Green Eggs and Ham

tubtruck

Tubtastic
I have eaten at Green Eggs and Ham only once back in 2002, every time we have been since it has been closed. Is it ever open ? We usually travel in the summer to Florida

I have eaten at Green Eggs and Ham only once back in 2002, every time we have been since it has been closed. Is it ever open ? We usually travel in the summer to Florida
No...it's been closed for a while now and I doubt it will open anytime soon.

I just don't understand this. It has been years since I have seen this opened. And we really liked it. If they aren't going to open it why don't they replace it with something else? We are always disappointed that it's closed.

I just don't understand this. It has been years since I have seen this opened. And we really liked it. If they aren't going to open it why don't they replace it with something else? We are always disappointed that it's closed.
I know...oh well...sigh.

DSC01644.jpg

It's definitely a shame that the Green Eggs and Ham stand isn't open...I always thought the food was pretty good and it's such a classic idea...but I'm sure the reason it hasn't been torn down or replaced is that Audrey Geisel (Dr. Seuss' widow) has a great deal of control over what is done with anything licenced by her late husband's estate, including Seuss Landing and any aesthetic changes to the area have to (at least in part) have her approval. I've been involved with a couple of other projects based on Dr. Seuss works and Audrey has always has a very firm hand in almost every aspect of those projects so I doubt that the IOA project is any different. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter