Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

This may seem like a silly question but if I booked online with Disney (no deal or special restrictive code just a regular booking) and picked my cabin does that mean it's my cabin or can they still change it?

We booked a family deluxe with Verrandah (Category O4E) and picked cabin #5546 which from what I have been reading was quite the score due to the size of the Verrrandah (just a lucky pick on my part - I had no idea) and now I have my heart set on it and I'm worried they may change it after reading other threads about upgrades etc.

I'm thinking the only upgrade that would be available would be concierge because the the O4D, C, B and A would just be different decks and not so much an upgrade?

dizzyr said:
This may seem like a silly question but if I booked online with Disney (no deal or special restrictive code just a regular booking) and picked my cabin does that mean it's my cabin or can they still change it?

We booked a family deluxe with Verrandah (Category O4E) and picked cabin #5546 which from what I have been reading was quite the score due to the size of the Verrrandah (just a lucky pick on my part - I had no idea) and now I have my heart set on it and I'm worried they may change it after reading other threads about upgrades etc.

I'm thinking the only upgrade that would be available would be concierge because the the O4D, C, B and A would just be different decks and not so much an upgrade?

Ask Disney to put a 'do not move' note on your reservation. The only way they'd change your stateroom is to move you because something was wrong with the room or if they needed that room for some reason. Usually they'd give you an upgrade to a better category, though.

As I understand it, upgrading opportunity depends on time of booking, Castaway club membership, DVC membership, ship capacity, and other factors. We were upgraded from a GTY room on the 2010 WBTA cruise. This took us from ocean view to Veranda. Wonderful. The final decisions are made at the 45 day out timeframe.

It was ~$490 to go to an ocean view cabin, $900 to go to verandah. The verandah upgrade was ~$500 cheaper at port than if I had purchased a VGT at the time of booking. we checked in at around 12:30 pm so in our case there were still upgrades available 90 min after the first check in window opened.

Our family is going on DCL for the first time on the 2-week eastbound transatlantic cruise. Our 3-year old twins are so excited. We haven't cruised in about 4 years now, but have done the Trans-atlantic previously on Royal carribbean. We are new to Disney. Would appreciate it if u ...
- have helpful tips on travelling with tots
- meeting the princess/disney characters for photo op or breakfast
- going to the bippipity bop pity boutique / pirate area
- have u been happy leaving your tots in their "daycare"

Many thanks in advance!!!
Teri

I am about to put a deposit down on the 2014 EBTA cruise. However, I am sailing to Alaska in Sept 2013 and will try to re-shop the EBTA whilst onboard. Does this mean I should try to book a non IGT/OGT/VGT room now as I wouldn't be able to cancel/move it if I need to in September?

Also when booking via the DCL website, how do I knoe which rooms fall under these categories? I am looking for the cheapest Deluxe Inside Stateroom and am booking from the UK, not sure whether that makes a difference on the website?!

Generally there are good discounts when you rebook on a cruise. As the Alaska cruise is 9 months from sailing of the EBTA, there may be some good deals. You can rebook, but I have never done this. I do not believe there are cancellation fees. Disney raises prices in steps between the time the cruise is available and the time it sails.

As for room types, check online or get a brochure with ship deck plans. Rooms are numbered and color coded by type and rate.

We are considering the EBTA and will be using DVC points.

WE have booked a VGT for May 4, 2013 on the Disney Magic - just YESTERDAY!

The only issue/question I have is - what if the room we are assigned is in poor condition? I had a friend of a friend who sailed the Magic in October and she showed me pictures of her bathroom - there were missing tiles, cracks in the tub, not pristine, clean condition!

If I were to encounter this problem, is it enough to try and transfer to another room or would I have to be stuck w/ the room (if this were to happen).

The friend was able to get some OBC but I think she was stuck in that room
:(

I am a first time Disney Cruiser and have a silly question. How do you know when you have been assigned a room when you have a GTY reservation? Do you get an email or do you just have to continually check the disneycruise.com site?

Rooms are finalized at 45 days out. Check the DCL website then. Your room should be specified at that time. You might call the phone center before that, but it is unlikely you will get any info.

WE have booked a VGT for May 4, 2013 on the Disney Magic - just YESTERDAY!

The only issue/question I have is - what if the room we are assigned is in poor condition? I had a friend of a friend who sailed the Magic in October and she showed me pictures of her bathroom - there were missing tiles, cracks in the tub, not pristine, clean condition!

If I were to encounter this problem, is it enough to try and transfer to another room or would I have to be stuck w/ the room (if this were to happen).

The friend was able to get some OBC but I think she was stuck in that room
:(

I can't see why they wouldn't move you or correct what was wrong unless there was no place to put you but IDK. Sailing VGT next week and hoping for the best. I don't think our ship is full though.

Hello, does anyone know about a guarantee deluxe oceanview? I thought we were booked in a room that was just a GTY room with an oceanview. But the TA has us as Deck 1. Is this some special deal we got ourselves into? It is a category 9D.
Thanks

I have a 7A category and we did not pay it all in full. The booking confirmation says GTY. So, yes this is confusing and I can end up any where in that cabin category :banana:

I recently booked 05E GTY on the Dream hoping for one of the extended veranda rooms at the aft of the ship, and when they assigned my a room it was an upgrade to a 05D room on the starboard side of the ship.

To be honest I don't consider a 05A, 05B, 05C, or 05D an upgrade from a 05E room.

I recently booked 05E GTY on the Dream hoping for one of the extended veranda rooms at the aft of the ship, and when they assigned my a room it was an upgrade to a 05D room on the starboard side of the ship.

To be honest I don't consider a 05A, 05B, 05C, or 05D an upgrade from a 05E room.

That is my worry... I too have a category 5E and I picked that especially for the extended veranda so what is one to do?? I don't want one of the tiny verandas...

Here is my experience with booking a VGT room.

I originally invited my mom to come with me and she said that she didn't think she would come due to family issues.

I booked the VGT with a single fare rate (Just about 200%) and called her all excited because I was going to book GTY 7A and saved myself $600.

I told her that it was a great rate and I couldn't make any changes........the phone goes silent.......she said that she talked it over with my Dad and he was going to buy the cruise for her birthday.

I felt horrible and said, it's a long shot, but I will call and ask Disney if they will add you.

And they did :cheer2:

So you can make changes by adding people to the reservation. But the amount was due immediately and there are no refunds. And I am guessing you can't take people off either.

So in my case all worked out well:grouphug:

I'm fairly confused. On our last cruise I booked it myself through the DCL website. We were assigned our rooms at about 45 days and given a slight upgrade to a sideways 11 room. It was fine.

For our next cruise, I booked with our travel agent and we already have exact room numbers. I was very surprised since it's more than a year away. I'm unclear now about any changes we want to make: we might add a niece to our room or we might like to upgrade. Can I do those things or are we locked in to this room?

I'm fairly confused. On our last cruise I booked it myself through the DCL website. We were assigned our rooms at about 45 days and given a slight upgrade to a sideways 11 room. It was fine.

For our next cruise, I booked with our travel agent and we already have exact room numbers. I was very surprised since it's more than a year away. I'm unclear now about any changes we want to make: we might add a niece to our room or we might like to upgrade. Can I do those things or are we locked in to this room?

You may be able to add/alter until the ship or clubs or lifeboat capacity in your room section fills.

1. Can you get Disney insurance on a GT so that if for some reason you couldn't go, you'd still get a credit like on their regular cruises?

2. Is there a link somewhere explaining what the categories actually mean. I.e., 7a, 5b, etc.

3. I keep reading the comparisons between GT and 1st day bookings. Do prices jump right up after the very first day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts