Guy Fieri's Disneyland Resort Holiday Special - AIRING ON FOOD NETWORK THIS MONTH!

Where do you get the crepes? Those looked so yummy!
Next time we go, I really need to get off the rides and search out the food. I really regretted not wandering into more food establishments in the park when I was there last weekend! :sad2:

That was a very enjoyable show! I 'knew' about the candy canes, but not really! Very cool. Also missed where the crepes are served. Need to find that.

Great! Now that many of us have seen the special, let's all debrief!

First of all, I am not a big crepe person, but those holiday crepes looked fantastic. I can only assume they are perhaps sold at French Market? Maybe River Belle Terrace? I don't think they are at Cafe Orleans or we probably would have heard about it, but maybe.....

Next, I loved watching the whole process of how those candy canes are made, and it is a lot of work! That takes real manpower.

Also, I wondered why they did not show us any of the famous Mickey ears-gingerbread cookies that are so fantastic, but instead showed us the snowman shortbread cookies and regular, non-Mickey ears gingerbread cookies.

I love peppermint ice cream so was glad that segment at Gibson Girl was worked into the show. I was also pleased to see the Snowman candy apples make an appearance.

Now...the gingerbread house.....that whole segment confused me. I realize there is a giant gingerbread house in the parade, but the chef made the smaller version as though they were going to be using that version somewhere. Is there a window display or something where that smaller-scale gingerbread house can be seen? I have never seen it, and I know they don't sell them at DLR...so where in the heck is it?

I liked the Napa Rose segment, but Napa Rose is just not my type of place. I don't care about fine dining and the major 'presentation' of food at all. I am much more of a simple girl. I would be just as happy eating a really good hamburger or pizza. So I would never eat at Napa Rose for the holidays, but I can see where many folks love it there.

I loved this show!!

As for the crepes, they didn't mention where they were served, but I do know that Cafe Orleans has crepes on their menu. I had the seafood crepes on my last trip and they were delicious!

What about the Yule Log, where can we get that? Yummy!

We'll be at the Napa Rose next weekend for our anniversary and I was so excited to see the segment. We've never been and I'm already obbsessing about this meal. :)

I loved this show!!

As for the crepes, they didn't mention where they were served, but I do know that Cafe Orleans has crepes on their menu. I had the seafood crepes on my last trip and they were delicious!

We'll be at the Napa Rose next weekend for our anniversary and I was so excited to see the segment. We've never been and I'm already obbsessing about this meal. :)

Okay, so then I guess the holiday crepes they showed are served at Cafe Orleans. I was assuming French Market or River Belle Terrace.

The yule log can be found at Plaza Inn, for one. I don't know if that is the only place that has it on the menu or just one of a few places, but I know you can find it there. I saw a photo of it from one of our DIS-ers.

I am still confused about the gingerbread house segment - why did they stick that segment in there and not tell us where that little house can be viewed? It must be on display somewhere, right?

We watched it last night and thought it was fun...in spite of the fact that Guy Fieri was the host. He's just way too abrasive for me...tries too hard :duck:

I love Disneyland and Guy, so this special was just for me!! I loved the part where they made candy canes. Making candy by hand is a lot of work, so that would be a really special treat!

Did I say I love Disneyland? 44 days until we leave. Yippee!!

My sister watched the show last night and called asking to move our Nov 1, 2010 trip dates to Nov 15th so we can see all the Holiday stuff. The Disney magic worked on her. :lmao:

I loved this show!!

We were at the Napa Rose this year for our anniversary and they made it so special. The food was amazing and make sure you mention that it's your anniversary. They gave us a complimentary glass of excellen champagne.

Cool episode - I DVRed it and am watching it now. I also want to know where those crepes are from! It looked like the family who ate them were eating inside a nice establishment, with stained windows behind them. Hm. I think he mentioned that there was a fruity and a dessert crepe too? I gotta try these!

Okay, so then I guess the holiday crepes they showed are served at Cafe Orleans. I was assuming French Market or River Belle Terrace.

The yule log can be found at Plaza Inn, for one. I don't know if that is the only place that has it on the menu or just one of a few places, but I know you can find it there. I saw a photo of it from one of our DIS-ers.

I am still confused about the gingerbread house segment - why did they stick that segment in there and not tell us where that little house can be viewed? It must be on display somewhere, right?

:goodvibes we had this at the Plaza Inn never did see it anywhere else...pieces were huge!

DSCF3090.jpg

:goodvibes we had this at the Plaza Inn never did see it anywhere else...pieces were huge!

DSCF3090.jpg

Pic looks YUMMY... was it as good as it looks? Do you mind if I ask how much $$ it was?... not that that will stop me from getting it if you say it was FANTASTIC!

Yeah, they normally have crepes on the menu at Cafe Orleans, but this year (and I don't remember seeing them last year) they didn't have special holiday crepes on the menu. Maybe they had (have) them at French Market?

I would guess the G houses could be in club 33, the concierge lounges, VIP suites in the resorts....

I would guess the G houses could be in club 33, the concierge lounges, VIP suites in the resorts....

Oh, that's a thought! I hadn't considered those locations before, but I figured those gingerbread houses - or at least one house - must be on display somewhere in DLR since they took the time to do a whole segment on it on Guy's show.

Pic looks YUMMY... was it as good as it looks? Do you mind if I ask how much $$ it was?... not that that will stop me from getting it if you say it was FANTASTIC!

lol... I'd say get one for sure! it was very good. We are truly spoiled in the awesome food department, so for my taste it could have been a bit richer chocolatey...but I sure would get another one this year if they are still there!
I honestly don't remember at all how much it was...but it was huge!! plenty for hubby and I to share and dd had a couple of bites too...

lol... I'd say get one for sure! it was very good. We are truly spoiled in the awesome food department, so for my taste it could have been a bit richer chocolatey...but I sure would get another one this year if they are still there!
I honestly don't remember at all how much it was...but it was huge!! plenty for hubby and I to share and dd had a couple of bites too...

Thanks! I showed my kids the picture last night and they said... "ummm, YEAH we are getting that"!!

do they ever have the full episodes on the internet to watch? I don't currently have cable as I am inbetween houses right now but I love watching triple D.

I looked around because I missed the first 20 minutes and couldn't find it anywhere. (internet)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter