Grumpy, his wife and their son Goofy dine at the World -- Updated 220 & 232(Pg 15&16)

Yum, the burger, sandwich and chips all look good.

Olivias looks like a place we would enjoy. Are you planning on trying breakfast next time?

Looks like a yummy burger (even better melted sliced cheese). I dislike when I get a cheeseburger and the cheese is just sitting on the top of the burger not melted. That's me though! The french fries look really yummy too!!!!! Oh, and my favorite drink...................Pina Colada!!!! What can I say yummy yummy yummy!!!!!!!!! That's my kind of meal! :cool1:

Sorry I've not responded to all of you (been busy at work, I've been sick the last couple of days and dealing with the insurance company on our car being fixed). Responses coming up and then, hopefully, an update this afternoon or tonight. Thanks for sticking with me.

I've never had a meal at Olivia's. I heard that from a CM that it's a hidden gem. I heard that 27th party was a mass! We actually went to that one and we saw more people than we ever did whole week! Hopefully, you had a better experience!

It was our first time at Olivia's and we really enjoyed it--it is a hidden gem.

The party was a zoo and we won't be going back for a long time. :sad2:

Sounds like a really good dinner. And your cheeseburger looks delicious! Not to mention the pina colada.....I could go for 1 or 2 those right now.

If I felt better, I could go for a pina colada right now myself; although perhaps the cold would make my throat feel better.

Olivia's is one of my favorites...especially for breakfast. It's so nice and relaxing...especially when staying at OKW!

Jill in CO

Jill, what doyou recommend for breakfast? I'll be there in January.

Chocolate for breakfast?! YUM! Actually, depending on my mood that may or may not be too sweet for me. And, yes...what is up with the lack of any coffee drinks in DW? :confused:

Never been to Olivias... burger looks yummy. :goodvibes

I really wish they'd put a REAL Starbucks somewhere on Disney property.
The burger was very yummy.

Yay for Olivia's!! I only had the banana bread french toast once & it is :cloud9: & other options look great too!

I can't wait to try it for breakfast. But I won't be eating banana bread french toast (after having to eat a banana almost every day of my second pregnancy, I can't stand the smell of them, let alone like eating t hem :lmao::lmao:)

I can't believe Sunshine Seasons didn't have a cappucino.

I'm glad you enjoyed Olivia's - I have read many positive reviews of this place and may have to check it out one day.

Tanz, I couldn't believe it either. I did get one later though at the place near Universe of Energy.

I took Karin's advice and we had breakfast there on our last morning ,I agree it is a hidden gem !!We were a party of 10 and they had our table all ready and we were seated immediately !The chef came out and went over the menu for our lactose intolerance guys and even made special pancakes and potatoes for them. We really enjoyed it and I will be back again !!! That bread pudding sundae is calling my name !!!

Thanks for that, Rosie. We will be going to breakfast in January.

YUM! I love Pina Coladas...and you're on vacation! Perfect! Your burger looks great, too.

Pina Coladas are my favorite...but not sure why since I don't particularly like rum or coconut? :confused3:confused3:confused3 Mark always said I was a little off.

Yum, that burger you had looks really good.

It was a very good burger and the cheese and bacon on it were great too.

Yum, the burger, sandwich and chips all look good.

Olivias looks like a place we would enjoy. Are you planning on trying breakfast next time?

Yes, Diane, I am taking Mary and the girls to Olivia's for breakfast on the day we fly home (my little thank you for letting me tag along).

Looks like a yummy burger (even better melted sliced cheese). I dislike when I get a cheeseburger and the cheese is just sitting on the top of the burger not melted. That's me though! The french fries look really yummy too!!!!! Oh, and my favorite drink...................Pina Colada!!!! What can I say yummy yummy yummy!!!!!!!!! That's my kind of meal! :cool1:

Lynn, I'm with you. I hate when they throw on the cheese and it isn't melted (McDonald's, Wendy's....are you listening????????????).

I think a Pina Colada goes well with everything except maybe breakfast. ;)

The banana bread french toast is great as is the Olivia's breakfast. Try the multigrain toast. It is fantastic if you like a nice dense, chewy bread. It's super yummy!

Jill in CO

We were supposed to go to 50's Prime Time for lunch and then LeCellier for dinner. However, being that Andy was only with us for three days, we wanted to get in as much as we could, so we cancelled the 50's ADR and had breakfast at the Writer's Shop and then an early dinner (4:30) at LeCellier.

Breakfast -- Writer's Shop

We fell in love with this place last year. There is never a wait and the food is fresh.

Andy had a Chocolate Chip Muffin and a Milk (he does not drink tea or coffee -- he is a milk, water, juice and adult beverage kind of guy)

Day6012.jpg

Mark had a Cinnamon Bun and an Iced Coffee (this is the FIRST time I have ever seen Mark order an Iced Coffee...but it was brutally hot already at 9:30 a.m.).

Day6014.jpg

Day6015.jpg

I wasn't hungry (I took a nibble of Mark's bun) and just had a cappucino.

Day6016.jpg

Once again, the service was excellent and the place was empty. The food was very fresh. The only complaint I would have is that the cappucino is way TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO small for the price they charge (then again, I am used to my VENTI cappucinos from Starbucks).

We will definitely be back again. It's a great place to get something light for breakfast when you want to do a lot of touring of the park.

Up next, our dinner at LeCellier. Will it live up to the best meal of the trip as it has in the past? Or will we not go back?

Prior to planning for this trip.... I didn't even know Writers Stop existed. I still am going to have to figure out exactly where it is...but I am super excited about it.

I have to laugh about your mentioning the cost of the cappuccino. The do cost a lot! And... that says something when you and I both think so when we frequent Starbucks a lot...and their drinks aren't cheap either!!!

Prior to planning for this trip.... I didn't even know Writers Stop existed. I still am going to have to figure out exactly where it is...but I am super excited about it.

I have to laugh about your mentioning the cost of the cappuccino. The do cost a lot! And... that says something when you and I both think so when we frequent Starbucks a lot...and their drinks aren't cheap either!!!

Ann, it is behind Sci Fi Dine In...you can't miss it.

I drink 3 Starbucks a day and, as you know, they aren't cheap. But at least for my $4 and change, I am getting a HUGE cappucino. I think the cappucino at the writer's cup was $3.19 or something like that and it is smaller than the Starbucks tall coffee. :scared1:

Ann, it is behind Sci Fi Dine In...you can't miss it.

I drink 3 Starbucks a day and, as you know, they aren't cheap. But at least for my $4 and change, I am getting a HUGE cappucino. I think the cappucino at the writer's cup was $3.19 or something like that and it is smaller than the Starbucks tall coffee. :scared1:

You do have a Starbucks gold card, right? :) It's nice to have some reward for our Starbucks habit!

Jill in CO

Writer's Stop is not the easiest place to find unless you know where it is. It is not on the map and it took me asking three CM's to find one who knew where it is. Look for Sci Fi on the map and pay attention when you get there. Without the Dis I really wouldn't know it exsisted. I would have continued to just walk on past.

I thought the CM's inside were really nice and they have a lot to offer. Definitely worth searching out.

We were supposed to go to 50's Prime Time for lunch and then LeCellier for dinner. However, being that Andy was only with us for three days, we wanted to get in as much as we could, so we cancelled the 50's ADR and had breakfast at the Writer's Shop and then an early dinner (4:30) at LeCellier.

Breakfast -- Writer's Shop

We fell in love with this place last year. There is never a wait and the food is fresh.

Andy had a Chocolate Chip Muffin and a Milk (he does not drink tea or coffee -- he is a milk, water, juice and adult beverage kind of guy)

Mark had a Cinnamon Bun and an Iced Coffee (this is the FIRST time I have ever seen Mark order an Iced Coffee...but it was brutally hot already at 9:30 a.m.).

I wasn't hungry (I took a nibble of Mark's bun) and just had a cappucino.

Once again, the service was excellent and the place was empty. The food was very fresh. The only complaint I would have is that the cappucino is way TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO small for the price they charge (then again, I am used to my VENTI cappucinos from Starbucks).

We will definitely be back again. It's a great place to get something light for breakfast when you want to do a lot of touring of the park.

Up next, our dinner at LeCellier. Will it live up to the best meal of the trip as it has in the past? Or will we not go back?

I have never in my life had a cappucino. My beverage habits are more similar to your son's. I will drink coffee once in a blue moon though, I love ice sweet tea though. I guess I'm not much of a hot beverage drinker. Give me my coca-cola classic and I'm set!!

Writer's stop gives Passholder discounts because it sells merchandise!

If you are coming from the Honey we shrunk the kids playground or the car stunt show, keep going down towards the New York props. You'll see a drug store on the left and it's right beside that.

I have heard good things about Writer's Shop. I haven't tried the place yet but it's on my list to try for next trip.

Totally with you on the size of the coffee's at Writer's Stop - they are tiny :eek:

Love this place; and as you say, never a wait and also lots of fresh items :cloud9:

All I can say about the Writer's stop is ....... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Ann, if you go there - try the carrot cake cookie! :cloud9:

All I can say about the Writer's stop is ....... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Ann, if you go there - try the carrot cake cookie! :cloud9:

:scratchin: yeah..planning to go, but for breakfast. I wonder if that carrot cake cookie wouldn't be the best idea for a breakfast snack. Oh...who am I kidding...anything goes in Disney, right? Chocolate is often breakfast food so I imagine, carrot cake can be too.

:goodvibes

:scratchin: yeah..planning to go, but for breakfast. I wonder if that carrot cake cookie wouldn't be the best idea for a breakfast snack. Oh...who am I kidding...anything goes in Disney, right? Chocolate is often breakfast food so I imagine, carrot cake can be too.

:goodvibes

Hm, interesting question ....... ;) .......... but then it is actually two cookies sandwiched together with frosting (or whatever they call it :laughing:) ....... so technically it's a sandwich and I guess that's "allowed" for breakfast. :lmao:

The Writer's Stop looks yummy!!!! :thumbsup2 I didn't know this place was in existence either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter