....scoured the internet for it, no luck. Today I did a search (for the one millionth time) and it is showing on the foodnetwork here in Canada several times starting thursday!! :cool1::banana: hubby was looking at future recordings set up on the dvr...."ummmm why do you have this set to record about 6 different times?...." "DUH??!!" "like as if I'd take a chance on missing it!!" lol...

I feel your pain:sad1:. I finally found it on this Thursday at 8 pm. I've marked it on the calendar:thumbsup2

Focus on the egg nog creme brule Bumbershoot ;) I love Napa Rose and am a Vegetarian, but I love fine dining.

I want gingerbread cookies now!! BTW I wonder if that is who built the Haunted Manison gingerbread?

Just wanted to make a quick mention--I was so really bummed because I missed the first half of the show because I worked, and was even more upset because when it repeated I was going to be in Portland.
Ok got to the hotel, no food channel even...:confused3 But :
actually got to go to his show last night and it was awesome! Got his autograph twice--long story-- and my picture taken with him! He is very down to earth. The show was so fun though-- seriously I haven't had so much fun in a long time, if it's in your area you should definitely go. We bought our tickets at the box office so were up in the balcony but right before Guy came onstage a man came up and told us we could have any seat we wanted on the floor and we ended up about 15 rows back! :cool1:
**He did mention having to steal his triple d camera guys back from Disney for the tour--and what he had to do to get 'em lol.

The crepes were definitely at Cafe Orleans. I know they serve crepes there because my mom has had them before, plus I recognized the restaurant. :)

Funny when I was watching them make the yule log, I was wondering why I've never seen it at DL before. Found it at Plaza Inn last week, but OMG the pieces are HUGE! :eek: (as evidenced by smiley_face's pic) I wanted to try it but there was no way I'd eat that much, especially after my dinner.

As far as the gingerbread house, yeah that perplexed me too. However, the shape of it looked a lot like Mickey's house, so maybe it was displayed in Toontown or something. I know over the years I've seen a few display gingerbread houses at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street, but didn't see one this year. Hmm.

The crepes were definitely at Cafe Orleans. I know they serve crepes there because my mom has had them before, plus I recognized the restaurant. :)

Funny when I was watching them make the yule log, I was wondering why I've never seen it at DL before. Found it at Plaza Inn last week, but OMG the pieces are HUGE! :eek: (as evidenced by smiley_face's pic) I wanted to try it but there was no way I'd eat that much, especially after my dinner.

As far as the gingerbread house, yeah that perplexed me too. However, the shape of it looked a lot like Mickey's house, so maybe it was displayed in Toontown or something. I know over the years I've seen a few display gingerbread houses at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street, but didn't see one this year. Hmm.

Good! I am glad I wasn't the only perpplexed one about those gingerbread houses! You know, you must have read my mind becauuse, just yesterday, I was watching Guy's DLR special again (I just can't get enough of seeing DLR at holidaytime, even though I have it saved on the DVR!!:lmao:), and Blue Ribbon Bakery popped into my mind. Guy at one point mentions the bakery chef dude and then they flash to a shot of BRB. So I thought, Okay, maybe the houses are on display there. I have been into BRB for the holidays, but maybe I just didn't notice the houses? (IT is always so crowded in there when I go.) I can't believe they didn't put one out this year for display, especially when Guy's special is airing, showing this whole segment on making the houses!!! Maybe they moved it to the bakery over in DCA.

In any case, they need something festive in BRB for the holidays, decoration-wise. WDW has a great Christmas tree with cupcake ornaments in one of their bakeries, so DLR shouldn't be slacking off in that area!!!

We were there when they were filming it. popcorn:: It was so cool to see him, his wife and kids. I watched the show and I loved seeing all the Christmas festivities we will be seeing this Saturday when we are there! :banana: I so wish we could see the candy cane making but I know that line is long and I can't imagine any of my family wanting to wait. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter