Gratituity Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlynn82

Earning My Ears
Hello All-
I am new to this... so i am sorry if i am giving a little to much info.
We are going to Disney this April for my son's first trip (although i consider it to my 1st trip since i haven't gone since i was 10-11 years old (now 30)
We will be a family of 6.
4 adults, 4 year old and my baby will be 8 months old at the time of travel.
We did purchase the dining plan. My then 8 month old does will not be eating at the restaurants. I am told that since we are "party" of 6 there will be an 18% gratuity automatically added to my sit down meals???
Not sure how/why this would occur since the baby will not be eating.
Was i misinformed? or is this the case?
advice please.

Welcome to the DIS and the Restaurant Boards.

You should book as a party of six. The age of the baby is not relevant. Doesn't matter if the baby eats or not, all warm bodies are counted because they need space at the table (even if the baby will be held on a lap). And yes, because you are a party of six the automatic gratuity kicks in.

If you book as a party of five, you will be changed to a party of six when you arrive at the restaurant.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

This is the link to the Tipping Information Thread, where all tipping discussion on the Restaurant Boards is done. All such discussion is limited to this board; the first post has a Tipping FAQ and the reasoning behind having only one thread dedicated to tipping. This thread is not being closed because the question is improper, but because all tipping discussion is limited to that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter