Grumpless In Orlando UPDATED! 10/18

AK is always a great choice for first park. :goodvibes

I'm sure Jared was thrilled that you pre-purchased the PP CD and had to get an exorbitant amount of photos taken. :lmao: Most of the guys on my trips are too.

Hey, that's my favorite sign at ITTBAB too.....

Oh no....you're never too old for pictures with characters!

You are correct, there is no such thing as too many pictures of Everest.

Next time I go to Yak and Yeti I want to try the fried green beans too! They look great.

Other than the fried green beans, you guys basically duplicated my BFF's and my meal there in January. :rotfl:

I think the Animal Kingdom is such an underrated park... I really love it there and I think it has so much potential...(non Avatar potential:rolleyes1...Your pictures are lovely...:goodvibes

I love Yak and Yeti... I'm such a nerd but I feel like I'm in an Indiana Jones movie in there...:cool1:

I love that your mom got a cocktail and rode Everest... she's a fun mom!

It sounds like you had a great day at AK. I have never been able to see the hippo up close. The something always happens to me, but I seem to get the back side of the hippo in pics. :rotfl2: That was a great up close shot.

Yak and Yeti food pics look good. How was your Tempura Shrimp? The fried wontons look so yummy and so does the chocolate cake. I have heard the fried green beans are good and that is already added to my must try list.

Can't wait to hear more!

Great update!!! Great pictures from the AK. Love that place. It is such a well-themed park.

Jared is like Jeremy---pictures are not that fun anymore!!! I already told him that he didn't have to see characters this trip but I was getting pictures with them whether he did or not. I have paid for photopass CD as well and I want to get my money's worth. :thumbsup2

Yak & Yeti looks delicious. I keep forgetting about that place. Those wontons look amazing.

So glad your mom liked Expedition Everest.

Sounds fun, Michele!

We have Yak & Yeti on the list for our next trip and I can't wait to try it! I really like AK park as well. We only go for one day when we go but I would never not go. We just make sure we get all our touring done for that park on one day. I happen to love It's tough to be a bug and Dinosaur!! Out of our whole family that is my favorite ride at AK. The rest of them like EE. Oh, and I just love the characters in their safari clothes! It's just so darn adorable!!

Oh and congrats on scoring the AOA resort reservation! Love it when things work out! :cheer2:

Can't wait to read more...

A wonderful evening and dinner. As you know, I seem to have a thing about certain objects and take a zillion pictures too. And one usually is the tree of life as well. But really? Can you have too many pictures of it? No you can not!

There are many things at WDW that I can't seem to have enough pictures of......

Glad I am not alone :thumbsup2

I loved the beach club when I stayed there! The pool is amazing!!

It really is! Like a mini water park!

AK is always a great choice for first park. :goodvibes

I'm sure Jared was thrilled that you pre-purchased the PP CD and had to get an exorbitant amount of photos taken. :lmao: Most of the guys on my trips are too.

Hey, that's my favorite sign at ITTBAB too.....

Oh no....you're never too old for pictures with characters!

You are correct, there is no such thing as too many pictures of Everest.

Next time I go to Yak and Yeti I want to try the fried green beans too! They look great.

Other than the fried green beans, you guys basically duplicated my BFF's and my meal there in January. :rotfl:

Yep, he absolutely loves stopping for PP pictures ;)

Too funny about the sign, I normally have to take his picture by the big ball of dung inside too, but I got lucky this time as a show was starting right when we got there :laughing:

I will go ahead and tell you, he did lighten up on the no pictures with characters thing, which made me very happy!

Yes, try the fried green beans, they are really good!

I think the Animal Kingdom is such an underrated park... I really love it there and I think it has so much potential...(non Avatar potential:rolleyes1...Your pictures are lovely...:goodvibes

I love Yak and Yeti... I'm such a nerd but I feel like I'm in an Indiana Jones movie in there...:cool1:

I love that your mom got a cocktail and rode Everest... she's a fun mom!

Ugggg, don't get me started on Avatarland! My brother, a Disney novice, was asking me about it the other day, telling me how cool he thought it could be. Blech! I hope the 'creative differences' that have the project on hold right now keep it from being built period!

Oh my gosh! I never thought of it, but Y&Y does totally have an Indiana Jones vibe!

Yep, mom is pretty fun :thumbsup2

It sounds like you had a great day at AK. I have never been able to see the hippo up close. The something always happens to me, but I seem to get the back side of the hippo in pics. :rotfl2: That was a great up close shot.

Yak and Yeti food pics look good. How was your Tempura Shrimp? The fried wontons look so yummy and so does the chocolate cake. I have heard the fried green beans are good and that is already added to my must try list.

Can't wait to hear more!

Most of the time I have trouble even finding the hippo the water, let alone have it right up next to the glass, it was pretty cool!

I have an tendancy to get a few back side photos myself....

The Tempura Shrimp was good. This was the second time I've had it and I have no complaints!

Great update!!! Great pictures from the AK. Love that place. It is such a well-themed park.

Jared is like Jeremy---pictures are not that fun anymore!!! I already told him that he didn't have to see characters this trip but I was getting pictures with them whether he did or not. I have paid for photopass CD as well and I want to get my money's worth. :thumbsup2

Yak & Yeti looks delicious. I keep forgetting about that place. Those wontons look amazing.

So glad your mom liked Expedition Everest.

AK is such an easy park to photograph, so many great things to look at there!

Jared did lighten up with the character photos, he would deny it, but I think he actually got into it towards the end of the trip :thumbsup2

Sounds fun, Michele!

We have Yak & Yeti on the list for our next trip and I can't wait to try it! I really like AK park as well. We only go for one day when we go but I would never not go. We just make sure we get all our touring done for that park on one day. I happen to love It's tough to be a bug and Dinosaur!! Out of our whole family that is my favorite ride at AK. The rest of them like EE. Oh, and I just love the characters in their safari clothes! It's just so darn adorable!!

Oh and congrats on scoring the AOA resort reservation! Love it when things work out! :cheer2:

Can't wait to read more...

I try and get at least a day and a half at AK each trip. We had to cut it from our plans last year when I went for F&W and I really missed it!

I can take or leave Dinosaur, I rode it for Jared mostly, but I love ITTBAB and EE!

I'm excited to stay at AoA! I'm sure I'll have about a thousand pictures of the resort when I get back!

Oh I love those green beans! My kids thought that all restaurants should offer then instead of fries. Wouldn't that be great!

Some nice photo pass pics already on day one! Well done. Yuck on the noisy toilet. We had a "whirring" noise in our BWV room that you really only noticed at bedtime but wasn't enough to do anything about.

Jeff made a valid point last night. There was probably a DVD in the player and it kept trying to play it, but the TV was off. Of course I didn't even think to check and see if anything was in there!

Hello! :wave2:

I remember you and your beautiful family from your Disneyland/California TR years ago. It's so fun to see how past TR/PTR friends have changed and how their families have grown. Since my Disneyland TR back in 2008 I've had a little boy and Reya has HAIR and just started the first grade.

Anyway.... I love your TR thus far... It's making me super excited for our trip in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to read more and too see your lovely pictures.

Oh I love those green beans! My kids thought that all restaurants should offer then instead of fries. Wouldn't that be great!

Some nice photo pass pics already on day one! Well done. Yuck on the noisy toilet. We had a "whirring" noise in our BWV room that you really only noticed at bedtime but wasn't enough to do anything about.

Jeff made a valid point last night. There was probably a DVD in the player and it kept trying to play it, but the TV was off. Of course I didn't even think to check and see if anything was in there!

We should get a petition going for the fried green beans instead of fries! My kids would be all over that too!

Photopass pics go down hill from here :rotfl: Actually, there are a few good ones, but more not so good, than good.

Hmmm, Jeff might be on to something with the DVD. Would've been nice if he had been along to share that insight though, huh?

Hello! :wave2:

I remember you and your beautiful family from your Disneyland/California TR years ago. It's so fun to see how past TR/PTR friends have changed and how their families have grown. Since my Disneyland TR back in 2008 I've had a little boy and Reya has HAIR and just started the first grade.

Anyway.... I love your TR thus far... It's making me super excited for our trip in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to read more and too see your lovely pictures.

Well hey there stranger!

Hard to believe Reya is in the 1st grade already! Time sure does fly.

Yay for trip in 2 weeks :cheer2: I still can't believe I'm leaving for Disney again in just 46 days!

Hey there! Yeah, the room was really nice, very spacious, which made up for the not so spacious balcony :rolleyes:

Lol so true. Yea their balconys are really not that spacious. But can't complain since I am always in the parks and only in the room to sleep :-)

Great update Michelle!

Oh, can I relate to Jared not wanting to take pictures. I swear Morghan rolled her eyes at me each time we stopped for a Photopass picture last week. What is with kids?! :rolleyes:

I love your photos! EE is gorgeous, isn't it?! Yak and Yeti is so on my next time list! :thumbsup2

I had read some bad things about the BC bus service, but I have to say, we had the best service of any trip I've ever taken.

Yep, a quick stop just for a meal a little Disney fix, it was perfect for our first day

Funny how no matter how many trips we take, we still have that list for 'next time'. My brother just went to Disney for his first trip and he told me that he was on a mission to see it all in one week, I just laughed at him! He called me yesterday when they were on their way home and told me he was pretty sure that they only scratched the surface....

I think they finally made it just BC abd YC so it is much better than when it was all FIVE BC,YC, BW, Swan and Dolphin

We keep going back because there is ALWAYS more on the to-do list. :lmao:

Hi, Michelle!!! How exciting to be headed back to Disney during the Christmas season to see the new Fantasyland and stay in an AoA room AND get to hang out with Happydog!!! :banana: Very exciting for Justin to be watched by the college coaches as well! :thumbsup2

I always love seeing pictures of the Beach Club, but what a bummer about the balcony :(. Hurray for Animal Kingdom being your first park! I will confess that I always end up with a lot of pictures of Everest as well! Lol!

Hi! I'm finally here!!! :banana:

Love Yak & Yeti, yum! Those wok fried green beans are the best, aren't they?

That balcony is TEENY! Whoa! I knew they were small, but geez... Good thing to keep in mind for room requests!

Yay! I just found this TR. You are getting me very excited for my trip in April. I am also married to a grump and have an 11 yo grumpy DS too! So I've stared taking trips without them. I just went to Disneyland with my DD8 in December and I'm going to WDW with my mom in April. So excited! Splitting my stay between the Beach Club and AKL! :banana::banana: I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your TR!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter